Toporgir

Sep 30, 2023
Almost. It's completed. But I played It today and I want to modify a few things before releasing it.
Mostly giving the MC some more beliavable reactions to what's happening. As it is right now I feel that she's too bland, I want to make her a bit more proactive instead of reactive.

Sorry for the delay, but I really want to make this first version as good as possible. At worst I expect it to take me another week. But hopefully I'm able to release it sooner.
Not hating but you should stop promissing deadlines you can't deliver, or at the very least have in mind that delays might happen when setting a "public" deadline. Considering the several missed deadlines this project had at this point you should just say "soon" or "it will be out when it's out" to avoid confusing the people who follow your work.

Last edited:

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Not hating but you should stop promissing deadlines you can't deliver, or at the very least have in mind that delays might happen when setting a "public" deadline. Considering the several missed deadlines this project had at this point you should just say "soon" or "it will be out when it's out" to avoid further disappointing the people who follow your work.
In truth, I don't give deadlines for you people, but for me.

Isn't the same working on a project were I have no deadline, that one where I know that people are expecting me to release it on X date. I may still miss that date, but I know I'll prioritize this project more over other aspects of my life if I know it is there.

Toporgir

Sep 30, 2023
In truth, I don't give deadlines for you people, but for me.

Isn't the same working on a project were I have no deadline, that one where I know that people are expecting me to release it on X date. I may still miss that date, but I know I'll prioritize this project more over other aspects of my life if I know it is there.
fair enough

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Just posted the first version for free at and I requested a new Thread. Hope you like it!

Any feedback is appreciated, and if you liked it, please support my work.
I actually thought it was GB2. Guess I misunderstood. Is this game the priority now?

Reactions: Bloodguard

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I also thought we were getting a sequel. Wonder why I thought that? :unsure:
I actually thought it was GB2. Guess I misunderstood. Is this game the priority now?
Original plan was to do a few very short games and then The Goblins Brides 2. But I saw that Dance With Rogues was open source and I decided on this project. After I'm done with it I'll jump into GB2. I plan to add some gobbo content to Dance with rogues too.

Last edited:

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Original plan was to do a few very short games and then The Goblins Brides 2. But I saw that Dance With Rogues was open source and I decided on this project. After I'm done with it I'll jump into GB2. I plan to add some gobbo content to Dance with rogues too.
Ok. Fair enough its your choice and I have nothing but respect for your decision.

Not a big fan of html games but I might give your game a try just because of the excellent work you did in GB.

Will this be a long term game? I recall you were planning a short game on an island. Even posted a couple of pics. Is that being scrapped or are you incorporating that into your other games?

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Ok. Fair enough its your choice and I have nothing but respect for your decision.

Not a big fan of html games but I might give your game a try just because of the excellent work you did in GB.

Will this be a long term game? I recall you were planning a short game on an island. Even posted a couple of pics. Is that being scrapped or are you incorporating that into your other games?
I expect for the current project to take me at least a long as The Goblin's Brides, so yeah, it is long term.

The island thing I plan to incorporate some ideas from it into the new project.

Reactions: msleomac

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I expect for the current project to take me at least a long as The Goblin's Brides, so yeah, it is long term.

The island thing I plan to incorporate some ideas from it into the new project.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. looking fwd to see how this game develops

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
did we ever get the final harem option?
Yes there is. It's a pretty well rounded game when it comes to routes. Though, there are characters that are introduced in the end that didn't have any routes whatsoever. The dev has moved to another project, but if this one ever gets a sequel, here is to hoping the harem expands.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Yes there is. It's a pretty well rounded game when it comes to routes. Though, there are characters that are introduced in the end that didn't have any routes whatsoever. The dev has moved to another project, but if this one ever gets a sequel, here is to hoping the harem expands.
In the upcoming months I'm going to have more free time to develop, and I was seriously considering starting development on The Goblin's Brides sequel as a side project, as I kind of miss working on this series, but there is some things that I'm not completely happy with from the first game, so right now I'm considering doing a "remake" of The Goblin's Brides, before jumping into the sequel.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
considering doing a "remake" of The Goblin's Brides, before jumping into the sequel.
Woah, that is great news. Though a GB sequel would be great but, considering your present focus on A Dance With Rogues, a remake as a side project does indeed sound as the better choice. You already have the basic foundation down for the Goblin Brides, so all you'll have to really focus most on would be the changes you have in mind. That way you wouldn't feel burdened developing two big projects at the same time.

Personally, I've seen too many devs stretch themselves thin working on multiple projects, but if you feel like you'd be able to finish both with quality and in time, power to you! :D

PS: If you don't mind sharing, what exactly did you feel was missing in the original game? Curious as to what you felt could have been done different.

4.50 star(s) 51 Votes