Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Dongness

Aug 17, 2017
TL:DR : This developer makes 5k $ a month and he is just a liar with no remorse.

I like how the developer is saying that this game is his main source of income and all the time he's like "Yes I didn't sleep all night; Yes I will probably not sleep all night to get the game ready" (And people are actually buying it when he says it) . He couldn't get the game updated for a period of at least 5 months; at least 5 months?! (And the game is still not updated) And he makes 5k a month from his patrons! So he is either a big liar either time flies different for him since he can't give proper ETA's (He said it himself " I won't go to sleep until the game is updated") Well the game still hasn't been updated so he went to sleep or he never sleeps?!

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
TL:DR : This developer makes 5k $ a month and he is just a liar with no remorse.

I like how the developer is saying that this game is his main source of income and all the time he's like "Yes I didn't sleep all night; Yes I will probably not sleep all night to get the game ready" (And people are actually buying it when he says it) . He couldn't get the game updated for a period of at least 5 months; at least 5 months?! (And the game is still not updated) And he makes 5k a month from his patrons! So he is either a big liar either time flies different for him since he can't give proper ETA's (He said it himself " I won't go to sleep until the game is updated") Well the game still hasn't been updated so he went to sleep or he never sleeps?!
If you think he's milking people, you should go see redamz who's doing one month a year MGI lul

U

User_215882

Man some of yall need some hobbies other than jacking off and complaining. Might I suggest lifting? Get buff to get butt (guys or gals Im not judging).

Reactions: Echo_7
L

Lenor

If you think he's milking people, you should go see redamz who's doing one month a year MGI lul
That's advanced milking, deem is taking a few classes at the moment which is also the reason why he doesn't have time to work on the game.

Reactions: Zioner35

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018

In other words, you're spouting off treating your assumptions as fact without reading this thread during the relevant time period to learn the facts.

richld901

Sep 3, 2016
The fact is..... making a game is hard hard..... Yes some may "milk it" but most want to get the game out.... but real life sometimes gets in the way.... so unless you go take some programming class and offer to help him out..... out of the goodness of you heart please back off.... Most ppl can only take some much neg... comments before say it's not worth this, and we'll all be out another game developer.. I just like the ones that are at least telling you what is happening. and yes Most of them over promise and under deliver as they are learning what they can and cannot do as a developer. So to end this play the game say thanks or go make our own game..... and how much did it cost you to play this game???? do you have cash in this??? I'm think you do not otherwise you would not be on this site.

Reactions: DA22 and CSNRC

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
The fact is..... making a game is hard hard..... Yes some may "milk it" but most want to get the game out.... but real life sometimes gets in the way.... so unless you go take some programming class and offer to help him out..... out of the goodness of you heart please back off.... Most ppl can only take some much neg... comments before say it's not worth this, and we'll all be out another game developer.. I just like the ones that are at least telling you what is happening. and yes Most of them over promise and under deliver as they are learning what they can and cannot do as a developer. So to end this play the game say thanks or go make our own game..... and how much did it cost you to play this game???? do you have cash in this??? I'm think you do not otherwise you would not be on this site.
Well, i'm totaly on the dev sides, except for some, I know they want the game out, but I can understand people being tired of false promesses, saying update will be out at x date, then realize you can't, is not something to be ashamed off, it can happened, everyone can understand it, but doing it alot of times in a row just seems like false promess to make sure people stay hooked, and it can be really frustrating.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Well, i'm totaly on the dev sides, except for some, I know they want the game out, but I can understand people being tired of false promesses, saying update will be out at x date, then realize you can't, is not something to be ashamed off, it can happened, everyone can understand it, but doing it alot of times in a row just seems like false promess to make sure people stay hooked, and it can be really frustrating.
Except it's been 4mos with the promised release each mo since Nov.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i suspected the actual release was more or less going to be the end of the month, so deem should have just targeted around that time frame instead of promising one last Friday. i also understand that given some of the draconian measures in place from Patreon, deem had to overhaul his game (just look what happened to BB and DMD when they tried to skirt the issue instead of completely changing their game).

like they always say at the workplace, underpromise and overdeliver. the HL3 tag would have been better suited for 2.1 or later (as someone mentioned already).

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
My read on the situation is that Deem's been having a months long anxiety freakout. He wants to make everything perfect because he perceives this as a test of whether or not the project is really going to sustain him for now (he's probably correct in that). So he's at the point where he's hunting down single pixels to rerender entire scenes for. Freaking the fuck out about the tiniest of details.

I've been there. My partner's been there. I live in the world of comics and publishing and I've seen it there more times than I can count.

In my experience the only way out is through. Know when you have to say "good enough". Eat a bunch of laxatives and crawl onto the toilet. Sure, when you wake up in two days there will be shit on the ceiling but you can clean that up later.

And take some time for self care. Get some proper sleep. Get drunk, get high, have some chill hangs, get laid. Whatever you gotta do to keep your head on straight.

Hopefully after the release and some self care Deem can deal better.

Reactions: PharahBackside
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes