Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Reading this last few pages...Going out on streets, starting riots, fighting police forces, than after they're defeated move on to squash army as well, torching down few government buildings and starting damn revolution ! - that's image I got in my head when I thought what would be if something real (for example paycheck) would arrive day or two later than scheduled.:test2:

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
Easiest 9-10K dosh in his life.
According to my math (from totalling his patrons and their patronage levels), Patreon is billing on his behalf to the tune of $4296 a month, of which Patreon keeps $644 (5% of each pledge, which works out to 15% of his total), Paypal and the other payment processors will take another 5-15%, and his bank will take some undisclosed amount, but let's call it 1% for giggles. All of that totalled together means that Patreon bills for $4296 and 'Deem will get to take home roughly $3000.

I make more than that in one paycheck every other week - I know 'Deem lives in a reasonably affordable part of the country, but even still, he'd be barely making his mortgage with that kind of money if TP is his "day job".

Reactions: jackkane

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
@lapdragon Im really happy that you make six figures salary or whatever,my point is the amount of dosh he made in this last 3 months is easiest money he ever made.Good for him.
You should a bit logical thinking into your and view this complete from a neutral point of view (at least for a moment). While you are right and this was easy money for him. But what do you think is better: The short term money (appr. 9-15k) during these three months or on the long term when he delivers the update?

Judging from this thread only (don't know his patreons) if he doesn't deliver people are done with him. That also means that he'll have a massive loss (patreons and money). I think I've read that he has lost quite a few during the last months. If his reputation and patreon base is destroyed it will be quite hard to come back to this point (I think it will be impossible) and building a new base under a new name and game (it isn't an accusation) is quite hard too.

I think the value of the long term money is new clearly visible and in the end it will hurt him more if he doesn't deliver (reputation, patreon base/money). 9-15k income in three month are nothing compared what he can get when he updates his game.

While I can understand the frustation that he didn't deliver the update till end of december (like it was said) and I don't understand the ranting about it. If someone didn't subscribed him through patreon.... then there is no loss for this person. Move on and play another game. It's that simple.

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
@lapdragon Im really happy that you make six figures salary or whatever,my point is the amount of dosh he made in this last 3 months is easiest money he ever made.Good for him.
LOL, I don't even come close to making six figures - I'm just a regular tech support dude, but even that pays around 6k a month gross, and he's only making half that from his Patreon. My point is that if you think he's making "easy money" by spending nearly every non-work, non-sleep moment of his day for the past two and a half months trying to fix what Patreon fucked up with their rules change, then you've got another think coming.

I honestly don't know what 'Deem does for a living, but if he's anything like the rest of us, he works 9-10 hours a day and then spends a couple hours commuting (and I know what part of the country he lives in - nothing is nearby to anything at all), and I know he does manage to get a couple hours a week of "social time" in, because he plays trivia with his buds. Those of us that hang out in his Discord channel haven't seen very much of him lately, because he's busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kickin' contest, and we know that he's working because he actually communicates with us about it.

Cut the dude some slack, let him get some sleep (which he's not gotten much of in the past week, because he's been flat out on the game), and throw his Patreon a buck so that you can join his discord and maybe help with the game rewrite.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
LOL, I don't even come close to making six figures - I'm just a regular tech support dude, but even that pays around 6k a month gross, and he's only making half that from his Patreon. My point is that if you think he's making "easy money" by spending nearly every non-work, non-sleep moment of his day for the past two and a half months trying to fix what Patreon fucked up with their rules change, then you've got another think coming.

I honestly don't know what 'Deem does for a living, but if he's anything like the rest of us, he works 9-10 hours a day and then spends a couple hours commuting (and I know what part of the country he lives in - nothing is nearby to anything at all), and I know he does manage to get a couple hours a week of "social time" in, because he plays trivia with his buds. Those of us that hang out in his Discord channel haven't seen very much of him lately, because he's busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kickin' contest, and we know that he's working because he actually communicates with us about it.

Cut the dude some slack, let him get some sleep (which he's not gotten much of in the past week, because he's been flat out on the game), and throw his Patreon a buck so that you can join his discord and maybe help with the game rewrite.
Regular tech support dude...6k a month (aka 72k annual). I don't know what world you live in or the definition of "regular" in that world, but it certainly sounds like a dream world.

Personal income is an individual's total earnings from wages, investment interest, and other sources. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a median personal income of $865 weekly for all full-time workers in 2017. The U.S Bureau of the Census has the annual real median personal income at $31,099 in 2016.
How much does a Technical Support Representative I make? The median annual Technical Support Representative I salary is $34,406, as of November 28, 2017, with a range usually between $29,666-$43,291, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors. Our team of Certified Compensation Professionals has analyzed survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at companies of all sizes and industries to present this range of annual salaries for people with the job title Technical Support Representative I in the United States.
How much does a Technical Support Representative III make? The median annual Technical Support Representative III salary is $50,887, as of November 28, 2017, with a range usually between $46,441-$62,448, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors. Our team of Certified Compensation Professionals has analyzed survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at companies of all sizes and industries to present this range of annual salaries for people with the job title Technical Support Representative III in the United States.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Thats for the pre-alpha release. Depending on how buggy it is, expect it to be at least a few days.
If we get enough volunteers on discord we should be able to get it tested and moved to alpha quickly then released. If we have enough people we should hopefully get a full release tmoz sometime. Thats the aim anyway

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
If we get enough volunteers on discord we should be able to get it tested and moved to alpha quickly then released. If we have enough people we should hopefully get a full release tmoz sometime. Thats the aim anyway
release it here...i know a lot of the people here would love to just bombard the developers with tons of bugs. summertime saga always gets a ton from us.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
release it here...i know a lot of the people here would love to just bombard the developers with tons of bugs. summertime saga always gets a ton from us.
We dont post test builds here. Mainly due to abuse, complaints and thread blowing up

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
We dont post test builds here. Mainly due to abuse, complaints and thread blowing up
shrug, i'm sure everyone would love to input on things like that. if you feel like once it lands here it goes too far public i understand. but i feel like a lot of people here like to break games and test variables. i know i do.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone verified that patreon is actually down?
YES. Every page I have marked was down for Maintenance last night. Now it seems that posts are VERY slow to load (or don't show up at all). Hopefully the issues there will be fixed soon or not cause issues with the release of several games coming out in the next few days.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes