RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
well I know its not my anti-virus as I only run defender and malwarebytes to scan files. and every other(there are alot) rpgm doesnt give me this hassle.

i gots lots of games from here and elsewhere to the sum of....
holy shit...
um, trust me, I have a lot! fuckin hell, think it might be time to start deleting old versions of games! good thing I bought that 3Tb
anywho..... i've played my fair share of stuff and bar none, this one gives me the most headache! lol

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
well I know its not my anti-virus as I only run defender and malwarebytes to scan files. and every other(there are alot) rpgm doesnt give me this hassle.

holy shit...
um, trust me, I have a lot! fuckin hell, think it might be time to start deleting old versions of games! good thing I bought that 3Tb
anywho..... i've played my fair share of stuff and bar none, this one gives me the most headache! lol
Man poor you, i wish you could play the game without problems. Its such a good game.
i know you said you can't remember the last version you tried, but do you think you have tried 11c?
Cause that dropped pretty recently, so i suggest you give that one a try. So we all know you at least tried the most recent one.
I hope you the best:happyblush

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

holy shit...
each dev uses a slightly different version of rpgm and different things are being used. lots of posibilities. if you haven't played since some of the first versions then try it again. maybe things have changed. and Yes malwarebytes and defender CAN block it and cause problems just like any other av/as program.

A programmer can use the same engine as another programmer but the code could be written with open ended variables that cause the computer to crash the program vs the other that doesn't use that. everything is quite different between people using the same engines. for instance windows 7 works well with office 2000 but windows 10 won't touch 2000 or if it does it messes up with how things are coded. now put office 2010 and both will run it just fine. it's caused by differences in programming between windows os version and the software version so if you don't try it now you won't know and you are only assuming that it won't work becuase of what happened before. i've seen the first versions of this and they were coded differently.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Well if you guys are interested in making rpgm you got on humble pack under great discount, my self prefer anything else. This game is ok, but mostly without proper guide and maps you can roaming around like crazy headless chicken.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Well if you guys are interested in making rpgm you got on humble pack under great discount, my self prefer anything else. This game is ok, but mostly without proper guide and maps you can roaming around like crazy headless chicken.

You should make a game.. i bet it would be glorious!
And i agree, by now i know the maps inside and outside but for someone trying it for the first time. Its easy to be all like.. where am i going, again? so yeah a map in the game would be pretty good.

Reactions: Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought about that but i'm not going to get into that aspect myself too much going on in my life right now. hehehe though I can see why you might not like it with a concise walk through, but the maps fortunately are not that huge and you can find places quickly the first time and they don't change on subsequent play throughs unless the coding for this changed.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
And i agree, by now i know the maps inside and outside but for someone trying it for the first time. Its easy to be all like.. where am i going, again? so yeah a map in the game would be pretty good.
I agree having in game maps would be great but i don't know how to get word to the dev to suggest it as i'm not on his/her patreon.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Yeah :)

Reactions: Darkarhon

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought about that but i'm not going to get into that aspect myself too much going on in my life right now. hehehe though I can see why you might not like it with a concise walk through, but the maps fortunately are not that huge and you can find places quickly the first time and they don't change on subsequent play throughs unless the coding for this changed.
Well yes this one got no issue for maps or College Life --> got best transport system out of all games even tho is rpgm. But for example My New Life [v1.1fixed] [Beggar of Net] in this one without guide and maps where is what you get lost so fast and mess up lots of missions in progress since they are time related.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Reactions: Darkarhon

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Well yes this one got no issue for maps or College Life --> got best transport system out of all games even tho is rpgm. But for example My New Life [v1.1fixed] [Beggar of Net] in this one without guide and maps where is what you get lost so fast and mess up lots of missions in progress since they are time related.
there are three word files for the romances, day 1 and day 2. each tell you what you need to do and how it affects things. the game will tell you did you get this done? if not it will be a failed quest. for instance the "bi-curious" quest with aurora, you need to flirt with her twice. I've only gotten one flirt in, but it doesn't fail when i move to the other town on day 3. but the modeling will fail if you have not gotten the nude photo shoot done. :)

as I said I agree it could be improved by having an ingame map to show you the whole area instead of always walking around but once you know where something is it will not change in different play throughs. I would not be upset with some sort of fast move aspect, but i like the walking around at times too :) then again i grew up with normal dnd where you had to make a map from your dm's description in order to have a map of what you've gone through. and other games where you had to explore everywhere to open up the map.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
If you find something in vault dont forget to share with rest of the mortals :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thats not my vault though..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
@Freki i Agree,though the guide for this game is not really a walkthrough. Its more of a "hint" thing to point you in a direction.

Reactions: lacikris

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
there are three word files for the romances, day 1 and day 2. each tell you what you need to do and how it affects things. the game will tell you did you get this done? if not it will be a failed quest. for instance the "bi-curious" quest with aurora, you need to flirt with her twice. I've only gotten one flirt in, but it doesn't fail when i move to the other town on day 3. but the modeling will fail if you have not gotten the nude photo shoot done. :)

as I said I agree it could be improved by having an ingame map to show you the whole area instead of always walking around but once you know where something is it will not change in different play throughs. I would not be upset with some sort of fast move aspect, but i like the walking around at times too :) then again i grew up with normal dnd where you had to make a map from your dm's description in order to have a map of what you've gone through. and other games where you had to explore everywhere to open up the map.
Yeah this round i didn't fail any quest, before did cookies from chapt 1. Yeah its true game can always improve, but at least we got some tracking system.

Well you got now lets say from incstor last one incest story 2, no proper guide (all you got is some pointers when is something happening), no maps no anything just get just dropped in lots of areas and find yourself around. So yeah after few days of running around you probably can remember what is where, but to reach there before you game up is another thing. And there are many even worst games that don't have even pointers.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
All these problems of freezing and crashing are part of the evolution of the game and we have seen them before. I remember that the transition between chapters 1 and 2 was a pain in the ass. But Nverjos was solving it and we had very stable versions 0.09 and 0.10.
Now many parts of the two chapters have been redone and it is only a matter of time when everything is optimized again, which we will surely see in the next versions.

As for the quests I find the guides included very useful and I got saves at the beginning of each day in case I lose something.

Reactions: Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Yeah this round i didn't fail any quest, before did cookies from chapt 1. Yeah its true game can always improve, but at least we got some tracking system.

Well you got now lets say from incstor last one incest story 2, no proper guide (all you got is some pointers when is something happening), no maps no anything just get just dropped in lots of areas and find yourself around. So yeah after few days of running around you probably can remember what is where, but to reach there before you game up is another thing. And there are many even worst games that don't have even pointers.
I've agreed with you about the maps there should be something else and yes we have the quest log (yea!) but my experience is different of many games. I remember when there were no quest logs in games. for instance Everquest. when it first came out you had to personally keep track of what quests you were on and where you were in the quests. now in 2009 they added a quest log (there was one implemented in Everquest 2 immediately upon launch) so i look at quest logs as a necessary evil and let me tell you it's easy to forget quests you are on. we should do a proper walk through so that you can see your choices and how it directs you, as well as what you can do as it would help us in getting all the naughty and lewd scenes out!

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
we should do a proper walk through so that you can see your choices and how it directs you, as well as what you can do as it would help us in getting all the naughty and lewd scenes out!
I'm bad at doing those things. But im sure it would be really appreciated if you or anyone els did one.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I'm bad at doing those things. But im sure it would be really appreciated if you or anyone els did one.
hmmm enginering ethics, karate, ccna cert course, RL, i barely have time to work on the walk through of Dreaming of Dana!!!! hehe

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes