3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
I worked a bit with the guy off and on. The reason is actually pretty complex, yet simple.
Let's start with the shift from "The Gift" to "The Gift:Reloaded"

Halfway through making "The Gift" He decided there are alot of things he wished to change. He wasn't satisfied when looking back on it. This led him to scrap the original and start back from square 1.

Something similar happened with Reloaded, he wasn't satisfied with how it was turning out. You combine this issue with Patreon cracking down on incest content, as well as other depictions of illegal sexual acts like rape. (and i'm certain there were quite a number of outside factors)

I can't say I'm shocked he decided it wasn't worth it anymore.
Just curious - what aspect of the game did you focus on? Was it art assets, coding, etc.?

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
I worked a bit with the guy off and on. The reason is actually pretty complex, yet simple.
Let's start with the shift from "The Gift" to "The Gift:Reloaded"

Halfway through making "The Gift" He decided there are alot of things he wished to change. He wasn't satisfied when looking back on it. This led him to scrap the original and start back from square 1.

Something similar happened with Reloaded, he wasn't satisfied with how it was turning out. You combine this issue with Patreon cracking down on incest content, as well as other depictions of illegal sexual acts like rape. (and i'm certain there were quite a number of outside factors)

I can't say I'm shocked he decided it wasn't worth it anymore.
You know? I can actually believe that. That kind of indeciseveness would explain the sudden switch to sandbox, halfway through. Mind you, I usually prefer sandbox style for these games, and also preferred it in this one, but it needs to be consistent. The way it ultimately turned out, it looked like half of the game is a ridiculously long intro.

Reactions: chainedpanda

vman424

Dec 22, 2021
I usually lend my hand with script checking. Dialogue script anyhow.
Basically, making sure everything is grammatically correct.

Like I said, things were off and on, so I didn't have much work with this project.
Pity. I'd even just like to see if there is more story. Raw text format even, forego everything else. I just wanna know how the damn situation ends.
:unsure:

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
I don't know DEV's personal life, but at least he could make a last effort to finish the game, in his spare time, I don't know, it's even disrespectful to those who supported

Reactions: Randeep44

Omar128

Feb 3, 2018
I honestly preferred the original, which seems lost for good now. The reboot seemed kinda stretchy. But I agree that this game had (and still has, it seems) a lot of potential.

Durisaz

Apr 18, 2021
Honestly? I think it goes to show just how much potential this game had. No game has seemed to be able to replace it.
"The Mind Society" was able to do it for me, but it is super short. Also on verge of being abandoned, due to devs burnout.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I miss this game, one of the few mind control games done right.

The rest aren't even actually mind control, just plain making girls horny and that's it, no actual hypnosis or common sense manipulation.

Chameleo

May 20, 2017
there is a game called Shattered Minds is in Development. the Dev was a big fan of the gift and said that this game is going to be a spiritual successor to it. and yes there is incest in this game

BTW the dev is eXtasy Games, the guy who's making Fates: Determination. and that is a very good VN
Damn, I came here just to remember the good old times since today it's been three years since the dev posted something on his Patreon and only thanks to this I found your comment. The game looks awesome and I will definitely check it out when it releases. Thanks!

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes