Ren'Py The Haunting Nightmare [v0.3.1a] [Dofla Studio]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
The Haunting Nightmare 0.2.0a has been released!
Featuring development of 0.2.0a in game time: (New content) - Day5's main story. - Luna's evening romantic event.

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
weird... I never play this game yet the thread is ignored. Seems like an interesting one.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
most of the time it's your choice if you want to go "harem" way or monogamous way.
The inclusion of harem is bad for monogamous way, even if optional, monogamy is best reserved for games where you have to choose a girl and stick with it, and where there are consequences for cheating. Because when a harem is optional that means that the girl is capable of sharing the MC, and if she is capable of sharing the MC for someone who is monogamous that is a huge redflag and she comes across as a cuckqueen, and when it is harem that is ALL the girls.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
I've completely remade two LI's plots so the answer should be no. But there are one or two minor girls'behavior may be considered as it. Anyway feel free to check it out, cheers:)
yea, i see a lot of changes, especially with Laura. if i remember correctly she fucked some random guy, now she fucking a doll xd about Jess, she mentioned about fucking her boss? now she never do that and only seduce him

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I've completely remade two LI's plots so the answer should be no. But there are one or two minor girls'behavior may be considered as it. Anyway feel free to check it out, cheers:)
I like the changes. Not that I think that we as players should in general come here and demand that the dev should change their game and vision for us, but when there is no NTR tag and no disclaimer, yet NTR is present in the game, I think that pushback is warranted and disappointment is understandable. In which case you either embrace the NTR, change the tag and put a disclaimer or do the change that you did. So thank you for listening.

Dofla Studio

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2023
I like the changes. Not that I think that we as players should in general come here and demand that the dev should change their game and vision for us, but when there is no NTR tag and no disclaimer, yet NTR is present in the game, I think that pushback is warranted and disappointment is understandable. In which case you either embrace the NTR, change the tag and put a disclaimer or do the change that you did. So thank you for listening.
At the very beginning I'm confused about all the arguments but then kinda understand them. I'm a new dev and try to do better, if the demand is reasonable I'll consider change. Thank you!

WerewolfSinX

Feb 7, 2021
The inclusion of harem is bad for monogamous way, even if optional, monogamy is best reserved for games where you have to choose a girl and stick with it, and where there are consequences for cheating. Because when a harem is optional that means that the girl is capable of sharing the MC, and if she is capable of sharing the MC for someone who is monogamous that is a huge redflag and she comes across as a cuckqueen, and when it is harem that is ALL the girls.
Completely 100% agree, Don't get me wrong I'll play a harem game that is optional simply because 98% of visual novels is about harems, so I take what I can get when it comes to romancing one girl at a time. If its full on harem then I simply just don't play it, just not my thing.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Giving this another try from the beginning as in the dev notes a few things I didnt like about it the first time were changed.

- What is the purpose of the professions? Each one gives different stats or money stiill and nothing about what the stats do or mean.

- Again, hobbies that influence stats with no meaning behind them

- Stop with the transition images that you cannot skip, I dont need to see the same 4 images for 20 seconds to get the point

- The night event with Luna is unhinged. Even on the "bad" path night 2 you are with someone and you drug them and rape them. MC goes from kind of a dick to full on rapist 0-100.

- Gfs backstory was changed so she wasnt raped and didnt sleep with her boss, but she is still being threatened by him.

- Dont really get the training stuff and stats. I worked out on strength, had strength level up but still only have 1 point in the mini games. Does it actually not do anything?

- Really dont like how all the free roam things are timed, so you only can do 1 of them when there are 4 options present

- Game over scenes and no roll back? Seriously fucking suck.

- I think I reached the end? Going to lunas house causes an end screen. Doing anything else causes a renpy error.

Overall...meh. Probably wont be playing this again. The GF stuff is better but thats about it. The combat game is pure rng rock paper scissors. Feels like you are scripted to lose all but one of them so far. The Luna night even seems to be there just so a sex scene is in the game and doesnt fit at all with the story, even with the "bad" mc. Goes from being a jerk to full on raping a girl. Dont get the training stats stuff if the mini game is RNG anyways. If I train to raise vitality, viitality shoulud go up, not a hidden counter based on which hobby I picked. Dont like how free roam works. Dont want to have to replay 95% the same game to see a hahndful of scenes that are different that you cannot choose because you are limited to only one choice.

Overall, not for me and dont really recommend playing it yet. Maybe a few updates from now when things are more fleshed out. Probably wont be giving it a 3rd chance.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
- What is the purpose of the professions? Each one gives different stats or money stiill and nothing about what the stats do or mean.
It is all about the optional fights no? It doesn't matter if you skip mini-games. Money is to buy items for stats, background is to get different stats. Stats matter during fights.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Redhead changes only manage to make MC look like an insecure retard with aspergers. All he saw is them entering a car and he started foaming at the mouth. At least before he had reason for his anger. If you can't handle some people disliking something about your game and butcher it, you shouldn't be making games in the first place.

Also game breaks at night after the ballroom event. Starts spamming errors.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
I got this error after Day5 Late night

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 453, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 62, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 66, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in <module>
KeyError: 6

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "game_screens/pc_screen.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "game_screens/pc_screen.rpyc", line 92, in script call
  File "scenes_scripts/sandbox_home.rpyc", line 229, in script
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 453, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause(delay)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1537, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\Hgames\TheHauntingNightmare-0.2.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 66, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/game_screens/sandbox_screen.rpy", line 69, in <module>
KeyError: 6

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
The Haunting Nightmare 0.2.0a
Fri Jan 12 14:31:43 2024

Reactions: shavone1 and baemfu