secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
DC posted a picture from the shower scene with the "new" Jenny on his Discord:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yikes, I usually like the newer art but this is just badly put together.

Head is too big and her torso is a tad bit too short. I'd also say her breasts hang a bit low but maybe that's just because the torso is too small. This needs to be redone. Reminds me a bit of the kitchen scene with mom landlady.

Jul 28, 2017
All these people defending dark cookie because he's the only one drawing. ok, so a 1 and a half hour stream every 2nd day with weekends off and 2 weeks out of every 4 for sickness, and christmas. no no. he's doing his very best. anyone can see that with the pace that this is getting done.

The orignial Diane update had the most content with all the sex scenes unlocked at the end and I guarantee this will be another poor update, with "I needed to retrace 90% of everything for reasons" and my kids were sick.

6 people on the books playing tiddlywinks while he draws for 1 and half hours a day every 2nd day and the wife on the books as HR for tax reasons.

with the movement of 10% in an month, it's all a little bs actually.

If you look at all the "offline content" that was in previous versions, you can quite easily see how much actual work he does.

I'd love to earn 600k a year for 3 x 1 and a half hour days a week and more power to him.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
I saw on the news page that there was a new wallpaper up six days ago. I didn't see it on this forum yet. Does anyone have it for sharing? Or didn't I check the forum good enough?

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
I saw on the news page that there was a new wallpaper up six days ago. I didn't see it on this forum yet. Does anyone have it for sharing? Or didn't I check the forum good enough?

Admittedly, it's hard to find since this thread is always full of lively conversation about the game's state.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018

Admittedly, it's hard to find since this thread is always full of lively conversation about the game's state.
Thanks a bunch. I should have been able to find this though, since you marked it quite clearly. My bad, and thanks again!

Sceyro

Sep 21, 2016
All these people defending dark cookie because he's the only one drawing. ok, so a 1 and a half hour stream every 2nd day with weekends off and 2 weeks out of every 4 for sickness, and christmas. no no. he's doing his very best. anyone can see that with the pace that this is getting done.

The orignial Diane update had the most content with all the sex scenes unlocked at the end and I guarantee this will be another poor update, with "I needed to retrace 90% of everything for reasons" and my kids were sick.

6 people on the books playing tiddlywinks while he draws for 1 and half hours a day every 2nd day and the wife on the books as HR for tax reasons.

with the movement of 10% in an month, it's all a little bs actually.

If you look at all the "offline content" that was in previous versions, you can quite easily see how much actual work he does.

I'd love to earn 600k a year for 3 x 1 and a half hour days a week and more power to him.
inb4 a thread a suspension

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Stopped following this series a long time ago, back before Patreon had the whole incest debacle.

Has lewdpatcher stopped patching this series? Did DC go whole hog and instead of a simple string edit of sister -> roommate or something instead explicitly make them not related in the story?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Has lewdpatcher stopped patching this series? Did DC go whole hog and instead of a simple string edit of sister -> roommate or something instead explicitly make them not related in the story?
There are incest patches around in this forum, sadly not in the first post though (why?).

Else it's true that DC decided to release the game in a way that it makes sense without any patch (given that many will play on android or won't even care to look for one) and doesn't support any patches himself because of the inherent risk to get banned. He's still commited to bring the incest back once the game is done though.

So you can probably either go with one of those user patches (which should be 99% fine) or you'll have to wait another 2 years.

not feeling it to be honest, her head looks weird. a little alien like. her tits also look a little weird. hope it's still WIP but i liked the old art more.
I'd say "unusual" poses from the side/back/top/etc. have never really been his strong suit. I'm not really sure why though...

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
There are incest patches around in this forum, sadly not in the first post though (why?).

Else it's true that DC decided to release the game in a way that it makes sense without any patch (given that many will play on android or won't even care to look for one) and doesn't support any patches himself because of the inherent risk to get banned. He's still commited to bring the incest back once the game is done though.

So you can probably either go with one of those user patches (which should be 99% fine) or you'll have to wait another 2 years.
My impression was that Patreon doesn't really care beyond the creators playing lipservice to the ban on incest? I also think a simple string swap would allow the content to still be understandable albeit comical. Siblings -> Roommates, Sister -> Roommate, Mother -> Landlady, ect. I'm actually pretty sure other adult games on patreon do exactly this?

Otherwise, thanks, is there a patch for 0.17.5 I can find here? Just so I know before getting my arms elbow deep in the thread searching for it.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
My impression was that Patreon doesn't really care beyond the creators playing lipservice to the ban on incest? I also think a simple string swap would allow the content to still be understandable albeit comical. Siblings -> Roommates, Sister -> Roommate, Mother -> Landlady, ect. I'm actually pretty sure other adult games on patreon do exactly this?
Well, yes and no. DC is among the top 5 creators on patreon and there are quite a few people out there by now who don't really like him. So he's quite a bit more in the spotlight compared to other devs and there's certainly a risk that "too many" people will tell patreon that he's basically circumventing their rules. It's a bet and he doesn't want to take it.

Next to that, I'm not really a fan of those odd replacements. At least in my opinion they made some games quite a bit worse in the past and basically forced users to use a patch.

Otherwise, thanks, is there a patch for 0.17.5 I can find here? Just so I know before getting my arms elbow deep in the thread searching for it.
This one should be it:

I have to say, that I didn't play it myself though.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Well, yes and no. DC is among the top 5 creators on patreon and there are quite a few people out there by now who don't really like him. So he's quite a bit more in the spotlight compared to other devs and there's certainly a risk that "too many" people will tell patreon that he's basically circumventing their rules. It's a bet and he doesn't want to take it.

Next to that, I'm not really a fan of those odd replacements. At least in my opinion they made some games quite a bit worse in the past and basically forced users to use a patch.

This one should be it:

I have to say, that I didn't play it myself though.
Thanks for linking the patch! I'll see how it runs, I have to admit though a cursory glance at the .rpy files is a little depressing. Looks like he really ripped out anything related to incest in the game.

Guess it helps secure the cashflow though. :p

sir_legend

May 1, 2017
I am so excited for this update jenny is the best girl in the game and i like her boobs they are the best after rox

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
not feeling it to be honest, her head looks weird. a little alien like. her tits also look a little weird. hope it's still WIP but i liked the old art more.
I'd say that overall she looks younger than she should in that image, compared to both current and the upcoming refined/redesigned look. It's kind of freaky and creepy at the same time.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
DC posted a picture from the shower scene with the "new" Jenny on his Discord:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Why does she look like a 13 year old with massive boobs?

What is the point in changing the art? It wasn't the best art ever but it was fine, I would have settled for characters having more distinctive faces.

I know it's a big joke that this game will never be completed but with all these pointless changes it does feel like they keep adding on to the pile, I wonder if things will coincidentally start going faster if people start removing their donations later down the line.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
well, you guys can argue whatever you want, and can start astroturfing at leisure, at the end of the day... ALL WE HERE are interested in this game and how it would be as a finished product

you can check Patreon Statistics of the Top Patreon Creators, and DarkCookie is in 5th place OVERALL

you can check only NSFW Patreon games creators, where DC and Co. are 1st place overall

interestingly enough, the average per backer is just $2.90, for the Summertime Saga project / game; In context the 2nd place, who has more time as a Patreon creator and have an average of $5.14 per backer has around 6K followers, while DC has 16K

you can see that this game talks by itself, as Dogeek have stated, the rework of the codebase is long and extensive, the idea is to make the game less prone to crashes and more flexible for upcoming updates and content

and the rework of the art is focused in flexibility, streamlining of the game and lightweighting the final product, because visuals are always the heavy hitters on any game, and the old way of doing all the poses instead of creating separated parts that can be arranged / swapped at will was making the game bloated and slow

remember that DC is a human, like all of us here, has a real life, a job, debts, kids, and so on. so is logical that things doesn't go as planned from time to time, and watching you guys trash-talking about a real life stuff is frankly dissapointing

4.20 star(s) 340 Votes