Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

thjis1

Formerly 'curtis castart'
Apr 2, 2017
Going to hit this again. Big with pills made it close to worthless for a play through. Does have potential
Feel bad for mc wife is a tool, wonder if we will get any explanation as game matures

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
the girl on the pink bed looks like victoria beckham

Yeah but the sis and mom both are off by just enough to drop them from an 8-9 like VB to a 6-7 and look like they both had a bad cleft repair surgery.

I think their cheek bones aren't pronounced enough, or the length between the bottom of the nose to the upper lip is a tad too long, but it's out of symmetry.

I wish all of these 3D game designers used this page...

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Interesting so far, but not worth playing at this point.
There's only 3 scenes and about 5-10 minutes of playtime.

Will keep an eye on this one and check back after a few updates. more of a 0.01 than a 1.03 atm for sure.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Added the link and fixed OP...

Apr 5, 2017
nothing happens when I double click tp.exe (no error message, no window pop up, nothing)
anyone know what's going on?

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Only changes from 1.03 to 1.04 is adding another fugly female to the cast, as the formerly pixelated student. I know there are a lot of games using the standard models and looks, but as bad as these look it's like the dev used some old rubber puppets as a reference. I'd rate all the women as 5's or 6's on a 10 point scale, with the exception of the daughter and the smart class president chick both are in the 7ish, daughter low end, smart student mid range.

If this isn't meant as an homage to this show, or fugly rubber puppets (maybe it's a satire on the entire genre of the game?) then the game is in serious trouble.

Source of rubber puppets:

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
This game is awesome, I just started it and it's funny as fuck. Models could use some work but I am sure the dev will get there.

Reactions: Stubble Lady

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Only changes from 1.03 to 1.04 is adding another fugly female to the cast, as the formerly pixelated student. I know there are a lot of games using the standard models and looks, but as bad as these look it's like the dev used some old rubber puppets as a reference. I'd rate all the women as 5's or 6's on a 10 point scale, with the exception of the daughter and the smart class president chick both are in the 7ish, daughter low end, smart student mid range.

If this isn't meant as an homage to this show, or fugly rubber puppets (maybe it's a satire on the entire genre of the game?) then the game is in serious trouble.

Source of rubber puppets:
Fugly rubber puppets rank 5-6 of 10 on your scale?

This is absolutely the most frustrating part of making this game, even more so because I never thought it would be a problem.

When I first started I rather naively though "well, why does every character have to be hot? I'm going to make a lot of relatively average-looking, context-appropriate characters." I quickly learned that doesn't work.

Then I moved on to more stylized characters that didn't necessarily look like actual human beings that would inhabit planet earth but I thought they had a certain exaggerated charm. That really didn't work.

So now I'm at more traditional DAZ figures but I'm open to change. Funny you should say that Sara is one of the better ones as she is easily the furthest removed from her base character whereas the "fugly" new character is so close to stock that you probably couldn't tell the difference in many shots.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that sometimes I don't know what to do with the different feedback I get. Most of the unsolicited feedback I get personally that is directed at specific characters is positive(e.g. "I love X, she's so hot") but, obviously, that sample has a huge selection bias. I guess this kind of content really draws out extreme opinions on both sides--when you're in the middle of it, it can be really unsettling.

Anyway, improving the girls is definitely something that's on my radar. Right now all my rendering time is going to new content but once I get a second system set up I'll start redoing some of the old stuff with character tweaks. If anyone has any specific suggestions let me know.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
@irredeemable liked your game. Writing is solid, I was laughing so hard when I played it last night. Playing as the dad is a nice change of pace. I enjoyed that there was so much randomness to the game, like getting drunk in your daughters room leads to a pretty funny exchange, or the thermostat. It's little quirks that people tend to remember the most. Models are obvious, they could use some work (don't be mass effect andromeda, it's a train wreck and you should never touch it). I give it an A- (with smoothed up renders it could be an A++), kudos for not using stock daz shit.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@irredeemable liked your game. Writing is solid, I was laughing so hard when I played it last night. Playing as the dad is a nice change of pace. I enjoyed that there was so much randomness to the game, like getting drunk in your daughters room leads to a pretty funny exchange, or the thermostat. It's little quirks that people tend to remember the most. Models are obvious, they could use some work (don't be mass effect andromeda, it's a train wreck and you should never touch it). I give it an A- (with smoothed up renders it could be an A++), kudos for not using stock daz shit.
@irredeemable I'm on the same train with Adorinfag. It's a great game so far. I'm an old guard videogamer and graphic is not my priority in a game, beside yours is fine. Obviously it could be improved, but IMHO contents and gameplay should always be THE priority. I'm actually only waiting for the next release. If I see a fair amount of new gameplay/improvements, you will have my money. Thumbs up here :).

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes