• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

petamboo

Sep 12, 2017
this developer reminds me of GRRM

Patreon is out to get me....
(fuck..... this is a hard sell.... I know.... I'll say I got a weird patreon staff member.... different from the others. Haha, I bet they believe it.)
sorry guys! Next update delayed, my imaginary friend hacked my new website account!
(holy shit, now I have to makeup a plausible story of being hacked)
I know it never happens to anyone else, but it happened to me!
(haha, these losers believe anything)

1.7 coming soon guys!

(I'm tired, gonna have a nap)

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
this developer reminds me of GRRM

Patreon is out to get me....
(fuck..... this is a hard sell.... I know.... I'll say I got a weird patreon staff member.... different from the others. Haha, I bet they believe it.)
sorry guys! Next update delayed, my imaginary friend hacked my new website account!
(holy shit, now I have to makeup a plausible story of being hacked)
I know it never happens to anyone else, but it happened to me!
(haha, these losers believe anything)

1.7 coming soon guys!

(I'm tired, gonna have a nap)
He actually shared a lot of screenshots/mails in stead of just saying stuff. Plus he never mentioned a release date to begin with. You're just acting like an asshole.

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
I might've missed this.
Just click on @irredeemable 's profile and view his posts. You'll get your screenshots and ample proof that he's not full of shit. Also, ask yourself this question: What does a popular and successful game dev stand to gain by lying to his (moral) supporters and fans on a forum that shares his wares for free? We aren't his revenue stream, so why would he go to the trouble of fabricating a story and feeding it to us? We provide feedback and encouragement, but most of us are not patrons.

L

Lenor

Just click on @irredeemable 's profile and view his posts. You'll get your screenshots and ample proof that he's not full of shit. Also, ask yourself this question: What does a popular and successful game dev stand to gain by lying to his (moral) supporters and fans on a forum that shares his wares for free? We aren't his revenue stream, so why would he go to the trouble of fabricating a story and feeding it to us? We provide feedback and encouragement, but most of us are not patrons.
The same story was also shared on patreon though. I don't know about you but a month paid vacation sounds like a pretty good reason to me.

Also, I was referring to screenshots for the hacker part.

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
The same story was also shared on patreon though. I don't know about you but a month paid vacation sounds like a pretty good reason to me.

Also, I was referring to screenshots for the hacker part.
Enjoy being cynical and entitled to something you don't pay for. I'll enjoy the game when it arrives and praise @irredeemable for sticking with it and putting up with folks like you!

Reactions: Wyrme and jonrage39

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Don't start this whole "He's got problems", "No, he's just milking/ripping people off" discussion over again, we had this I think at least twice by now and it never brought anything positive. If you decide to believe in him and his work, just do so. If you distrust him and the whole story even just a little bit, you're free to do that as well and honestly you should. Not Irredeemable in particular, but people on the internet in general. As for now and this case he provided some information about what happened and it's up to you to either believe it or not believe it, but arguing doesn't get anyone anywhere.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
at deems didn't disappear for about one year and claimed to have been in a coma for a year like wootch did.

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
I love it... people always ranting and complaining without thinking a lil bit farther...

So let's assume Deem does this on purpose (only a assumption not a insinuation) <--- so don't get it the wrong way! What could he gain from that? First: The patreon purge is real and there is nothing say against that.

The possibility: The hacker is not real, and he can get more money from his patreons for doing nothing/delaying the next update. Sounds great but there is big downside.
At the moment he get 3,8k per month from his patreon (don't know if this is before or after patreons fee/part). So he get this money for a few more months, but than: The patreons will leave and his income will drop. Even if he release the update, people with decide after that if they will continue or drop the support (Quality/Content of the Update).

Conclusion: So either way... in the end he will loose money, his reputation (update schedule, quality of the content) and it will never get back to what is it at the moment. So there is more loose than gain from lying/doing the hacker thing in the long rong. So would the be worth the effort? I think not.

This conclusion is quite simple and easy to get, because that is how the world works. If you do something "bad" to gain money, and it get's out (believe me: with time it will) you're quite f**** if you're not rich.

~Nos

PS: Please... before you post.. turn your brain on and think a little bit for posting -.-

L

Lenor

Enjoy being cynical and entitled to something you don't pay for. I'll enjoy the game when it arrives and praise @irredeemable for sticking with it and putting up with folks like you!
Not cynical, you asked me a question and I gave you an answer. If you don't want me to answer then don't ask questions next time.

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
Not cynical, you asked me a question and I gave you an answer. If you don't want me to answer then don't ask questions next time.
Sorry, but with your answer before, it seems that you only try to provoke people... It easy to see which side you had taken. You know exactly what you did. So just stop it and don't hide behind: You ask I answer...

And before you ask: I view this complete discussion from a neutral position. We are on the internet, so everyone could write anything and claim it to be true. But since we can't check Deem's posts on their truth conent, we must look at his shared information and make our own opinion. And since he posted so much and with such a frequence I'm led to believe, that what he has written is true.

But please: Tell me now that the patreon purge was only a big hoax by the incest/blackmail/drug/mind control/drunk/trainer/corruption game developers to cash more money...

Reactions: vir_cotto

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Looking forward to the new update. A lot will be changed since mind control will be removed if I understood correctly.
I actually started over with a "No Mind Control" path last night, and I gotta say, Deem has had his work cut out for him in this no-incest/no-mind-control rewrite! I've tried to be virtuous and not use the console for anything other than restocking with alcopop for Kait and keeping my Depravity below 50 for showers with D, and it gets boring pretty quick when you can't do the most satisfying achievements... by my count, those are numbers 5, 9, 10, 14, 15, 26 and 28. No MC sex with wifey (meh); no flashing/fondling of Meg; no flashing/fondling of Sara; no playtime on the couch with D while watching the movie; no catching/listening to D masturbating while movie is paused; no modeling of her new clothes by D (which also means you never have to repair the toilet - boohoo). That pretty severely limits your ability to increase corruption of everyone except D, who you can increase corruption of with daily showers. Ability to increase control is straight-up eliminated without the pills. It will very interesting to see what Deem has for us in the revamped version of the game! I have faith in him! He's kept it humorous and entertaining so far, while still managing to tell a bit of a story with actual character development, so I'm confident he'll have something good for us in spite of these required changes! I just want lots of Meg content, and I don't care about much else!!!

Reactions: Arcane666 and Lenor

Clyde Glavine

Aug 14, 2017
Some Renpy games have an option to "rewind" and undo actions by scrolling up with the mouse. Would it be feasible to implement it here? It's annoying that a single misclick can ruin a whole playthrough.

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
I coulda sworn that Deem had that activated already. If not, search for unren.bat (it's in the mod section). Place it in the root folder of the game (where TP.exe is), run it and select the option for rollback. It will make rolling back available for ya.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes