mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hey there! Glad to hear you liked the game so much. ^_^

The game definitely has a big focus on bad endings, and having delayed ones is fine, but if someone got screwed over, it's worth thinking about it, I believe. Maybe I can warn the players more through Celeste's thoughts, or add one more escape/warning mid-sequence, something that doesn't ruin the experience overall. You did get some warnings for the brainwashing in the form of short events during travels, mentioning your mental status (these also changed your description, when you examine yourself).

I am not going to touch the maze itself (as I said, it would be too much work), but I have come to the conclusion that mazes aren't fun for most people, unless you have very specific mechanics to allow them to navigate the area (like, allowing them to buy a map first, or indications/procedures to follow and so on). Most importantly, opening with one is really tedious, I feel like. Otherwise, I like some of the ideas I used in it, but it comes at the wrong place and time.

Yeah, we don't get many M/F scenes. Celeste Star has essentially no M/F galleries, so whenever there is a man involved, I have to use tricks (I also still prefer F/F to this day XD XD XD). As I said, no big changes. It's easy to add an extra warning, but it's hard to add a new puzzle or modify an old one (I do agree that some of the puzzles are perhaps too vague in that section, however).

Off the top of my head, I can't remember the pendant, sorry, but if it was random, I do agree it's bad form.

For the exo suit, I was actually planning some randomly generated salvage missions (you know, on destroyed/abandoned ships floating in space), but I never got around to it (I did have some of the tech prepared, but it was hard to get back to the game right after I had finished it, so I never completed the script). Maybe I'll add one or two, just to make it worthwhile. Also, I definitely want to use the exo suit in the sequel.

Celeste should be a badass, I agree. It also has the nice benefit to make the sexy things sexier, if you go that route. XD

Really glad you liked the game, and I hope you'll like the sequel too, eventually. ^_^

Reactions: Dahakma and Back

Mordhau

Sep 15, 2019
Gods, but I've missed this game. I followed it through its dev on my old beast of a desktop. Even shared feedback with and chatted with mdqp over it. Shortly after I got the completed version, it became necessary to retire the old warrior and build a new one. One of my biggest laments is that the new machine wont deal with RAGS in any way, shape, or form. So many great titles that I can no longer access... Thanks for making a HTML port. Wish more of those authors would follow that path. Been far too long since I've quested with Ms. Blake, and many others aside

Cheers mate!

Reactions: Dahakma and Back

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Gods, but I've missed this game. I followed it through its dev on my old beast of a desktop. Even shared feedback with and chatted with mdqp over it. Shortly after I got the completed version, it became necessary to retire the old warrior and build a new one. One of my biggest laments is that the new machine wont deal with RAGS in any way, shape, or form. So many great titles that I can no longer access... Thanks for making a HTML port. Wish more of those authors would follow that path. Been far too long since I've quested with Ms. Blake, and many others aside

Cheers mate!
Hey, good to see old fans are still around. ^_^

I assume you tried the usual guides to get RAGS to work? I can understand the desire to play old games, that's why I made sure to get RAGS to work on windows 10. Well, I wanted access to it also because of my old games.

The HTML port is possible thanks to an anonymous coder (a fan who was willing to help), without him, the RAGS web export option was simply useless. I think he extended his offer to help to any author who wanted an HTML version, at least on the Hypnopics Collective, although I don't know if that's still the case. He is still helping me with TOTDC, though.

Speaking of which, there is an update coming soon. I fixed a bunch of bugs in TOTDC 1. The RAGS version is fine, but I am waiting for him to get back to me for some of the HTML-only bugs, and to apply the fixes common to both versions. There are some additions as well, but they are minor. I'll put a list of what's getting changed under spoiler (also, I changed how the export works at the end, so we can use it for the sequel, which will run on Ren'py).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Mordhau

Sep 15, 2019
Hey, good to see old fans are still around. ^_^

I assume you tried the usual guides to get RAGS to work? I can understand the desire to play old games, that's why I made sure to get RAGS to work on windows 10. Well, I wanted access to it also because of my old games.

The HTML port is possible thanks to an anonymous coder (a fan who was willing to help), without him, the RAGS web export option was simply useless. I think he extended his offer to help to any author who wanted an HTML version, at least on the Hypnopics Collective, although I don't know if that's still the case. He is still helping me with TOTDC, though.

Speaking of which, there is an update coming soon. I fixed a bunch of bugs in TOTDC 1. The RAGS version is fine, but I am waiting for him to get back to me for some of the HTML-only bugs, and to apply the fixes common to both versions. There are some additions as well, but they are minor. I'll put a list of what's getting changed under spoiler (also, I changed how the export works at the end, so we can use it for the sequel, which will run on Ren'py).

It was 5 or 6 years ago that I built this current PC, and tbh I don't remember what all I tried to do to make RAGS work. iirc some titles sorta worked, but most would not... Can't swear to anything beyond I had just built a new gaming computer and was more interested in installing mainstream titles (Fallout 3/NV/4, AC Origins/Odyssey, etc), and RAGS just was not on my list of priorities at the time.

Since finding this thread two days ago, I was inspired to try again. I have actually discovered the problem was my RAGS suite. Most games are picky about which version of RAGS you're running. After scouring the web for older versions, I've found that between 3.1, 2.5.2, and 2.0.0 I can generally get things to work. Now if I could only restore my library. Had somewhere between 30-60 titles, but the drive I kept them on bricked on me, and I remember plots better than names...

Reactions: Namco15

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Speaking of which, there is an update coming soon. I fixed a bunch of bugs in TOTDC 1.
That's amazing to hear! Are we getting ever closer to the second installment of this amazing saga? TotDC is just an amazing space opera -- I love it! :love:
Now if I could only restore my library. Had somewhere between 30-60 titles, but the drive I kept them on bricked on me, and I remember plots better than names...
I sympathize. And some of those titles have been scrubbed clean from the 'web altogether. Whenever you decide to revisit an old game for some nostalgic fun, I hope you can find and enjoy those games, Mordhau! Good luck and cheers!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Namco15

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
It was 5 or 6 years ago that I built this current PC, and tbh I don't remember what all I tried to do to make RAGS work. iirc some titles sorta worked, but most would not... Can't swear to anything beyond I had just built a new gaming computer and was more interested in installing mainstream titles (Fallout 3/NV/4, AC Origins/Odyssey, etc), and RAGS just was not on my list of priorities at the time.

Since finding this thread two days ago, I was inspired to try again. I have actually discovered the problem was my RAGS suite. Most games are picky about which version of RAGS you're running. After scouring the web for older versions, I've found that between 3.1, 2.5.2, and 2.0.0 I can generally get things to work. Now if I could only restore my library. Had somewhere between 30-60 titles, but the drive I kept them on bricked on me, and I remember plots better than names...
I can see how that would happen, although I have always liked old games, so I tend to have a set of programs and utilities I always bring on a new PC (stuff like Dosbox, Scummvm, dgVoodoo and so on). That's probably not very common, though. XD A friend of mine also cracked the RAGS security check, so I have a perpetual license for the engine, just in case (although I can't imagine ever working on a big project with RAGS ever again).

If you are looking for old games, checking the TFGames database or asking about what you remember on the Hypnopics Collective is probably going to yield decent results (niche forums usually are the best for those). Of course, that's mostly limited by the game's genre.

That's amazing to hear! Are we getting ever closer to the second installment of this amazing saga? TotDC is just an amazing space opera -- I love it! :love:

I sympathize. And some of those titles have been scrubbed clean from the 'web altogether. Whenever you decide to revisit an old game for some nostalgic fun, I hope you can find and enjoy those games, Mordhau! Good luck and cheers!
We are getting closer, yes. It's been slow going, since I am developing Caliross, but I am working on TOTDC 2 here and there in my spare time, and it has come a long way.

Reactions: Back and Dahakma

Mordhau

Sep 15, 2019
If you are looking for old games, checking the TFGames database or asking about what you remember on the Hypnopics Collective is probably going to yield decent results (niche forums usually are the best for those). Of course, that's mostly limited by the game's genre.

Lol.I'm just a step and a (half) day ahead of you there, actually. I've gotten a few already. Forgot that you did Through Hard Earned Trust. Most (I'D wager about 98%) of my library was a mishmash of those two sites. I'm a little surprised (and perhaps even a bit disappointed) that some of them never got completed. Seriously, Lillith Device was easily in my list of top 5 RAGS titles... Problem seems to be that those two sites (tfgames especially) more often than not sport dead mega links.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Lol.I'm just a step and a (half) day ahead of you there, actually. I've gotten a few already. Forgot that you did Through Hard Earned Trust. Most (I'D wager about 98%) of my library was a mishmash of those two sites. I'm a little surprised (and perhaps even a bit disappointed) that some of them never got completed. Seriously, Lillith Device was easily in my list of top 5 RAGS titles... Problem seems to be that those two sites (tfgames especially) more often than not sport dead mega links.
Yeah, I made Through Hard-Earned Trust, Blanked and TOTDC in RAGS. They all have browser conversions nowadays, although I wonder how many will bother playing those. I like that they have a chance of surviving past RAGS, at least.

Yeah, the unfinished games really hurt. Ironically, it's what spurred me to make sure I'd always finish my games, no matter what. XD

I do have a few RAGS games, and although I did delete most of the unfinished ones, I still have a few, it was just too common, and some of those are fun anyway.

Reactions: Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Yeah, I made Through Hard-Earned Trust, Blanked and TOTDC in RAGS. They all have browser conversions nowadays, although I wonder how many will bother playing those. I like that they have a chance of surviving past RAGS, at least.
I've played all those games of yours in the past. ;) That's cool that they can survive past the defunct engine. Gives more chances for folks to stumble across them at some point. Neat that you're able to beat that restrictive license. ^^'

Also, I still think it's pretty rad that you are still keeping up with your original site (found here, ) even after all these years. Good for you! (y)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I've played all those games of yours in the past. ;) That's cool that they can survive past the defunct engine. Gives more chances for folks to stumble across them at some point. Neat that you're able to beat that restrictive license. ^^'

Also, I still think it's pretty rad that you are still keeping up with your original site (found here, ) even after all these years. Good for you! (y)

Man, those 3 games must span at least 7 or 8 years. Yeah, I used to have a legitimate license, but with the RAGS website down, I don't think there is a way to legally activate a copy anymore, so I am glad I still have access to it, somehow.

The blog will keep going, unless google kicks me out. XD It's not much, but it's a good backup place, and it's "mine", sort of, in a way that my patreon or itch.io pages will never be.

Reactions: Back

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Well-well-well, look who's back from the dead! It's a timely update (barely 6 years and a half later) to your favourite game, TOTDC!

Link to the RAGS version:

Link to the HTML version:

This update was mainly to prepare the game for the eventual arrival of TOTDC 2 (to allow copy/pasting the end-data from the first game, if you wanted to continue from your previous "save"), but it has ballooned in size thanks to a player generously helping with a ton of bug reports and a new walkthrough (the walkthrough will take some significant work before it can be published, though). Anyway, here is the list of changes/bugfixes:
If you find more bugs... I guess I'll have to fix them, but I sincerely hope this is the last time I put my hands on TOTDC 1. XD

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Well-well-well, look who's back from the dead! It's a timely update (barely 6 years and a half later) to your favourite game, TOTDC!

Mega

Mega

This update was mainly to prepare the game for the eventual arrival of TOTDC 2 (to allow copy/pasting the end-data from the first game, if you wanted to continue from your previous "save"), but it has ballooned in size thanks to a player generously helping with a ton of bug reports and a new walkthrough (the walkthrough will take some significant work before it can be published, though). Anyway, here is the list of changes/bugfixes:
If you find more bugs... I guess I'll have to fix them, but I sincerely hope this is the last time I put my hands on TOTDC 1. XD
Sir, You have my gratitude!
Blessing to You by all Greek and Roman celestials!

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019

Mega

Mega

I know this request goes to to the "Regalia - Enhanced RAGS 2.x Player For The Browser" thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/regalia-enhanced-rags-2-x-player-for-the-browser.4829/

Sir, could You please convert these games to HTML?

I) Slavers Game Chapter IV: Nancy's Hospital Problems [v0.22] [Imp16k4]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slavers-game-chapter-iv-nancys-hospital-problems-v0-22-imp16k4.13834/

II) Slavers Game [Ch. 1-2 v0.18.03] [Imp16k4]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slavers-game-ch-1-2-v0-18-03-imp16k4.2520/

III) Miss Adventure [v1.249] [Dollmistress]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/miss-adventure-v1-249-dollmistress.4343/

IV) Kennel K-9 [WIP] [PacifistGames]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/kennel-k-9-wip-pacifistgames.278/

V) Veronika [v0.9.1] [Pacifist03]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/veronika-v0-9-1-pacifist03.1231/

VI) Shield High [v0.11] [Pudding Games]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/shield-high-v0-11-pudding-games.11921/

Grateful for Your cooperation.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I know this request goes to to the "Regalia - Enhanced RAGS 2.x Player For The Browser" thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/regalia-enhanced-rags-2-x-player-for-the-browser.4829/

Sir, could You please convert these games to HTML?

I) Slavers Game Chapter IV: Nancy's Hospital Problems [v0.22] [Imp16k4]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slavers-game-chapter-iv-nancys-hospital-problems-v0-22-imp16k4.13834/

II) Slavers Game [Ch. 1-2 v0.18.03] [Imp16k4]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/slavers-game-ch-1-2-v0-18-03-imp16k4.2520/

III) Miss Adventure [v1.249] [Dollmistress]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/miss-adventure-v1-249-dollmistress.4343/

IV) Kennel K-9 [WIP] [PacifistGames]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/kennel-k-9-wip-pacifistgames.278/

V) Veronika [v0.9.1] [Pacifist03]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/veronika-v0-9-1-pacifist03.1231/

VI) Shield High [v0.11] [Pudding Games]:
https://f95zone.to/threads/shield-high-v0-11-pudding-games.11921/

Grateful for Your cooperation.
Actually, my version of the game doesn't use Regalia, it's a custom fix which an anonymous coder (fan of the game) worked on to help me. If the authors of these games asked me, I could try and put them in contact with him, so they can sort things out and release an update, if they want. Sadly, I am not personally knowledgeable about the process, so I can't offer to do it myself.

Reactions: HGW and nerogaf

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Actually, my version of the game doesn't use Regalia, it's a custom fix which an anonymous coder (fan of the game) worked on to help me. If the authors of these games asked me, I could try and put them in contact with him, so they can sort things out and release an update, if they want. Sadly, I am not personally knowledgeable about the process, so I can't offer to do it myself.
Thanks for the answer.
Sir, conversion can be done to HTML.
"Regalia" is optional.
And I will help You with Your request(s) (if one have any).

Reactions: mdqp

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
So, could You please convert these games to HTML?
I owe You for this.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So, could You please convert these games to HTML?
I owe You for this.
As I said, you must ask the authors first. The guy who handles the conversion requires the actual author to help with the process, because he has to "manually" fix things for the games to work, debug things, and so on. He won't do all the work by himself, and generally doesn't want to mess with someone else's work without permission. If an author wants to talk to him, I will gladly pass on the message, but that's all.

Peruru

Mar 2, 2018
The HTML version seems to run fine on Chrome, but I can't figure out how to save/load. The blogspot says "Haven't tested other browsers yet, but it uses afaik only standard web APIs, as long as they are supported we should be good." Can anyone break it down step by step? <3

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
The HTML version seems to run fine on Chrome, but I can't figure out how to save/load. The blogspot says "Haven't tested other browsers yet, but it uses afaik only standard web APIs, as long as they are supported we should be good." Can anyone break it down step by step? <3
To save, click the "system" button in the bottom-right corner. There are a few options, including save/load.

For that line in the blog, it just means that if you try Firefox, Safari or any other browser, things should still work just fine (in theory). I bet Chrome (that you are using) is still the safest bet.

Reactions: Peruru

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Small hotfix (1.0e) to take care of some typos and a bug:Fixed navigation console not allowing journey between Janus and Europa 4 after returning from rescuing Alicia (+ the freeze/crash in the HTML version).

RAGS version:

HTML version:

If you don't want to redownload the entire game, this file should fix the HTML version (maybe keep a backup, just in case):

Reactions: HGW, ustar and Back
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes