3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Maybe you should give a report to the mod that this game is actually updated(even it is just rework/bugfix). It will make this thread appear in the latest update again and make more people discover this game.
And I must say the weapon of blood angle look too plastic for me, is she a villain or hero?:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the tip! She's a villain and I'll try to make her weapon look less plastic next time haha

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
To sum it all up, this will be my response to the aforementioned issues. Since the issues of the game run much deeper than I anticipated, I plan to go back to the drawing board and rethink some of the decisions I have made with the game. I will fix as much as I can from Episode One, and release the reworked version as soon as I can (I'm just waiting for my university semester to finish).

Thank you all for the interest in my game, and I encourage you to inform me of any suggestions on how to improve it (especially with the performance).
Glad you're taking this approach. Just checked out the game for the first time and stopped because of that scene lag. I'll say from a story point of view I found everything up to that point to be almost boringly predictable. Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere but as you've said I think it's too similar. None of the characters or events felt very memorable to me to put it nicely.

Hopefully I don't sound like a dick, just giving my honest thoughts. Best of luck on future development.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I usually kill self-righteous assholes who call themselves super heroes and try to mess with my stuff.. So it feels weird to be on the other side of justice.

But I enjoyed it a lot!! I wish lots of success to the dev.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Glad you're taking this approach. Just checked out the game for the first time and stopped because of that scene lag. I'll say from a story point of view I found everything up to that point to be almost boringly predictable. Everyone takes inspiration from somewhere but as you've said I think it's too similar. None of the characters or events felt very memorable to me to put it nicely.

Hopefully I don't sound like a dick, just giving my honest thoughts. Best of luck on future development.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Thank u

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
I usually kill self-righteous assholes who call themselves super heroes and try to mess with my stuff.. So it feels weird to be on the other side of justice.

But I enjoyed it a lot!! I wish lots of success to the dev.
Thank you!

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
This is not an exception. It is bad coding/planning. The dev is using the show function of the renpy for the videos. I don't think he knows that if you use one Show function after another they stack. Meaning while one video is being played, another one is being played in the BG. And honestly, the game comes with a lot of basic issues...
Hey, man. Thanks for bringing up the issue with the show function. Could you pls inform me of these basic issues that I must fix for the next update? Thank you!

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Hey, all! As you may have read in this thread, after gaining some feedback from players and other devs, I have decided to rework the entire game so that you may have a better experience. My personal schedule is about to get freed up so I'm going to have plenty of time to finish this version. In fact, in the last couple of days, I have accomplished the following:
- Outlined the script for Chapter One.
- Started writing the script.
- Designed ONE new original character.
- Redesigned FIVE characters from the old version.

Thank you all for giving me some valuable input on how to improve the game! Please remember that I welcome constructive criticism and I would strive to improve upon them. To end this short update, here are a few renders of these characters.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Hey, all! As you may have read in this thread, after gaining some feedback from players and other devs, I have decided to rework the entire game so that you may have a better experience. My personal schedule is about to get freed up so I'm going to have plenty of time to finish this version. In fact, in the last couple of days, I have accomplished the following:
- Outlined the script for Chapter One.
- Started writing the script.
- Designed ONE new original character.
- Redesigned FIVE characters from the old version.

Thank you all for giving me some valuable input on how to improve the game! Please remember that I welcome constructive criticism and I would strive to improve upon them. To end this short update, here are a few renders of these characters.
just remember, there's no need to stay out of your confort zone, u work was great at the current time :3 but improviments are always awsome hehe <3

• Red Heart

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, if you are reworking it anyway, please do get rid of the one choice-options. They aren't even real options, they serve no purpose, they break the game flow and honestly, they are just super annoying.
It always feels as if devs put them in to make a VN appear more like a game, as if a mouse-click would significantly alter the fact that it's basically a novel with choices.
I honestly always wonder how devs decide to go with them. It's like: "Well, there is no real option here, I COULD just continue the story, OR I could force people to move the mouse cursor to a specific place to make one possible click and THEN continue the story. Of course, I'll do the latter because it's annoying and unnecessary and might even piss some players off, that makes it the natural choice. And while I am already doing it, let's do it lots of times, so it really disturbs people from just enjoying my work."

Considering you are going to rework it, I will just stop playing now and try again after you did that.

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Well, if you are reworking it anyway, please do get rid of the one choice-options. They aren't even real options, they serve no purpose, they break the game flow and honestly, they are just super annoying.
It always feels as if devs put them in to make a VN appear more like a game, as if a mouse-click would significantly alter the fact that it's basically a novel with choices.
I honestly always wonder how devs decide to go with them. It's like: "Well, there is no real option here, I COULD just continue the story, OR I could force people to move the mouse cursor to a specific place to make one possible click and THEN continue the story. Of course, I'll do the latter because it's annoying and unnecessary and might even piss some players off, that makes it the natural choice. And while I am already doing it, let's do it lots of times, so it really disturbs people from just enjoying my work."

Considering you are going to rework it, I will just stop playing now and try again after you did that.
Will do!

Reactions: botc76

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Remaking a game in the early stage is usually the start of getting the game abandoned, experiences from the games in f95.

• Sad
Reactions: HanBoston

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Remaking a game in the early stage is usually the start of getting the game abandoned, experiences from the games in f95.
Hello! It's unfortunate to hear that, but I'm currently still working hard on this game and I can't wait to share this new version soon! :)

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes