Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
This game is so good I kept playing till the end even after the whole ripped jeans issue... kudos.
was the "Queen C" a slip of the tongue or a spoiler?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
This game is so good I kept playing till the end even after the whole ripped jeans issue... kudos.
was the "Queen C" a slip of the tongue or a spoiler?
It's neither. It's just what Gottardo calls Cordia. With big dismay from the rest of the high-ups.

Reactions: Blayo

yuriluv25

May 10, 2017
@HopesGaming who's the main focus of the next update (please be luna) what kinda character development can we look forward to, interested in what isabelle??? (i think that was her name) first actual interactions gonna be.

Reactions: HopesGaming

affadsg

May 13, 2018
I love this game so far nice models, nice history, good content and ideas, really looking forward for more ^^. There is a another way to support, not just patreon, or another way of payment? ...The problems of been 21 years old and don't have a bank account =)

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
@HopesGaming You have really created something special here... I very much enjoyed the game so far, the models are very beautiful and feel far more unique then most games, and the crazy humor had me truly laughing out loud on multiple occasions. Between Luna and Gottardo in particular I just laughed over and over again from their outstandingly funny dialog. There are tiny little spots that could use a touch of proof reading, just very slight errors, but nothing really serious. I have extremely high hopes for this game and really can not wait to see where you take it. Hats off to you, an outstanding job so far!

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
@HopesGaming who's the main focus of the next update (please be luna) what kinda character development can we look forward to, interested in what isabelle??? (i think that was her name) first actual interactions gonna be.
I think it's only fair that the other girls receive a bit more content now, hehe. But don't worry, I got a lot of Luna content coming too, just not for 0.02.
I rather wanna show how the interactions will be than writing it beforehand. Also since this is a very story focused game I try to avoid spoilers. And many times character development will do just that.

Free roaming is the main focus for next release. You can see more on page 6. Wrote my plans there.

@HopesGaming There are tiny little spots that could use a touch of proofreading, just very slight errors, but nothing really serious!
Thank you for your kind words!
And yes, sadly there is going to be many cases where the grammar will be subpar compared to so many other games here.
I live in Denmark but of foreign descent (born in Denmark so feel like a Dane. Vikings forever!).
So basically English is my 3rd language. That is of course not an excuse for not keep learning it and I am!
Hopefully, the problems become less noticeable the more I write :)!

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Thank you for your kind words!
And yes, sadly there is going to be many cases where the grammar will be subpar compared to so many other games here.
I live in Denmark but of foreign descent (born in Denmark so feel like a Dane. Vikings forever!).
So basically English is my 3rd language. That is of course not an excuse for not keep learning it and I am!
Hopefully, the problems become less noticeable the more I write :)!
Seriously we are talking very minor grammar issues on occasion, nothing like the Engrish we have come to expect in early version games like this, so especially if this is your 3rd language then you have done an exceptional job! The next time I play thru the game I will try to log the grammar issues to help you clean it up, but it's not bad at all and in no way impacts our ability to comprehend the scenes. Also I have a lot of Dane blood in me, so yeah... Vikings for the win!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I'm not sure if it was intentional but the "work" system (ranking, shop, soldiers) feels like playing a text-version of fallout tactics. and that's a good thing

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Seriously we are talking very minor grammar issues on occasion, nothing like the Engrish we have come to expect in early version games like this, so especially if this is your 3rd language then you have done an exceptional job! The next time I play thru the game I will try to log the grammar issues to help you clean it up, but it's not bad at all and in no way impacts our ability to comprehend the scenes. Also I have a lot of Dane blood in me, so yeah... Vikings for the win!
Oh yeah, I didn't want to sound too melodramatic either. I do have some faith in my own English writing. Just that when it comes to people who have English as their main language and/or are very grammar savvy, I do fear that it be a big no-no for them.
Also, I would love if people pointed out the mistakes! Because I myself sometimes can't spot them.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but the "work" system (ranking, shop, soldiers) feels like playing a text-version of fallout tactics. and that's a good thing
I must admit, never played the old fallout games (before 3, don't hate me) but I maybe should look into some youtube let's play of the game. Maybe there some 'ideas' I could take from it.

Should be a character in the game saying "Tuborg Hvergang!".
Hahaha, in next release I'm going to make all character say that at the end of their lines!

Reactions: Blayo

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This is a much better game than I thought it'd be. I'm not going to go to deep with the good things because they're obvious. They're definitely there. The characters are interesting (love the depth with the Four Serpent and Mysterious Six, etc), the storyline is intriguing (I have some suspicions but will keep that away for now), the design looks good too (environment and stuff).

I'll go a bit deeper with the criticism because it's still early in the game and I think it's more beneficial to have some sort of feedback on what could've been improved than what's already done well enough.

The Work
This is the one biggest criticism about the game for me, and unfortunately there are quite a lot to say on this.

1. I appreciate the depth with the missions having descriptions and all that to make things more believable. It's a good thing, but at the moment in version 0.01, it's mostly meaningless because we don't really have context to them. There's a mention about Bonanzo Family (who are they?), there's also a mention of Gina's Tavern (where is this? who is Gina?), but there's no context to these that it's basically filler text that doesn't really mean anything.

2. Too many options that don't really get matched with the availability of Equipment setup. What I mean here is that clearly the equipment needed for stealth, combat, guard contracts are different, but the Equipment screen is clunky (no idea if simply Renpy's limitation or not) where you have to equip and unequip multiple gear everytime you want to go on a different mission. A centralized auto calculation of stats based on what gear you own would streamline this process so much more. For example, if you have both the black and yellow jackets, it'd automatically only count the black jacket's stealth stat when going on stealth contract. Alternately, if we can have 3 different sets of equipment, that'd work too.

3. Success/Failure is a little too random. I understand there's a need for random mechanism in there, but the problem is when it's too random and you can spend the whole day doing 4 easiest contracts and failed all without anything you can do other than "simply try again next time". There is no feedback to say why you failed, and therefore, you know there's nothing you can do to prevent failure next time around either.

4. The Grind. I understand that grinding can be a good thing in a game to somewhat slow the pace down as well as making the player feels like they've achieved something. However, the problem with this implementation in the game is that there are too many steps for grinding.

4.1. You need money to advance a quest (let's say to buy jeans)
4.2. You grind the work to get money (it's the only way to get money)
4.3. To increase success rate of the work, you need to grind for better equipment (random result)
4.4. You grind the lower work to get money to buy equipment (highest success rate which can still fail anyway)
4.5. Then you realize that the success/failure rate is random (every failure slows you down)

Basically you grind money to grind for better equipment so you can grind for money for quest.

Now the biggest problem with all that is that the game should not be about the grind (The Work). The game's main strength should be about the storyline and the characters (and eventually romance/sex). If the bulk of the time playing the game is spent on grinding doing the work, then there's a big flaw with the game design.

I'm not saying to get rid of the work because I think it's an interesting concept in itself, I'm especially looking forward to the promotion in rank to see what's up next, as well as how future missions could be more in-depth. But I think there needs to be a serious overhaul with the work to make it better gameplay-wise.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
This is a much better game than I thought it'd be. I'm not going to go to deep with the good things because they're obvious. They're definitely there. The characters are interesting (love the depth with the Four Serpent and Mysterious Six, etc), the storyline is intriguing (I have some suspicions but will keep that away for now), the design looks good too (environment and stuff).

I'll go a bit deeper with the criticism because it's still early in the game and I think it's more beneficial to have some sort of feedback on what could've been improved than what's already done well enough.

The Work
This is the one biggest criticism about the game for me, and unfortunately there are quite a lot to say on this.

1. I appreciate the depth with the missions having descriptions and all that to make things more believable. It's a good thing, but at the moment in version 0.01, it's mostly meaningless because we don't really have context to them. There's a mention about Bonanzo Family (who are they?), there's also a mention of Gina's Tavern (where is this? who is Gina?), but there's no context to these that it's basically filler text that doesn't really mean anything.

2. Too many options that don't really get matched with the availability of Equipment setup. What I mean here is that clearly the equipment needed for stealth, combat, guard contracts are different, but the Equipment screen is clunky (no idea if simply Renpy's limitation or not) where you have to equip and unequip multiple gear everytime you want to go on a different mission. A centralized auto calculation of stats based on what gear you own would streamline this process so much more. For example, if you have both the black and yellow jackets, it'd automatically only count the black jacket's stealth stat when going on stealth contract. Alternately, if we can have 3 different sets of equipment, that'd work too.

3. Success/Failure is a little too random. I understand there's a need for random mechanism in there, but the problem is when it's too random and you can spend the whole day doing 4 easiest contracts and failed all without anything you can do other than "simply try again next time". There is no feedback to say why you failed, and therefore, you know there's nothing you can do to prevent failure next time around either.

4. The Grind. I understand that grinding can be a good thing in a game to somewhat slow the pace down as well as making the player feels like they've achieved something. However, the problem with this implementation in the game is that there are too many steps for grinding.

4.1. You need money to advance a quest (let's say to buy jeans)
4.2. You grind the work to get money (it's the only way to get money)
4.3. To increase success rate of the work, you need to grind for better equipment (random result)
4.4. You grind the lower work to get money to buy equipment (highest success rate which can still fail anyway)
4.5. Then you realize that the success/failure rate is random (every failure slows you down)

Basically you grind money to grind for better equipment so you can grind for money for quest.

Now the biggest problem with all that is that the game should not be about the grind (The Work). The game's main strength should be about the storyline and the characters (and eventually romance/sex). If the bulk of the time playing the game is spent on grinding doing the work, then there's a big flaw with the game design.

I'm not saying to get rid of the work because I think it's an interesting concept in itself, I'm especially looking forward to the promotion in rank to see what's up next, as well as how future missions could be more in-depth. But I think there needs to be a serious overhaul with the work to make it better gameplay-wise.
Thanks for the feedback! Now to see if I can answer a few of them.

1. That was done on purpose and is my way of doing the world building. it shows that the game does not revolve around the mc but rather that he is in a new environment and a lot of stuff happens in the background.
With that said, however, there will be lexicons and opportunities to read about all the other big families later via the laptop (or maybe other methods.) But not so much with the small folks like Gina. Those people exist but the mc don't really care about who it is, but they may appear. Again, it's a way to show world building. An alternative: I could only add people and families which already have appeared and/or have been described in depth. But that would feel too much like the world is building around the mc.
I'm open to both paths, so once I (hopefully) gain a bigger following, I make a poll about which is the preferred direction.

2. Agree with most of this. It requires some heavy coding so it's going to be a lot of work playing around to see how it can be done. Not a big deal in the first few releases, but once more contracts and items appear, it will become an issue. So definitely work in progress.

3. Agree. It's something that been talked about a lot already and something I am fixing at this moment right now.

4+. Money and balancing should be fixed in the next release (well, trying to. Balancing is never easy). Story and free roaming should be the focus. The contracts and stuff should not take the focus of the other stuff.

Thank you for taking your time with such indepth feedback. Hope you find my answers to your liking!

Akai

Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! Now to see if I can answer a few of them.

1. That was done on purpose and is my way of doing the world building. it shows that the game does not revolve around the mc but rather that he is in a new environment and a lot of stuff happens in the background.
With that said, however, there will be lexicons and opportunities to read about all the other big families later via the laptop (or maybe other methods.) But not so much with the small folks like Gina. Those people exist but the mc don't really care about who it is, but they may appear. Again, it's a way to show world building. An alternative: I could only add people and families which already have appeared and/or have been described in depth. But that would feel too much like the world is building around the mc.
I'm open to both paths, so once I (hopefully) gain a bigger following, I make a poll about which is the preferred direction.

2. Agree with most of this. It requires some heavy coding so it's going to be a lot of work playing around to see how it can be done. Not a big deal in the first few releases, but once more contracts and items appear, it will become an issue. So definitely work in progress.

3. Agree. It's something that been talked about a lot already and something I am fixing at this moment right now.

4+. Money and balancing should be fixed in the next release (well, trying to. Balancing is never easy). Story and free roaming should be the focus. The contracts and stuff should not take the focus of the other stuff.

Thank you for taking your time with such indepth feedback. Hope you find my answers to your liking!
I have some suggestions also.

1. I think it might be good to make MC to have a life outside of the family. Like, going out for a jogging in the park at weekend mornings. At there, some beauties for passing time, you know what i mean. Or at night going to a bar, for example Gina's Tavern and flirting with Gina. I know it means more renders and much more work to do. But it's make story wider and open up the world a little more.

2. I have a suggestion about the equipment system as well. You can make preset equipment system. For example two slots for presets, instead of changing whole equipment one by one for every different mission, player can create different preset one for stealth, one for attack. So when going to a mission you can chose one of the preset equipments. It make things easier for all of us.

And lastly for my own suggestion:

** I think, books for raising stats is not immersive. Grind, Save Money, Buy Books, BAM! You raised your stealth by 5!! It might be good for the first step but after it become illogical. So it might be add more job to do for your pocket but it make game better i think: training system. One you learn basics from books, you'll start to training. In the mansion there is a training room or gym for members to use. In there different kind of workouts to raise different stats. For example box ring or punching bag for raising Attack. Physical training equimpents for defense exc. After training by yourself, a coach train with move in. New character for more branching to story as well as more work to do for You. :) I know it give you more load to your shoulder but it will make the world better.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I have some suggestions also.

1. I think it might be good to make MC to have a life outside of the family. Like, going out for a jogging in the park at weekend mornings. At there, some beauties for passing time, you know what i mean. Or at night going to a bar, for example Gina's Tavern and flirting with Gina. I know it means more renders and much more work to do. But it's make story wider and open up the world a little more.

2. I have a suggestion about the equipment system as well. You can make preset equipment system. For example two slots for presets, instead of changing whole equipment one by one for every different mission, player can create different preset one for stealth, one for attack. So when going to a mission you can chose one of the preset equipments. It make things easier for all of us.

And lastly for my own suggestion:

** I think, books for raising stats is not immersive. Grind, Save Money, Buy Books, BAM! You raised your stealth by 5!! It might be good for the first step but after it become illogical. So it might be add more job to do for your pocket but it make game better i think: training system. One you learn basics from books, you'll start to training. In the mansion there is a training room or gym for members to use. In there different kind of workouts to raise different stats. For example box ring or punching bag for raising Attack. Physical training equimpents for defense exc. After training by yourself, a coach train with move in. New character for more branching to story as well as more work to do for You. :) I know it give you more load to your shoulder but it will make the world better.
1. Yeah, those are ofc something I am planning. But mostly later one. But I'm also going to be careful to not add stuff just to add it. Because it may hurt the overall content since I'm just one guy. I want compact stuff with quality rather than quantity with less quality.

2. Agree

3. There is going to be many training sections :) ! The books are premium items and just to help start it all off.

Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: Blayo and Kira2017
4.40 star(s) 485 Votes