• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Hotel Manager [v0.3a] [FTB Software]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
@meigame
as FlipTopBin already told you, you should see traceback.txt in the same folder in which you see log.txt
If you don't have it, probably your problem is related to your pc (or mac) more that the game itself.
Now I play to see if I encounter any problems too.

PS: To use spoilers, copy and select the text that you want to hide, click on + and then select Spoiler.
See the screenshot below.
View attachment 163493
Thanks for the info on spoilers. Should I ever need to use one and my aging brain fail to remember the instruction I will hopefully remember to check for this post. I do not expect I will need spoiler tag for the bug hunts, I'm obviously ill-equipped for the process but thank you for your effort.

Reactions: DanMachiFan

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
its a Dell Vostro running windows 7...it runs majority of games from here fine...its the "1 in 50" that white screens....the problem is..windows 7 is a bugfest of CRAP and has the "this is not genuine copy" bug i cannot fix and it wont allow upgrading of any sort...hell i tried to upgrade to windows 8.1 and the system will not allow any operating system or driver changes...its so proprietary that its stuck like this for eternity..and of course no operating system cd's...because..Dell :/ as for the appdata folder..hell..i cant find it....lol..i could on my good system(which died) but not on this thing...

FlipTopBin

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
@DeUglyOne: Thanks the info on webp quality settings. I use image magick to do the conversions so I will have to see what (if any) support they have for this.

I have implemented my own internal versioning system now to get around renpy's perennial variable/saves issues so shouldn't be an issue from now on. The problem I had with init blocks was that they only run once and I wanted something which would run after every load game. I am sure there are many patterns for coping with this issue, I just wish the Renpy guys would build one of them into their framework!

@thunderrob: Well you are in deep doo doo then my friend. Splash the cash for the windows dvds or install Linux would be your long term solution. Short term, you could try this:

Find a renpy game which does work and make a copy of the whole directory tree then delete any and all .rpa files from this new tree and the saves directory. Then copy the archive.rpa, FredokaOne-Regular.ttf and Museo500.otf files from my game into the newly created game directory. Ignore the fact things in the top level directory have the wrong names, doesn't matter, then run the .exe and good luck.

This is one of those things which might work in theory, possibly ... If it doesn't work in practice then get your wallet out.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
went to intel and discovered..the integrated g33/g31 only supports up to opengl 1.4...ugh :/ this dellcraptastic does have a free pci-e slot ..going to try popping an old radeon card i know supports newer opengl in and see if i can make this junk usable

Reactions: bacchusplateau

Kuniyoshi

May 24, 2017
Today seems to be the day of games rising from the ashes...I was just thinking last night that I hoped this wasn't abandoned - and here it is!

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Quite fun. Hope the next update will be on a quicker schedule ^^

Some of the expressions are a bit to creepy for my liking :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The animations are fine. I prefer more content over animations though. They eat up a lot of time and the bigger projects with enough funding can pull them off I think. Smaller projects should focus on good stills and get some meat on their bone imho.

And that tube girl ... why am I forced to play with here? I dont like her look and she creeps me out. :noexpression::angel:

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
Read .

yes ok I just read it and well he sucked so often sorry and apologizes and yes damn the game is good fun especially sophie and it's really fun I've started new and .... well .... damn I feel now guilty ...... where I have so much fun in the game .... oh man you can but also mess up the evening with your note :px'Dx'D

mdelawn

Nov 10, 2017
Getting an error when i try and get Lucy into the office for a chat.
And also when trying to have a 2nd chat with Emily.
Any ideas?

rory68

Jul 5, 2017
I really enjoyed the game!!Nice renders,dialogues and good sense of humor!Waiting for the next update!

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Beautiful renders, and beautiful models and the animations are amazing too ;P
VN's name is "The Hotel Manager", but it would seem that as the story progresses, hotel won't be the only thing MC will be managing, but also his little harem too, built with the different ladies working in the hotel, haha, and that can be very juicy, steamy and sexy :p Hopefully even sexier scenes will come about soon too, though hopefully character and relationship build won't be absent when it does happen! :)

Definitely gonna keep my eyes on this one for sure! ;P

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
am happy..game is running now :D i fell in love with this game many moons ago the moment i saw this and have waited and waited for an update....now i can play and experience the most adorable dame in games..LOL View attachment 163690
yaya..i have really weird tastes..what can i say :D
I can't say that I fault you for really liking those two dames, I mean, even a blind dead man in the grave would suddenly have one last hard-on with either of these babes nearby :p

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Please tell me that this guy didn't just unironically name his MC Mr. Rogers. Please?

That's like creating a game called Family Matters and the MC is unironically a white guy named Carl Winslow.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm not complaining. It's a really great game so far. Let's do this, Mr. Rogers.

Reactions: Eerie Entity
4.40 star(s) 8 Votes