Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I really haven't seen DC "defend" himself from this. It's been his experience, nothing more or less. What butters my biscuits is that people use that to just run him in the ground with the same commentary over and over again about how he's in this for the money or whatever which just sounds and looks ridiculous to me.
To be fair, it all boils down to money anyways - people who don't do certain pieces of work are either filthy rich to begin with or insane.

I doubt it's his ulterior motive to milk the game, but on the other hand it earns the bread.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
To be fair, it all boils down to money anyways - people who don't do certain pieces of work are either filthy rich to begin with or insane.

I doubt it's his ulterior motive to milk the game, but on the other hand it earns the bread.
Though I do think that DC is rather relaxed in that regard. His plan was to freelance and to start creating something on his own besides that. SS was his attempt to teach himself coding a little. He basically drew Roxxy, started coding around, some liked it, he added MC and that's how everything came to pass.

He said a while ago that he'd always be working on games and if the money won't be enough to get by, he'd start freelancing again working on the game in his freetime.

So yes, money is essential, but I can't see DC shifting his way just because he doesn't earn as much as he did before.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
character updates.jpg
I like the new character updates, some are fairly subtle, some are IMHO total makeovers. Eve is my Favorite, her face and body are Much cuter/sexy. Martinez is the 2nd biggest makeover (perhaps Lopez too). Cassies's body looks Great... MUCH more life a Lifeguard's body with big tits. Speaking of Big B00Bs, are Debbie's tits even Bigger? Nice!

PS: Everyone whining about the time frame for releases... give it a rest. There are AT LEAST 200 pages of complaining about release delays... Go read those before posting new whines. I believe it was V0.15 release that the Moderators actually closed the thread to posts because of all the spam.

I'm pretty sure Darkcookie has upfront billing (charged immediately) for donating on Patroen, so donate after a new release, then cancel immediately so you aren't billed for months and months between releases... Just a thought.

wizu

May 20, 2018
Hi,
It felt Roxy update was rushed, and also graphics suffered because of that, last Diane update lacked content, then I stopped my patronage and i tried to find different games. For me Milfy City is something i wait for. I am not so eager for Summertime Saga anymore.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
Hi,
It felt Roxy update was rushed, and also graphics suffered because of that, last Diane update lacked content, then I stopped my patronage and i tried to find different games. For me Milfy City is something i wait for. I am not so eager for Summertime Saga anymore.
Yours might be the first time I've seen someone say the Roxxy update wasn't great. For sure I feel this game won't have much for you if you don't like that update.

Edit: first* time

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
DC posted a picture from the shower scene with the "new" Jenny on his Discord:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yikes, I usually like the newer art but this is just badly put together.

Head is too big and her torso is a tad bit too short. I'd also say her breasts hang a bit low but maybe that's just because the torso is too small. This needs to be redone. Reminds me a bit of the kitchen scene with mom landlady.

Jul 28, 2017
All these people defending dark cookie because he's the only one drawing. ok, so a 1 and a half hour stream every 2nd day with weekends off and 2 weeks out of every 4 for sickness, and christmas. no no. he's doing his very best. anyone can see that with the pace that this is getting done.

The orignial Diane update had the most content with all the sex scenes unlocked at the end and I guarantee this will be another poor update, with "I needed to retrace 90% of everything for reasons" and my kids were sick.

6 people on the books playing tiddlywinks while he draws for 1 and half hours a day every 2nd day and the wife on the books as HR for tax reasons.

with the movement of 10% in an month, it's all a little bs actually.

If you look at all the "offline content" that was in previous versions, you can quite easily see how much actual work he does.

I'd love to earn 600k a year for 3 x 1 and a half hour days a week and more power to him.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
I saw on the news page that there was a new wallpaper up six days ago. I didn't see it on this forum yet. Does anyone have it for sharing? Or didn't I check the forum good enough?

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I saw on the news page that there was a new wallpaper up six days ago. I didn't see it on this forum yet. Does anyone have it for sharing? Or didn't I check the forum good enough?

Admittedly, it's hard to find since this thread is always full of lively conversation about the game's state.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018

Admittedly, it's hard to find since this thread is always full of lively conversation about the game's state.
Thanks a bunch. I should have been able to find this though, since you marked it quite clearly. My bad, and thanks again!

Sceyro

Sep 21, 2016
All these people defending dark cookie because he's the only one drawing. ok, so a 1 and a half hour stream every 2nd day with weekends off and 2 weeks out of every 4 for sickness, and christmas. no no. he's doing his very best. anyone can see that with the pace that this is getting done.

The orignial Diane update had the most content with all the sex scenes unlocked at the end and I guarantee this will be another poor update, with "I needed to retrace 90% of everything for reasons" and my kids were sick.

6 people on the books playing tiddlywinks while he draws for 1 and half hours a day every 2nd day and the wife on the books as HR for tax reasons.

with the movement of 10% in an month, it's all a little bs actually.

If you look at all the "offline content" that was in previous versions, you can quite easily see how much actual work he does.

I'd love to earn 600k a year for 3 x 1 and a half hour days a week and more power to him.
inb4 a thread a suspension

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Stopped following this series a long time ago, back before Patreon had the whole incest debacle.

Has lewdpatcher stopped patching this series? Did DC go whole hog and instead of a simple string edit of sister -> roommate or something instead explicitly make them not related in the story?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Has lewdpatcher stopped patching this series? Did DC go whole hog and instead of a simple string edit of sister -> roommate or something instead explicitly make them not related in the story?
There are incest patches around in this forum, sadly not in the first post though (why?).

Else it's true that DC decided to release the game in a way that it makes sense without any patch (given that many will play on android or won't even care to look for one) and doesn't support any patches himself because of the inherent risk to get banned. He's still commited to bring the incest back once the game is done though.

So you can probably either go with one of those user patches (which should be 99% fine) or you'll have to wait another 2 years.

not feeling it to be honest, her head looks weird. a little alien like. her tits also look a little weird. hope it's still WIP but i liked the old art more.
I'd say "unusual" poses from the side/back/top/etc. have never really been his strong suit. I'm not really sure why though...

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
There are incest patches around in this forum, sadly not in the first post though (why?).

Else it's true that DC decided to release the game in a way that it makes sense without any patch (given that many will play on android or won't even care to look for one) and doesn't support any patches himself because of the inherent risk to get banned. He's still commited to bring the incest back once the game is done though.

So you can probably either go with one of those user patches (which should be 99% fine) or you'll have to wait another 2 years.
My impression was that Patreon doesn't really care beyond the creators playing lipservice to the ban on incest? I also think a simple string swap would allow the content to still be understandable albeit comical. Siblings -> Roommates, Sister -> Roommate, Mother -> Landlady, ect. I'm actually pretty sure other adult games on patreon do exactly this?

Otherwise, thanks, is there a patch for 0.17.5 I can find here? Just so I know before getting my arms elbow deep in the thread searching for it.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
My impression was that Patreon doesn't really care beyond the creators playing lipservice to the ban on incest? I also think a simple string swap would allow the content to still be understandable albeit comical. Siblings -> Roommates, Sister -> Roommate, Mother -> Landlady, ect. I'm actually pretty sure other adult games on patreon do exactly this?
Well, yes and no. DC is among the top 5 creators on patreon and there are quite a few people out there by now who don't really like him. So he's quite a bit more in the spotlight compared to other devs and there's certainly a risk that "too many" people will tell patreon that he's basically circumventing their rules. It's a bet and he doesn't want to take it.

Next to that, I'm not really a fan of those odd replacements. At least in my opinion they made some games quite a bit worse in the past and basically forced users to use a patch.

Otherwise, thanks, is there a patch for 0.17.5 I can find here? Just so I know before getting my arms elbow deep in the thread searching for it.
This one should be it:

I have to say, that I didn't play it myself though.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes