• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
In my eyes the game was not or never completed the producer lost the desire to produce the game further and make a cut (for me that is not the same as when a game is really completed).

I introduce the game to others 4 Dec 2012 in another forum and I was aso one from them that played the game. The thread "opener" was changed then to the producer orginal it was from me (that he can update the thread).

Why the game is not completed in my eyes because they are a lot of possibilities that never told to the end. Aso some stats have not so much story to other and so on.

I have had much fun with the game and unfortunately I must see years ago that the producer lost the desire to produce the game further.

So when you search for a game that makes fun you are here right. When you search for a game that is really completed I would say then you are by the wrong game.
My game does have an ending, though. I flip-flopped between trying to make 1 huge game or splitting it in 2. With the way RAGS works, making it much bigger didn't make sense, so I went the route of having a sequel. I think the end of this story arc was a sensible way to close the game (although if I could go back, I'd probably re-write the final antagonist's encounter, and some things about him).

My next game is going to be TOTDC 2, so the story will continue, hopefully you'll find some closure, if you give it a try.

Is HTML version fully updated? or only has content until 0.7?
The HTML version and the RAGS version are equal in content.

I can only chose either S or N, not anything else. not sure what's the problem, lol
What version did you download? Which browser are you using?

Any chance for updated walkthrough link pls?
There is an update to the walkthrough in the works, but it's going to take a long time before it's finished. The old one (archived here):

Is more complete than the version number would imply, and it's still the best one out there.

vazkombarov

Nov 30, 2017
What version did you download? Which browser are you using?
I also have the same problem when using html (tried on both safari and chrome). In addition, there is a similar issue during the robot quest, the one you receive in the docks by arguing dudes. I cannot get out when I get to the crate place, and also it seems that I cannot engage in combat with this robot

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I can only chose either S or N, not anything else. not sure what's the problem, lol

I also have the same problem when using html (tried on both safari and chrome). In addition, there is a similar issue during the robot quest, the one you receive in the docks by arguing dudes. I cannot get out when I get to the crate place, and also it seems that I cannot engage in combat with this robot
Tried it just now, and the maze seems to work just fine using Firefox and Chrome. Did you try right-clicking on the room picture (the small one to the left)? That should give you an exit after the robot fight and on the 60th floor allows you to pick your approach on how to navigate the floor (these can vary depending on your traits).

The easiest trait for the 60th floor is perceptive, as you can examine the room and each time it tells which exit to take.

Reactions: Alexander Krisnov

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
Oh shit, a legendary game, probably the first of its kind I played years and years (7+?) ago.
I too wasn't aware this game had an ending, lol

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Is it more the fantasy setting? After all, mind control is a big theme in TOTDC as well.
Nah, both are not my cup of tea and I enjoyed both up to MC part :p But both of them are good games so nothing I can really complain about.

Reactions: mdqp

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Oh shit, a legendary game, probably the first of its kind I played years and years (7+?) ago.
I too wasn't aware this game had an ending, lol
Time to re-live the past and get that ending. I mean, if you dare: RAGS games haven't exactly aged well, and the HTML conversion is a 1:1 copy in almost all aspects. :ROFLMAO:
I think it can still be fun, but I like this type of games as I always did, and that might be a bit rare nowadays.

On the plus side, TOTDC 2 will use Ren'Py, so the UI/UX is much better already, even if the prototype isn't public yet.

Reactions: Back

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
Time to re-live the past and get that ending. I mean, if you dare: RAGS games haven't exactly aged well, and the HTML conversion is a 1:1 copy in almost all aspects. :ROFLMAO:
I think it can still be fun, but I like this type of games as I always did, and that might be a bit rare nowadays.

On the plus side, TOTDC 2 will use Ren'Py, so the UI/UX is much better already, even if the prototype isn't public yet.
O interesting, I thought about replaying it a couple of months ago, but I didn't want to go through installing RAGS again.
Will you be splitting your time between totdc2 and caliross or is it after you've finished it?

Terry

Nov 14, 2016
New update (last update?). Changelog (other than typos):
  • Fixed freeze when using "(smart) See if you can bug its logic with a paradox" against the beam turret in the final mission; (HTML-only)
  • Fixed possible crash at the end after exporting the game; (HTML-only)
  • Fixed list of choices becoming unclickable when too many elements are included (usually when listing a lot of items in the inventory); (HTML-only)
Rags version:

Mega

HTML version:

Mega
Hey, thank you alot! I'v been a long time fan of this game since I discovered the hypnopics-collective years ago. I stopped keeping up to date with the game over time but it always struck me as one of my all time favorites. Thank you for the continuous updates and finally an ending. I can't wait to see where the story is going to go.

vazkombarov

Nov 30, 2017
Tried it just now, and the maze seems to work just fine using Firefox and Chrome. Did you try right-clicking on the room picture (the small one to the left)? That should give you an exit after the robot fight and on the 60th floor allows you to pick your approach on how to navigate the floor (these can vary depending on your traits).

The easiest trait for the 60th floor is perceptive, as you can examine the room and each time it tells which exit to take.
ah yes, thanks! Didn't know that I had to click on the image

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Wow played that ages ago.
At least 6 years, if you played the 1.0 release back then.

O interesting, I thought about replaying it a couple of months ago, but I didn't want to go through installing RAGS again.
Will you be splitting your time between totdc2 and caliross or is it after you've finished it?
I'll discuss this with my patrons in the coming months, to see what's the best approach. Personally, I'd like to try working on each game in alternating months, but patrons already told me they want more content for the 1.0 of Caliross (as opposed to a bare-bone 1.0), so I am not in a hurry to switch anymore, we'll see.

Hey, thank you alot! I'v been a long time fan of this game since I discovered the hypnopics-collective years ago. I stopped keeping up to date with the game over time but it always struck me as one of my all time favorites. Thank you for the continuous updates and finally an ending. I can't wait to see where the story is going to go.
In theory, the game already had an ending in version 1.0 (I don't know which one you played last). Still the story will continue in TOTDC 2 (the demo for it should hopefully go live within 3-6 months, depending on how busy I am with Caliross). It's been a long time, but I can finally work on some interesting consequences for the choices players can make in TOTDC 1.

ah yes, thanks! Didn't know that I had to click on the image
I figured some people might be confused. The HTML version recreates how RAGS works pretty accurately, but if someone isn't familiar with that, it can be kind of obscure as a result.

Reactions: Back

ggggggg

Nov 21, 2016
I realize it might be too much to ask at this point, but what direction are you thinking for the art for TOTDC2? Also, while we're at it, will it be the same MC or different?

Don't fully expect an answer, but thought it doesn't hurt to ask (needless to say, I'm excited for TOTDC2, however long I'll have to wait, TOTDC is still the best game I've played in the genre).

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I realize it might be too much to ask at this point, but what direction are you thinking for the art for TOTDC2? Also, while we're at it, will it be the same MC or different?

Don't fully expect an answer, but thought it doesn't hurt to ask (needless to say, I'm excited for TOTDC2, however long I'll have to wait, TOTDC is still the best game I've played in the genre).
Same protagonist and crew. This is a direct continuation of the story, a few months after the events of the first game.

For the style, here is a sample for Celeste and one for Piper:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some people weren't too thrilled with the move from real life to 2D, but I can't really do a proper game on Patreon and use pictures grabbed online, I feel it would be wrong, and needlessly risky too.

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
I'll discuss this with my patrons in the coming months, to see what's the best approach. Personally, I'd like to try working on each game in alternating months, but patrons already told me they want more content for the 1.0 of Caliross (as opposed to a bare-bone 1.0), so I am not in a hurry to switch anymore, we'll see.
That makes sense, but it also means there's little use in waiting for Caliross to be "finished" and playing it since it'll be receiving content updates anway. That's good to know.

heehatatt

Jun 2, 2017
is there a way to cheat mental resistance or money through the console in the html version if you don't have cheats enabled? getting locked into a bad end because of low resistance and don't want to replay from my last save.

strus94738

Aug 26, 2018
One of the games that kept me waiting for each update so patiently...
Those were the times :)
I remember grabbing this on Hypno, as it was one of better source for games of this type.

Memories come back seeing this here :)

And I must say the new looks for them are awesome.

Reactions: Sunshaded and Back

pyro32

Oct 31, 2018
is there a way to cheat mental resistance or money through the console in the html version if you don't have cheats enabled? getting locked into a bad end because of low resistance and don't want to replay from my last save.
should have the option to take a cheat option when starting the game if you took it you can use that to raise mental resistance etc.

let me know if you figure out how to get past the temple door though please :)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes