The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, Anagord is today's Gateway Artist ... a word of caution though: DAZ does not show the required products if they are not in their catalogue.

For Example: does not list that it requires which is still on Renderosity.

Although the product description text does list the requirement it is not in the 'Required Products' list; however, it is not a link
Yeah, that is silly. But "renderosity" is a forbidden term at daz and posting a rendo link can almost lead to a banishment from the daz forums...

One interesting aspect is that these textures for rendo outfits are very cheap (list price $7-9, so ~$4 at 50% off), and with any Anagord item, you can get an hair asset for $1. Not a bad deal indeed, if you own the base item and are interested by the texture.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, another "70% off" sale (till Friday)
And some other 50-55% sales

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Is $18~20 in a Pro Bundle is a good deal? :unsure:
Depends.
If it is a G1-G3 bundle, no. Just wait a few weeks and you may have those for $10 or less.
If it is G8, it is a good deal, but not a very good deal. You can have G8 bundles for $10-12 from time to time, but it is rarer and you may have to wait several months.

The main problem with bundles is that you are generally only interested by a small subset of it. I would suggest to count the number of items that you really want in the bundle. Divide the bundle price by this number. If you find an item price below $2, it is a very good deal, at $3, it is a good deal, above $4, probably no.

Reactions: OhWee

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Depends on the bundle. A really recent one? Then it is quite good. Pro bundles can go lower then that though, 10$ or even $5 dollar can happen, especially the older ones.

For some reason the Daz guys decided to spoiler the next PA today, its Valkyrie.
Depends.
If it is a G1-G3 bundle, no. Just wait a few weeks and you may have those for $10 or less.
If it is G8, it is a good deal, but not a very good deal. You can have G8 bundles for $10-12 from time to time, but it is rarer and you may have to wait several months.

The main problem with bundles is that you are generally only interested by a small subset of it. I would suggest to count the number of items that you really want in the bundle. Divide the bundle price by this number. If you find an item price below $2, it is a very good deal, at $3, it is a good deal, above $4, probably no.

It's Vic 8 PB.

Guess I'll wait then. Could get Dain 8 PB for the same price, but there's way less useful assets in there.

Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
And daz really starts to be NSFW
We're watching history being made

This setting has been available for a while in , I guess it now means something; although I suspect that it will have issues because it will rely on the metadata being correct and that is an area in which Daz is very bad; evidence all the missing ReadMe, incomplete or circular product dependencies and and product updates with empty 'issues resolved' lists

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Coupon code BONUS20 gives 20% off no buy-in
There was a 30%-off-whole-cart deal in February that also applied to gift cards, but I managed to spend all that store credit I got from those during March, so once again I find myself wishing I had bought more gift cards during that deal.

Anyway, thanks for this notification, we PROBABLY won't see 30% off again until for six months or a year (if ever), so it's a good chance to recharge.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
We should see the semi-annual Daz+ sale at the end of May, for those that may not be aware of such things.

I have my doubts that it will be as good as the September-October 2023 sales were, but one can hope...

This is relevant to the gift card discussion, and is about 4-6 weeks away...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, a new coupon valid till Wednesday
Enjoy Spring savings! Regular members get 20% off orders $25+ with code BLOOM20, while PRIME members get 30% off with code BLOOM30. Coupon valid until 4/17/24, 11:59 pm CT, includes sale items.​
Seems interesting at first sight, but a minimal purchase of $25 is very high and there are presently very few sales that allow a stacking. :(

The only one that I saw concerns 65%off retiring products by JaMaRe (that is probably on the leave to daz) (till Friday)

I don't know if these products will be transferred to daz or just suppressed. If they are transferred, you must double think: 65%+coupon is ~75% that is very good for rendo, but one can expect more in a few months at daz3D...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noticed Cthulhu in the Daz shop page carousel.

This music moment brought to you by the Consortium of Genius...

• Haha
Reactions: oaiki

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I made a libre-office function to generate a link to daz store from the rendo csv.
What you need to do:
I finally downloaded my CSV so that I could try this, but apparently I've bought 5500 products on Renderosity, since the CSV has 5500 rows, and that's a little too much manual hiding to be worth it. (I have no idea how this is possible, I thought my rendo purchases were like 10% as many as Daz.)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Crystal Ball says JaMaRe is going to be the new artist on Daz tomorrow (and Tempesta).
Crystal Ball was right, once more (Too bad there is no betting website "Guess who will be tomorrow's turncoat at daz3D".)

I checked and few JaMaRe assets have been transferred to daz and none of the "retiring products". So if you are interested, you can enjoy them without qualms.

Reactions: oaiki
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote