VN Others Abandoned The Caretaker [v0.29] [The Circle]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Frazzanova

Jun 2, 2017
Of course, if you're so kind to tell me who's on patreon the guys that are rating a pre-alpha game, I'll be happy to tell em to VegetaSama too, you know, for banning the access to future stable and full of content updates. - Because that's the way The Circle works and judge too. - Hahah.
Releasing a 0.13 version and calling it pre-alpha, while harassing people for their legitimate criticism, plus threatening to ban people for providing such criticism based on your feeling if you find it is constructive or not... I sure hope no one donates to you for your piss poor attitude, not to mention your intellectual property theft of Dark Silver's concepts.

Reactions: Keioshin

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
to the dev .the game is buggy as hell and its shite.... don't give up your day job...but if making this game is your full time job then its ok to give it up …..

Reactions: Vertigob

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Releasing a 0.13 version and calling it pre-alpha, while harassing people for their legitimate criticism, plus threatening to ban people for providing such criticism based on your feeling if you find it is constructive or not... I sure hope no one donates to you for your piss poor attitude, not to mention your intellectual property theft of Dark Silver's concepts.
Ok, let's clarify the difference.
"You could do this thing to make the game work better" = Constructive Criticism
"The game has a bug here, did you know that? How long does it takes to be fixed?" = Polite and Elegant Constructive Criticism
"Ya game is a shit pile yo' yo' yo' I can't fap tonight" == Kiddy Hating > Piss off the developer > InstaBan.

Property theft:
Well (rotfl) someone should really take some lessons about jurisdiction and law and how do they apply:
- Different plot, different engine, different locations.
- Characters generated with a licensed framework (no copyright on the mix of assets, plus owning the license to generate the what-the-hell the dev like).

+++ Really mature attitude talking about thefting on a pirate forum without actually the knowledge of anything: Really smart. (rotfl)

About originality?
Maybe, and I'm saying maybe... could maybe be possible that who made this wanted THESE characters inside of the game instead of others? I mean, just saying.

"Releasing a 0.13 version and calling it pre-alpha".

v0.1 = First version. - v1.0 = Final version.
You can start the count and with the imagination you will be able to tell us what version the game will become less a bone-skeleton and working good.

"I sure hope no one donates to you for your piss poor attitude." - How old are you, my friend? Try working hard and getting a "your is shit" without giving any reasons, and then tell me how you will feel about that. Let's be better than that. Constructive criticism will be positive and help the development and the quality of something. Free hate will be not, and will be senseless. Giving constructive criticism is legitimate, being a keyboard-lion is not. :)

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Alright enough, take it to PM if you want to continue this. Instead of clogging up the thread with a pointless argument.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
So I assume at some point in the future cheating or NTR will take place? I can only assume Eric is coming back but is not in yet.

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
I'm confused, this game had the NTR tag so i put it in my watch list but now it's gone. Will there be NTR on this game or not?

kolomaz

Aug 9, 2017
IF there was something it may be good but now its not so make it better before releasing new version(sorry if there is some mistakes)

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Property theft:
Well (rotfl) someone should really take some lessons about jurisdiction and law and how do they apply:
- Different plot, different engine, different locations.
- Characters generated with a licensed framework (no copyright on the mix of assets, plus owning the license to generate the what-the-hell the dev like).
Any lawyer would now point to to something very very important: keep you mouth shut and let people that really know their stuff discuss things for you.

Seriously, what part of the world you live in? In my part this is a bag full of bull.

So taking your nice example and look at something similar like a song/painting/book/whatever.
Two artists buy their tools, be it a typewriter, license to some wordprocessor, paint, musical instrument... The first one creates something new, with his/her own mind. The second one sees it/listens to it/reads it and uses his/her own tools to create the same... and then you say that is legit?

Kids, please go play in your own schoolyard again...

Reactions: Keioshin

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Any lawyer would now point to to something very very important: keep you mouth shut and let people that really know their stuff discuss things for you.

Seriously, what part of the world you live in? In my part this is a bag full of bull.

So taking your nice example and look at something similar like a song/painting/book/whatever.
Two artists buy their tools, be it a typewriter, license to some wordprocessor, paint, musical instrument... The first one creates something new, with his/her own mind. The second one sees it/listens to it/reads it and uses his/her own tools to create the same... and then you say that is legit?

Kids, please go play in your own schoolyard again...
Exactly you said "to create the same". That's not the same.

I suggest you to read the full page you linked me: "Intellectual property rights include patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks, plant variety rights, trade dress, geographical indications, and in some jurisdictions trade secrets."
While reading this now with my brother (he's a lawyer), he's laughing out loud.

However there are many games out there that takes back the ORIGINAL story of BB, and came out as "spin-off". But nobody's actually pointing the fingers there.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Exactly you said "to create the same". That's not the same.

I suggest you to read the full page you linked me: "Intellectual property rights include patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks, plant variety rights, trade dress, geographical indications, and in some jurisdictions trade secrets."
While reading this now with my brother (he's a lawyer), he's laughing out loud.

However there are many games out there that takes back the ORIGINAL story of BB, and came out as "spin-off". But nobody's actually pointing the fingers there.
there are no property rights using models that anyone can buy except to the owners who actually created the models, be it daz or honey select.
also just because someone is a lawyer does not make them know patent/copyright/trademark laws, they have to specifically train for that.. it's like trying to use a civil law lawyer to make a criminal investigation go away while screaming no collusion... wrong type of lawyer he hasn't a clue what is even going on cuz it's so far out of his field. personally i'd never use a criminal law lawyer to draw up a corporate charter, nor a civil law lawyer to represent me in a criminal case... remember the first lesson of law school, he who represents himself in court has a fool for a client, choosing the wrong type of lawyer is just as bad...

Reactions: Kravenar Games

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Models, see my first post. I did not see any reason to test your game reading the reviews and reactions (of both devs and testers).

I remember the days when I was teaching students how to read and interpret texts...

To staff: last one from me, no use really.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Me too and I have the mac version.
No one is evnn bothering to answer in this regard. Disgusting. It seems no one is concerned about our problem. Not even a reply as "Ok. I'll look into it." Saddened by this attitude of the developers.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes