Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.1a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I got this error after Day5 Late night

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 453, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 62, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 66, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in <module>
KeyError: 6

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "game_screens/pc_screen.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "game_screens/pc_screen.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 229, in script
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 453, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1537, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 66, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in <module>
KeyError: 6

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Haunting Nightmare 0.2.0a
Fri Jan 12 14:31:43 2024
I got this same error. Tried ignoring, it just goes on forever...only option is to rollback, and same error pops up no matter what event you try to trigger going to sleep and starting the next day.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Redhead changes only manage to make MC look like an insecure retard with aspergers. All he saw is them entering a car and he started foaming at the mouth. At least before he had reason for his anger. If you can't handle some people disliking something about your game and butcher it, you shouldn't be making games in the first place.
Pre-change, MC sees Jess kissing her boss. Post-change, MC see's Jess bringing her boss home with her. I'd say those situations are similar enough for the MC to get angry. It's not like he was a bastion of mental stability prior to the breakup. If he storms off after every argument instead of communicating with his then-gf (which has been the biggest issue between these two morons since day 1) do you expect him to think rationally when he sees her bringing another man home? He thought they were still together, so in his mind/perspective he has a reason for his anger.

And I don't get this whole "don't make any changes" schtick. No one is forcing the dev to do anything. Do they complain? Well, it's the internet and we're all anonymous here so of course people complain. The dev can take or leave the feedback (be it constructive or not). Not every dev on here has years of experience with writing or story telling, so hearing from the people playing the game that they don't like x, y, or z can help them write better towards their target audience, if they so choose to. Or they can not and just keep with the story they had in the first place. "Don't make any changes" it telling a dev not to grow and learn. Let them decide for themselves.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Pre-change, MC sees Jess kissing her boss. Post-change, MC see's Jess bringing her boss home with her. I'd say those situations are similar enough for the MC to get angry. It's not like he was a bastion of mental stability prior to the breakup. If he storms off after every argument instead of communicating with his then-gf (which has been the biggest issue between these two morons since day 1) do you expect him to think rationally when he sees her bringing another man home? He thought they were still together, so in his mind/perspective he has a reason for his anger.

And I don't get this whole "don't make any changes" schtick. No one is forcing the dev to do anything. Do they complain? Well, it's the internet and we're all anonymous here so of course people complain. The dev can take or leave the feedback (be it constructive or not). Not every dev on here has years of experience with writing or story telling, so hearing from the people playing the game that they don't like x, y, or z can help them write better towards their target audience, if they so choose to. Or they can not and just keep with the story they had in the first place. "Don't make any changes" it telling a dev not to grow and learn. Let them decide for themselves.
Growing and learning when creating by cumbrains committee is impossible. Have you ever seen those free4all chyoa stories? Or sandbox text games with everyone contributing? It's a nonsensical mess. Your audience isn't a hive mind and 99% of their "suggestions" aren't based on any desire for narrative coherence. They are just based on their very personal preferences about pixel waifus. Which results in carbon copy inoffensive characters.

By the way, I can't imagine that change fixed anything when it comes to the players who didn't like her (I was one of them). As I said, all it changes is making him look stupid. A kiss is cheating. Getting out of cars isn't. It doesn't matter if it actually happened or not, at that point he only knows what he sees.

And I don't even know what the change about that milf served. She obviously was just a side-chick and her being a slut could somehow be exploited by a bad character. Her being some kind of lesbian weirdo getting off with some unmoving robot doll just makes her a creep.

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
cumbrains committee
Ok, that's my new favorite term for this community.

Growing and learning when creating by cumbrains committee is impossible. Have you ever seen those free4all chyoa stories? Or sandbox text games with everyone contributing? It's a nonsensical mess. Your audience isn't a hive mind and 99% of their "suggestions" aren't based on any desire for narrative coherence. They are just based on their very personal preferences about pixel waifus. Which results in carbon copy inoffensive characters.

By the way, I can't imagine that change fixed anything when it comes to the players who didn't like her (I was one of them). As I said, all it changes is making him look stupid. A kiss is cheating. Getting out of cars isn't. It doesn't matter if it actually happened or not, at that point he only knows what he sees.

And I don't even know what the change about that milf served. She obviously was just a side-chick and her being a slut could somehow be exploited by a bad character. Her being some kind of lesbian weirdo getting off with some unmoving robot doll just makes her a creep.
I stick to mainly VN's with a few sandbox exceptions, but only if they are heavily story without too many minigames.

I will say that it changed how I look at her. Not that I really blamed her for what she did before (she had a selfish reason to do it, and in the same situation I also would have done it) but she just seemed dumb the first time around. This time she seems slightly smarter with how to manage the mess she made from lack of communication with her partner that got her there in the first place. I'm going to take the Ross/Rachel break thing out of the equation as we are playing the MC and he thinks they were still together. So a kiss is cheating, yes, but bringing another man home has implications especially for someone with as short of a fuse as the MC. He didn't need to see it because he was broken and in a state where, combined with his short fuse, he made an assumption which fit the likely narrative (and even she admitted that was why he was there, she was just able to avoid it once they were inside). So he wasn't 100% wrong - he "knew" why they were there, they just didn't get to do it.

Haven't gotten to the milf changes yet and honestly probably wasn't going to pursue her anyway. Generally speaking, I don't have any interest in a character I visibly see having sex with another man. If it's happening but isn't shown then whatever, but if I see it I just lose interest in that character. I never had any complaints about her/that, though, because I just didn't have interest in her from the start - I'm not a huge netori fan unless it's the overall premise of the story. Maybe I'll give it a shot if I play the "bad boy" route.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
"Fuck you GasCoine" :LUL: sorry but for some reason this made me more laugh.

Ok after playing it there some things I need to say. Despite what we just saw and on some of the preview pics I guess the main plot/focus is about two things.
- MC having a mental fight with his inner demons regarding what happend around him like the fact MC GF cheated on him and you as the player will either be the good or bad guy aka forgiving/saving her or threating her like she deserves and punish/kill her.
- MC 'helping them out' and 'healing them if that make sense. You probably know what im talking about. "Oh these poor girls. Lets help them out and during this process they will warm up and love me."
However its done in a lazy way. Wont say its in the most awful way possible as we could have seen sex scenes with them aka flash backs or what not.
The scene with Laura (Lunas and Janes Mom) cheating on her spouse on the preview pic 6 is not in the curent build or I missed it somehow.

But it all dulls down that your ex-gf (hoe) cheated on you but oh woe me, she had her reasons and of course MC is being gas lighted into accepting it. Totally not ntr right lol. But depending how you play like a evil or good guy you can dump her right from this point on or forgive her.

For these who dont want to play but are interested:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The card/fight system is cool but the very first fights are pointless to try to win them because no mater how much you try the game forces you to lose them even if you win somehow.

I have mixed feelings with this one. Despite having my doubts I dont think this is a fuckery fuck fest type of game, despite having some red flags. Like I said if it was there would be already some disgusting scenes in the game. But its not like im right with my prediction. I still liked it but if there wont be a harem end I guess its not for me to go through all this hustle.
Thanks, I appreciate your effort with your detailed story information...it aided in deciding if I would have interest. And that would be a nope. Playing as an idiot cuck, gf is fucked by another...not my style of AVN. Thanks again.

Regards,

Reactions: Faxe10%

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
might seem like an odd question but how much of a sandbox is it? It it more of just exploring a mall where some things are optional or is it more of a real life simulator where you have to get a job and check it every day? Or could kinda be a mix like BaD?

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
might seem like an odd question but how much of a sandbox is it? It it more of just exploring a mall where some things are optional or is it more of a real life simulator where you have to get a job and check it every day? Or could kinda be a mix like BaD?
Haven't played this update(rework of some parts) but as far as I remember there was card battles mechanic for in game fights and free roam portions where you had limited time to do actions, check on people before time skips. More, or less like any normal VN with mutually exclusive choices but this time you have a timer that lets you know, instead of being a background mechanic.

Reactions: _doodle_

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1705134033045.png
Haven't played this update(rework of some parts) but as far as I remember there was card battles mechanic for in game fights and free roam portions where you had limited time to do actions, check on people before time skips. More, or less like any normal VN with mutually exclusive choices but this time you have a timer that lets you know, instead of being a background mechanic.
This game does not push MC into some overly complicated sand box map without a giude and abbandons you to go figure stuff out in a trial and error way. You can avoid all the sand box while staying in your room and only doin the actions on the premisses, game will continue. You have actions you choose while in your room - click this babe button, get her event, click it again, get her next event ... oops, times up, off to sleep you go then poof! next day.

You can, of course, go explore and stuff, which is optional. No forced sand box.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beast Within

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Haunting Nightmare [v0.2.0a] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 165mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes