Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
First issue is fixed now.
Sandra's quest triggers at the same conditions as Kelly's quest so that may very well be a bug in the main game.
Ahh good to know. I'll have to just make sure I pay more attention when I get to that point instead of skipping past everything by holding control down. It's entirely possible I just missed the beginning of it entirely. I started over anyway to test a different path than I have in my walkthrough. I think I found a more efficient path, especially for people who aren't using mods.

The combat definitely seems harder now until you get significantly better spec'd out with powers than previous versions. Before the combat update I could reliably beat anyone with just flight, natural physical 2, and level 2 of all the physical attributes. With the new combat system I can't even come close to winning any battles with that. The new hulk out transformation is pretty cool. Looking forward to trying the other ones in my new playthrough. Need to remember to save just before I pick which transformation I'm getting. Haven't tried Armor of Terra yet either.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I updated from 0.31.03-ra2 to ra5 and now I have "checksum failed!" in the menu, is this important?

And yes I have installed it from scratch.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I updated from 0.31.03-ra2 to ra5 and now I have "checksum failed!" in the menu, is this important?
Normally it would mean there is something wrong with your install (a file is missing or different than expected), but I am seeing the same thing on this end. This probably means I forgot to recreate the MD5 file after updating the version number.

Checking the differences between the release and my development version confirms that all the important files are the same, just the MD5 Checksum for radioactive.rpy is wrong (this is where the version number lives).

If you would like confirmation that your install is correct, grab the archive out of the OP again. The MD5 file has has been updated.

Sorry for the slip-up. I usually double and triple check this sort of thing. I'm pretty sure I even ran the program one last time for this release. But I either did not load a save (which is what creates the MD5 file in my dev environment), or I forgot to recreate the archive afterward.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
I was unable to reproduce the behavior for the other one when receiving the letter for getting grades up. Were you talking about an influence letter? The only time Radioactive modifies resistance is for flaw suppression injections. It is a multiple of the current value though, so 0 will still be 0. Check player.resistance and respurchase values.
Player.resistance and respurchase values don't change at all. Also asking for Globex or Logistics Division letters doesn't trigger the quest. Only asking for an Initiative letter triggers "Viva La Resistance" finished. Doesn't matter if you use global/school influence points.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Main game bug?

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Ah I figured it might be something like that, no problems changing the MD5 file got rid of the message so all is good.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.31.03-RA6 (2019.01.09)
  • Flaw Suppression
    • Failsafe code no longer sets resistance 1 point higher.
    • Resistance now adjusted when an injection expires. (Previously only handled upon load.)

Only asking for an Initiative letter triggers "Viva La Resistance" finished.
The formula in the failsafe code was incorrect. Probably left over from a previous formula. (Or maybe I was thinking the game started with 1 Resistance for Enhanced Senses.) Your data should be correct after you load your game, as the failsafe code always adjusts resistance to what it should logically be.

While looking at this error, I also noticed that I was only ever changing resistance at injections or data load. Which might leave the player with a resistance penalty for the remainder of the session.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sandra's quest triggers at the same conditions as Kelly's quest so that may very well be a bug in the main game.
I suspect it's probably a bug in the base game. I started over and made sure to complete Kelly's quest before getting Sandra's quest and it worked fine then. In my previous game Sandra's quest wasn't in the quest log even though it had started. In my new game it is.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Poll up (see top of page). Let me know what you think. Read carefully, as there are two different options for "No".

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I suspect it's probably a bug in the base game. I started over and made sure to complete Kelly's quest before getting Sandra's quest and it worked fine then. In my previous game Sandra's quest wasn't in the quest log even though it had started. In my new game it is.
Actually now that I think about this, it may just be that the base game didn't account for the possibility of having both the cheerleader and renegade quests active at the same time since it's not possible in the base game. I suspect this could be avoided entirely by turning off the Paragon/Renegade/Paragade options in Radioactive until you've completed 1 of those quests.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
it may just be that the base game didn't account for the possibility of having both the cheerleader and renegade quests active at the same time since it's not possible in the base game.
It certainly is possible. They have effectively identical start requirements and a label that gives priority to Kelly's mission when they both could be considered.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It certainly is possible. They have effectively identical start requirements and a label that gives priority to Kelly's mission when they both could be considered.
Incidently I just tested this in my latest playthrough and it does seem to cause a conflict if both quests are active at once but disabling the morality option in Radioactive so you can fully complete one of them without the other one triggering works fine. Then you can turn Paragon/etc on and do the other one and get both completed.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
it does seem to cause a conflict if both quests are active at once but disabling the morality option in Radioactive so you can fully complete one of them without the other one triggering works fine.
It isn't morality. The two quests use the same alignment test to become available (one conditional statement). Literally, if one can become available, then so can the other.

What I said previously about Sandra starting by tutoring is incorrect. It is being short-circuited there because Baal is using the same variable in both quests to mark them as running.

The problem is that the quests become available at night while Billy sleeps (one is selected randomly of those not already available to start), but don't actually begin until he goes to class (which is when the nightly choice becomes inactive). So if he doesn't go to class one day (for example, over the weekend), both quests will become available and ready to start.

The class event to start also tries to keep it to one, but again, the tutoring short-circuit fouls that up. And I just recreated that in the base game. The events for both quests are running, though only Kelly's quest is displayed.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI

HarbekZone

Dec 14, 2017
Hi, i think we need a guide tracking, just like a Walkthrough but with Tracking feature. Someone who "complete" the game can help? (example attached)

example.png

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
It isn't morality. The two quests use the same alignment test to become available (one conditional statement). Literally, if one can become available, then so can the other.

What I said previously about Sandra starting by tutoring is incorrect. It is being short-circuited there because Baal is using the same variable in both quests to mark them as running.

The problem is that the quests become available at night while Billy sleeps (one is selected randomly of those not already available to start), but don't actually begin until he goes to class (which is when the nightly choice becomes inactive). So if he doesn't go to class one day (for example, over the weekend), both quests will become available and ready to start.

The class event to start also tries to keep it to one, but again, the tutoring short-circuit fouls that up. And I just recreated that in the base game. The events for both quests are running, though only Kelly's quest is displayed.
Ahh I think I see what you're saying. I did avoid doing any tutoring in my current playthrough until Kelly's quest was complete. However, I was not approached by Sandra in the school hallway regarding her quest until after I turned Radioactive's Paragade option back on (my actual alignment was 65). And unlike my previous playthrough where both quests were active but only Kelly's quest showed up in the quest log, in my current game both quests are in the quest log and both are fully complete. In my previous playthrough only Kelly's quest showed up but both were active and I was not able to complete either of them. I was able to partially but not fully complete both quests in that playthrough.

I don't remember if the hallway encounter with Sandra happened spontaneously or whether I had to go to class or tutoring or something to trigger it. I also intentionally completed Kelly's quest as fast as possible in my 2nd playthrough so maybe I just got lucky as far as Sandra's quest. Generally there is some randomness to encounters.

HarbekZone

Dec 14, 2017
Base game or Radioactive?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 18, in script call
    call interacts (get_char_by_ikey(interact_who))
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 292, in script call
    call process_negative_action (char, param)
  File "game/func_action_processing.rpy", line 677, in script call
    call expression char.ikey + "_coercedsex_script"
  File "game/chars/char_Mary.rpy", line 1620, in script call
    call mary_coercedanal_script
  File "game/chars/char_Mary.rpy", line 1662, in script call
    call pause_scene
  File "game/util/func_utils.rpy", line 263, in script
    pause
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
Exception: DynamicImage u'Characters/Mary/Negative/[my.outfit]_[my.pose].png': could not find image. (u'Characters/Mary/Negative/slut_coercedanal2.png')

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't know if it's the base game or the mod doing this, but in my current playthrough I noticed that the resistance stat that shows up in your regular stat screen does not match what it says at the Institute. In my game they match at the beginning of the game and after buying 1 level of resistance but after I buy the next level it says resistance 3 at the Institute and resistance 5 in my stats. This is with Natural Physical 1, Natural Social 3, Natural Mental 3, Enhanced Senses 3, Flight 3, and Psychosism 3. Doesn't seem to cause any problems so it may just be cosmetic.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I don't know if it's the base game or the mod doing this, but in my current playthrough I noticed that the resistance stat that shows up in your regular stat screen does not match what it says at the Institute. In my game they match at the beginning of the game and after buying 1 level of resistance but after I buy the next level it says resistance 3 at the Institute and resistance 5 in my stats.
I don't know how that could be possible as both strings are literally displaying the unmodified player.resistence . "5" is the correct value, and Radioactive doesn't touch the Initiative at all (which would be the incorrect one in your example). Tried a few different things and the two values are always the same on this end.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes