QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Have you ever seen doujinshi rewrites? It means writing a new story for visuals instead of actually conveying the meaning of words and usually have nothing to do with the script. I'm kinda prefer original wording when it comes to translations since it's very important in my opinion. When people edit mtl for translations, they don't usually keep track of the actual text or rewrite the whole thing if it "does not sound good" or something, I'm not sure about the actual justification.
I feel like you're confusing localising with "making sense of this mtl gibberish". MTL often spits out things that doesn't really convey the meaning very well people have to either check it against other MTLs or translate it manually. To clarify I'm not talking about when they change the rigid Japanese phrasing that no native speaker would utter btw I feel that falls under "localisation" not "fixing MTL".

I don't think fixing MTLs would be on the same level as rewriting an entire VN. Can you provide evidence that this has happened? It sounds like you're just against "localisation" or the whole "turning rigid Japanese phrasing into more natural English" which I can understand but I wouldn't say it's "rewriting" it's "localising" or giving it a more natural phrasing. If done correctly the meaning should be more easily conveyed which is the point of localisation/translations. That being said as a weeb I've started to like the odd Japanese phrasing myself. Not a dealbreaker though if the original intentions are conveyed correctly.

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
Jeez, that description was rough, MTL didn't work out well with it, huh? Hopefully, the translation for the game itself isn't MTL
That description is the old one, back when the game was released in jp, guess they never bothered changing that. As for the translation itself usually when it comes to AS games they do a good job, but we will see

M3lly

Jun 1, 2020
Anyone played the game yet? Able to give a summary if it's worth a try or not?

How's the MTL like? Any bread bread bread? :4Head:

Reactions: jaden_yuki
May 28, 2019
I feel like you're confusing localising with "making sense of this mtl gibberish". MTL often spits out things that doesn't really convey the meaning very well people have to either check it against other MTLs or translate it manually. To clarify I'm not talking about when they change the rigid Japanese phrasing that no native speaker would utter btw I feel that falls under "localisation" not "fixing MTL".

I don't think fixing MTLs would be on the same level as rewriting an entire VN. Can you provide evidence that this has happened? It sounds like you're just against "localisation" or the whole "turning rigid Japanese phrasing into more natural English" which I can understand but I wouldn't say it's "rewriting" it's "localising" or giving it a more natural phrasing. If done correctly the meaning should be more easily conveyed which is the point of localisation/translations. That being said as a weeb I've started to like the odd Japanese phrasing myself. Not a dealbreaker though if the original intentions are conveyed correctly.
Why would you need evidence? MTL by itself provides inaccurate translations and these "editors" (can't even be called translators since the machine is doing the job) read the gibberish and fix it. Fixing as in writing it in their level of english, with no regard to the original script. It's not an issue of localization vs direct translation, it's an issue of knowing Japanese.

Saikey in his patreon stated he has tiers where it's simply some proofreader editing a gibberish mtl script. That is straight up rewriting albeit keeping the very core structure of the plot. MTL loses nuances, ask anybody that study japanese and they can tell you why even chatgpt still cannot replace a human translator. The nuances is for a translator's to deliver, and since there are many nuances a contextual sentence could have, an mtl editor will be relying on luck to hit the right mark. That is why it's a rewrite, and this isn't even considering some people on this site do love to add their own quirks and "improved" the original work.

Reactions: bigmakxx

JayTac

Oct 5, 2017
Comparing the JP version to this translation it feels like someone ESL heavily edited an MTL and made it less comprehensible while also losing the original meaning of a lot of what's said. Hard pass, can't really call this translated.
Whoops, wrong game. TL quality is fine, almost literal.

Last edited:
Reactions: twisted1

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Why would you need evidence? MTL by itself provides inaccurate translations and these "editors" (can't even be called translators since the machine is doing the job) read the gibberish and fix it. Fixing as in writing it in their level of english, with no regard to the original script. It's not an issue of localization vs direct translation, it's an issue of knowing Japanese.

Saikey in his patreon stated he has tiers where it's simply some proofreader editing a gibberish mtl script. That is straight up rewriting albeit keeping the very core structure of the plot. MTL loses nuances, ask anybody that study japanese and they can tell you why even chatgpt still cannot replace a human translator. The nuances is for a translator's to deliver, and since there are many nuances a contextual sentence could have, an mtl editor will be relying on luck to hit the right mark. That is why it's a rewrite, and this isn't even considering some people on this site do love to add their own quirks and "improved" the original work.
If you want to say it's an Edited MTL instead of fan TL that's fine and maybe the mods can change it to whichever it should be. Claiming they rewrite stuff for seemingly no reason is bizarre and needs citation. I assumed he was talking about editing phrasing on non-MTLs not just the fundementals of editing an MTL.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
I tried to make sense of the overview... I failed...

The fuck is that mess?!

Someone post the JP version so someone else can try.
MC used to be a fuckboy. Falls in love with wife.
MC get's blackmailed by former fuckboy friend from university and a random hoe he brought for extra credit.
Wife finds out and hates it at first. Meanwhile MC remembers what's it like to be a fuckboy and even a cuck.

• Haha
Reactions: gervid

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
It looks good, but I can't seem to get it to run. It gives me a warning message in Japanese when I try to run it with local emulator to Japanese.

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
Overview was kind of abysmal so I ran it through ChatGPT, this makes way more sense:

Story

The protagonist, Kazumi Tsukayama, had a beloved wife named Nodoka Tsukayama. During his university days, Kazumi, motivated by casual relationships, was a member of a circle dedicated to such pursuits, engaging with various women. However, after meeting Nodoka, he abandoned both the circle and his playboy lifestyle, dedicating himself to loving only her.

Several years into their happy marriage, a news article reveals that the circle Kazumi once belonged to had caused trouble in sexual relationships with several women. Although Kazumi had already distanced himself from the circle, he feared what his wife would think if she discovered his past.

One day, during these anxious times, Toshio, an acquaintance from Kazumi's university days, appears. Toshio informs Kazumi that he knows about his involvement in that circle and hands him a USB flash drive. The files on the drive depict images of Nodoka and Toshio in an intimate embrace from their past. When questioned, Toshio admits to having dated Nodoka before. Kazumi becomes wary, believing that Toshio has come for revenge, resentful for taking Nodoka away.

As these events unfold, something begins to gradually change in Kazumi's surroundings.

Wveth

May 2, 2018
Problem is the folder name (Sweet Wife’s affair – Mind Lost in Pleasure) -> change the " – " used in the JP syntax', replace it with the one on your keyboard "-" it's smaller. It'll solve your problem :)
I tried this and it still won't run. Same error every time.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Removing the Japanese "-" and using JP unicode should be enough to get the game working.
HAve you tried using NTLE or LE to start the game ?
Else your AV might see it as a virus so try adding an exception.
Other option are path to long or uncompatible OS.