3.60 star(s) 7 Votes
Jan 7, 2019
He's not milking. He has updated Neko Paradise multiple times in the past year. He has paused work on this until he completes the other game. He's specifically said he plans to come back to this and finish it.
3 Games and a bunch of side games they work on and not once has he stop the payments for his supporters going on holidays without pausing sure not milking lol.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
3 Games and a bunch of side games they work on and not once has he stop the payments for his supporters going on holidays without pausing sure not milking lol.
You do realize places like Patreon are meant to show support for the creator, not to demand work on a project, right? I still don't think it's milking. Make up your own definition for the word if you want, but you're not going to change my mind.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
In just under 30 days this can also be listed as abandoned.
Last update was Feb 2021.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In just under 30 days this can also be listed as abandoned.
Last update was Feb 2021.
That's true. I personally won't consider it abandoned, though, and still on hold. Alorth is only working on Neko Paradise (when he has time, I suppose), but he's said multiple times that he's not abandoning this and plans to come back to it after the other game. Whether others choose to or not is up to them, but I personally see no reason not to believe him, despite the delay. To me, this feels more like what WhitePhantom did with SoM when going to DLC for a while. It's not the same reason (WP realizing he had taken too much on and needing to reassess, so DLC was a good part of that break and reorienting himself), but I don't think this is abandoned, label or not. I do think Alorth may have taken on too many things, and then his illness (mental stress? I can't remember) has made progress slower, but I still believe this is, reapse, just on hold. I could always be wrong ofc.

• Angry
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
Neeko Paradise thread says that game will take a decade to complete. So put this on watchlist and come back in 2030.

Reactions: Debosno

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Is Neko Paradise going to suffer the same fate?

We will just have to wait and see.
I hope not, cos i'm a subscriber.
It's the primary game I subscribed for.
If it disappears, then I guess so does my sub, don't really care about the other games.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Neeko Paradise thread says that game will take a decade to complete. So put this on watchlist and come back in 2030.
I hope not, cos i'm a subscriber.
It's the primary game I subscribed for.
If it disappears, then I guess so does my sub, don't really care about the other games.
I'm not able to access it right now, but does that latest post on Patreon not refer to a release soon? Or maybe it's more in the vein of "I was going to release, but...." Since I can't read it, I'm not sure.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
In the past, he's specifically said he will continue this later. Right now, Neko Paradise is his priority, in addition to other games he does art for, like Radiant and Tales from the Unending Void. Unless he's changed is mind, he still wants to do more with this later. I assume it will be quite some time yet, though.
I hold no hope that it will, just like Sir Dammed promised to keep working on Polarity but abandoned it saying a new update will come out after Radiant but never did for 4 years now.

This one is now over 2 years since the last update and will probably be abandoned for good.

It seems like all VN's/games that were being worked on before Radiant came out the dev's abandoned them or have stopped working of them.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I hold no hope that it will, just like Sir Dammed promised to keep working on Polarity but abandoned it saying a new update will come out after Radiant but never did for 4 years now.

This one is now over 2 years since the last update and will probably be abandoned for good.

It seems like all VN's/games that were being worked on before Radiant came out the dev's abandoned them or have stopped working of them.
Shrug-Joey.gif

Nowadays my rule for games I find on this site is pretty much always to avoid waiting eagerly for anything. I just notice when there's a new update and get to that when I can. So I'm not holding out hope nor assuming the worst for something like this. I'll see an update if/when it comes and not worry about it otherwise. I've stopped caring whether someone updates within any time frame that seems reasonable, regardless of the developer.

I only care when something is officially abandoned (the developer states it or they have disappeared from existence for years). And even then, it's only for about 5 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how much I liked the game / developer, and then I move on and don't think about it anymore. Ofc, if there's a bump in a thread I'll notice and get reminded, but I'm still not overly bothered by it generally. I might feel like something's abandonment is a damned shame, but that's about it.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes