Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
The reviews of this game, which all seemed pleased but almost all brought up something I have heard from about 4 different games recently. "I hate Honey Select, but this game is good". I do not know much about much, but this trend makes me wonder if perhaps - people hate that HS has been used for a bunch of lazy cash-grabs, but that there is nothing inherently wrong with HS at all. It seems to me, every time someone who really is trying to do something special uses HS, everyone says the same thing.
I do not like 99% of TV shows, but I do not throw my TV out the window simply because "American Idol" exists. I just look for those very few quality shows, and hope one day they make more "Firefly".
The problem with a lot of HS games is that the dev's don't make the effort to make the characters look good. Dr. Vibes is a good example that shows that you can make the HS characters look good. There are also some others out there who put in a good amount of effort into the appearence of their characters but i won't say names now.

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
Cant get the "Buy a DSLR camera" and "Wait for Cara to come home late" to work..I've bought the camera but not sure what to do now?

Edit: I've done the Quinn dorm event so its not that.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
The problem with a lot of HS games is that the dev's don't make the effort to make the characters look good. Dr. Vibes is a good example that shows that you can make the HS characters look good. There are also some others out there who put in a good amount of effort into the appearence of their characters but i won't say names now.
Sure, and I think that goes to what Dripping was saying - HS is more user friendly. That being the case, those people who want to do a game more quickly or easily, will be more likely to utilize the system that is easiest for them to use, I would think. If someone wanted to learn to play a song as quickly as possible, they would grab a harmonica rather than a violin. Sure, you can do a lot more with that violin, but not in a day.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Sure, and I think that goes to what Dripping was saying - HS is more user friendly. That being the case, those people who want to do a game more quickly or easily, will be more likely to utilize the system that is easiest for them to use, I would think. If someone wanted to learn to play a song as quickly as possible, they would grab a harmonica rather than a violin. Sure, you can do a lot more with that violin, but not in a day.
True, HS is easier to handle and from what i've been told its also not hard to work on making characters look good. Some people are still learning, you can see that in their work, but some are straight up to lazy to change anything on the standard characters, just like in DAZ too.

But i think this topic is nothing what we should discuss further in a game thread.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Cant get the "Buy a DSLR camera" and "Wait for Cara to come home late" to work..I've bought the camera but not sure what to do now?

Edit: I've done the Quinn dorm event so its not that.
Once you've bought the camera there should be a Phone icon (event button, not the regular phone button) that pops up during the night timeslot allowing you to text Lucie and start the photoshoot prelim (shopping for bikinis), the phone icon should show up at any location. Once the shopping event is done the main photoshoot event will become available after 2 days.
If this is not the case please send me your save file and I'll take a look.

The Cara coming home late event is gated to completing the photoshoot.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
The same is happing with me, here is the log:

OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2
**ERROR**: Method/Function Failed, returning: ERR_CANT_OPEN
At: platform/windows/os_windows.cpp:2082:eek:pen_dynamic_library() - Method/Function Failed, returning: ERR_CANT_OPEN
**ERROR**: No valid library handle, can't get symbol from GDNative object
At: modules/gdnative/gdnative.cpp:488:get_symbol() - No valid library handle, can't get symbol from GDNative object
**ERROR**: No nativescript_init in "res://lib/gdsqlite/gdsqlite.32.dll" found
At: modules/gdnative/nativescript/nativescript.cpp:1501:init_library() - No nativescript_init in "res://lib/gdsqlite/gdsqlite.32.dll" found
**WARNING**: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
At: drivers/png/image_loader_png.cpp:71:_png_warn_function() - iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Running Windows 10 Compilation 1809
Please confirm that you have a file gdsqlite.32.dll in your game directory. I get the same error if I delete this file so my guess is your antivirus has quarantined it not having recognised it. You may need to white list this file in your antivirus.

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
Once you've bought the camera there should be a Phone icon (event button, not the regular phone button) that pops up during the night timeslot allowing you to text Lucie and start the photoshoot prelim (shopping for bikinis), the phone icon should show up at any location. Once the shopping event is done the main photoshoot event will become available after 2 days.
If this is not the case please send me your save file and I'll take a look.

The Cara coming home late event is gated to completing the photoshoot.
Thanks that worked.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Hmm I failed to get Helena happy after seven days. Try again I guess. Not sure where I missed opportunities to get + from her.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Hmm I failed to get Helena happy after seven days. Try again I guess. Not sure where I missed opportunities to get + from her.
Well failed again.. went back a save and used the cheat to give myself one more affection with helena to 8 and still not enough.. so raised it to 9 and still fail. I must be missing some chances. I worked for only 3 days to get the 150 or so for rent but need a wt or something I guess.

deathspawn246

Aug 4, 2017
Well failed again.. went back a save and used the cheat to give myself one more affection with helena to 8 and still not enough.. so raised it to 9 and still fail. I must be missing some chances. I worked for only 3 days to get the 150 or so for rent but need a wt or something I guess.
The way I remember to get points with her is to help her with the dishes after dinner, watch tv with her in the evening and answer the questions correctly, and when she is lounging by the pool you offer to clean the pool.

DrVibes

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2018
Hmmm, you only need 5 affection. The check for this runs at dinner with Helana and co. If you're not at home for dinner once you've got 5 affection until Monday night you'll miss the check. I'd guess this is what's happening to you. I'll need to fix this one way or another. I hope that helps you.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks to an update to the database plugin I think we might have a working Mac version now:
Please let me know if this works!
Just tested the Mac version and it launched and started playing with no problem at all... but I will let you know if I see any problems while playing, but so far so good! Thanks DrVibes !

Reactions: DrVibes

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Hmmm, you only need 5 affection. The check for this runs at dinner with Helana and co. If you're not at home for dinner once you've got 5 affection until Monday night you'll miss the check. I'd guess this is what's happening to you. I'll need to fix this one way or another. I hope that helps you.
ok that is odd then. I was getting Helena to 7 easy enough and quinn to 4-5 depending.. but failed each time. So guess I will have to wait for next update or something.. gave up. Oh and didnt try the cheat option til I failed 3 times. So no clue what I did.

warbandit18

Aug 31, 2017
The option to do chrinstinas and lucies photoshoot doesnt appear?

EDIT: somehow its in my gallery but the task isnt completed and the photos are not on the website.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 78 Votes