The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Not used AI to generate images before ... but seems a bit slow and maybe my prompts may a bit too vague and/or risque for Daz ... :devilish:

View attachment 3507899

:unsure: and additional thought ... maybe the free account is give the AI more training ...
Should we have a separate thread to discuss and showcase Daz AI?

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I tried the AI thing once, it's not actually very good. Just stable diffusion with a LORA they trained themselves.

There is a ton of way better stuff out there if you really want, I mean just the AI threads on this site can show you how you can run this yourself locally and get the same or better results.

https://f95zone.to/threads/stable-diffusion-prompt-sharing-and-learning-thread.146036/
https://f95zone.to/threads/ai-art-show-us-your-ai-skill-no-teens.138575/

Also pretty sure people already use Daz stuff to train their own AI's, I mean I have done that.

EDIT: And this is clearly just a "me too" product by the Daz guys, they could actually be doing a ton of cool stuff with their software, even building AI into the thing in some novel way that is actually useful, but nope, they gotta do a bad midjourney clone instead. That is really quite uncreative I must say. And I can't imagine that another one of those image generators is going to be that profitable. Why would anyone use that over midjourney/chatgpt/stable diffusion?

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
LilFlame is finally fully on the Daz Store :D Already wish listed most of the clothing that was on Renderosity.

Also, it might be an 'oops' on either Daz or LilFlame, but there's a nipple on one of the items :eek: Or perhaps I just haven't noticed in any other before.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
LilFlame is finally fully on the Daz Store :D Already wish listed most of the clothing that was on Renderosity.

Also, it might be an 'oops' on either Daz or LilFlame, but there's a nipple on one of the items :eek: Or perhaps I just haven't noticed in any other before.

Damn nip slips!

Makes you wonder what Renderosity must have done to piss off a few of their asset creators. I'm sure asset creators get more traffic on Daz3D.com, but I'd hate to see Renderosity.com disappear into oblivion.

Mind you, I think that Renderosity Prime memberships are currently overpriced (I was fine with $30 before) so they need to step up their game to rekindle my interest.

I just need to remember which LilFlame items I already own through Renderosity now while scanning her Daz store page and wishlisting stuff. I have too many Daz assets at this point, which is normally a good thing, but not in this case...

Reactions: amster22

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Damn nip slips!

Makes you wonder what Renderosity must have done to piss off a few of their asset creators. I'm sure asset creators get more traffic on Daz3D.com, but I'd hate to see Renderosity.com disappear into oblivion.

Mind you, I think that Renderosity Prime memberships are currently overpriced (I was fine with $30 before) so they need to step up their game to rekindle my interest.

I just need to remember which LilFlame items I already own through Renderosity now while scanning her Daz store page and wishlisting stuff. I have too many Daz assets at this point, which is normally a good thing, but not in this case...
A damn nip slip man! Daz is getting wild! :eek:

I think Renderosity is an awful store when regarding promotions. They have a prime flash from Sveva right now where many Prime items get 60% only. And as you said, their prime membership is overpriced already.

I hope to see more vendors from there heading into the Daz Store.

And don't forget to get the free daz+ from today :oops:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Damn nip slips!

Lilflame still has 200+ assets at renderosity, but most are old and 300+ have been transferred to daz.
The prices of Lilflame assets have been increased compared to renderosity [~$15 vs ~$12] but this will be probably compensated with discounts à la daz (70%+).
We may thus expect some bargains on Lilflame items at daz, but she was one of the most important Renderosity artist and this weakening of rendo is not good news for many reasons.
  • Any decrease of competition can lead to a price increase.
  • Rendo was probably the only site that combined good quality items with sexy features. There are some artists with risqué outfits or kinky morphs at daz, but they are very few and they are generally rather prudent. The artists transferred from rendo have been seriously toned down (compare for instance Fefecoolyellow items at rendo and daz).
  • The daz policy is 100% genesis 9, while rendo has a majority of G8 even in the new items.

What is strange is that there has been some daz artists that are now publishing mostly at rendo. For instance recently Clacyarch (that is also at renderhub) and Firstbastion.

Maybe there will be another major transfer tomorrow...
Wait and see.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SvenVlad and OhWee

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Lilflame still has 200+ assets at renderosity, but most are old and 300+ have been transferred to daz.
The prices of Lilflame assets have been increased compared to renderosity [~$15 vs ~$12] but this will be probably compensated with discounts à la daz (70%+).
We may thus expect some bargains on Lilflame items at daz, but she was one of the most important Renderosity artist and this weakening of rendo is not good news for many reasons.
  • Any decrease of competition can lead to a price increase.
  • Rendo was probably the only site that combined good quality items with sexy features. There are some artists with risqué outfits or kinky morphs at daz, but they are very few and they are generally rather prudent. The artists transferred from rendo have been seriously toned down (compare for instance Fefecoolyellow items at rendo and daz).
  • The daz policy is 100% genesis 9, while rendo has a majority of G8 even in the new items.

What is strange is that there has been some daz artists that are now publishing mostly at rendo. For instance recently Clacyarch (that is also at renderhub) and Firstbastion.

Maybe there will be another major transfer tomorrow...
Wait and see.
I'm always in favor for more competition. RenderHub getting a bigger cut of the market is a good thing. But I also have to think with my pocket in mind. I'll get where is cheaper. The dollar converted to my country is 5x the price + taxes.
Rendo as a store itself is not bad, they seem to give bigger liberty to vendors than Daz, but like a said, for me, even when it's cheaper is still expensive.

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I guess my issue is that a few of the stores keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Daz3D.com staff doesn't see the value of making 'show wishlisted items only' and 'sort by % off' default functionality, or barring that, just letting the Daz Deals guys get advertising revenue for their efforts (i.e. click on a link in a Daz Deals email = Daz Deals getting a minor cut). This was how it used to be, and worked quite well. I shouldn't have to pay extra for what should be default functionality anyways.

Renderosity upping the price of Prime memberships.

I'm sure that there are other examples, but you get my point here. From my standpoint, making it easier for customers to shop for deals and get good deals increases sales volume, which means more money earned.

But I'm not a Marketing graduate, so what do I know...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if I own like 50 lilflame items from Renderosity already, so the odds I'm going to rebuy something from Daz accidentally is so high. You might think I could remember what items I already have, but I have more than 10,000 items from Daz3D alone, so no, I have no idea what I already own.

The grass is always greener...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if I own like 50 lilflame items from Renderosity already, so the odds I'm going to rebuy something from Daz accidentally is so high. You might think I could remember what items I already have, but I have more than 10,000 items from Daz3D alone, so no, I have no idea what I already own.

The grass is always greener...
I've been shopping at Daz3D.com since 2017, and am creeping up on 20,000 product packages at ths point from Daz3D.com alone.

Plus as far as Renderosity products go, I have a relatively small fraction of the Daz total, but still a significant amount. Then throw in Freedom Of Art freebies, other freebies...

I don't have a photographic memory, so I often discover stuff that I bought already that I forgot that I had fairly often actually. I just tend to grab a lot of stuff when the prices are right, on the theory that I might use it later. Of course, back in the day we had crazy March Madness sales and such where products would be as low as 25 cents or lower, and at those prices yeah the 'well I might use it someday' mentality kicked in. No regrets!

Note that I haven't jumped on the G9 bandwagon still (I have a few G9 items, but those were mostly 'prereq' purchases), and there is still a LOT of G8 stuff, and a fair amount of older stuff that I wouldn't mind having for the right price. I actually still use G2 occasionally, so for me a lot of the older stuff is still useful. It just depends on what I need at the moment for whatever thing I'm throwing together.

But then I'm not shooting for absolute best quality either. I'm just here to tell (mini) stories through my art renders, for free essentially, as this is my hobby not my job. It sure feels like a job sometimes though...

But I digress. I'm still seeing a few higher discounts leaking through on the lightning deals, which is where I've been doing most of my shopping lately. March Mehness just didn't impress me this year, and I ended up spending not very much last month, and my store credit balance is in good shape at the moment for snagging the occasional lightning deal, which I haven't needed to recharge since February.

I do get that others still need to build up their Daz libraries, so what is a 'pass' for me might actually be a pretty good deal for others all things considering. I just have what I need at the moment, and at this point it's just impulse buys for the most part.

Which is why I say "I'll leave the analyzing current deals to the professionals" so often, as some of you are more in tune with the current deal structure than I am.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I just need to remember which LilFlame items I already own through Renderosity
On your Renderosity Account/orders page there is an option to download all your orders as a CSV, This helped me workout which assets I already have.

It includes all purchases so usefull for checking the new 'Gateway' PAs as they come along

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
On your Renderosity Account/orders page there is an option to download all your orders as a CSV, This helped me workout which assets I already have.

It includes all purchases so usefull for checking the new 'Gateway' PAs as they come along
I made a libre-office function to generate a link to daz store from the rendo csv.
What you need to do:
1/ open the ods file in the enclosed zip. This is a spreadsheet with only one cell set (I1).
2/ download the csv from your account at rendo and open it
3/ copy the I1 cell in table 1 and paste it to column I in your csv
4/ now you have at column I a link that will lead you directly to the daz product page (it it exists).
The link is based on the name of the product and the conversion seems to be robust enough. I have a big bunch of Lilflame products and all the links of transferred products where correct.
This way, tt is now possible to rapidly "hide this product from listings" by clicking on the product link.

Note 1: Should also work with excel and open office, but I have no way to test it.
Note 2: Depending of your spreadsheet config, you may have to "ctrl-click" to open the link
Note 3: Untested for Fabiana, wolfie (and the next is probably Lully that has emptied her products at rendo)

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Lully is nice addition too. He/she has some amazing clothings.

Hoping Daz manages to grab Kaleya. This one is my favorite.
To be honest, I actually prefer Renderosity to Daz, their deals are straight forward and more honest, no complicated gimmicks, no big buy-ins for meagre discounts; yes, Prime is a bit more expensive but the coupons and Prime Discount are a reasonable trade-off

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
To be honest, I actually prefer Renderosity to Daz, their deals are straight forward and more honest, no complicated gimmicks, no big buy-ins for meagre discounts; yes, Prime is a bit more expensive but the coupons and Prime Discount are a reasonable trade-off
The ideal scenario should for the customer to choose where to buy. Personally, I don't like store exclusivity.
I wonder if Rhiannon will head to Daz3D too. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The ideal scenario should for the customer to choose where to buy. Personally, I don't like store exclusivity.
I wonder if Rhiannon will head to Daz3D too. :unsure:
It is very unlikely for Rhiannon. Her store is still complete and she published a new asset a couple of days ago.
It would be funny if nirvy was also transferred... I'd love to see her NSFW promo pics at daz!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SvenVlad and oaiki

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
You can just go to the daz3d store page of renderosity PAs and if you don't get "Oops", then the vendor is probably going to appear soon on daz3d:

(nothing shows up, it redirects)

EDIT: Anagord has been there for a while, but my spidey senses tell me the promo tomorrow will advertise him/her as new.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
So, Anagord is today's Gateway Artist ... a word of caution though: DAZ does not show the required products if they are not in their catalogue.

For Example: does not list that it requires which is still on Renderosity.

Although the product description text does list the requirement it is not in the 'Required Products' list; however, it is not a link

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote