PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I do not understand the need to put theyr hands in the first parts of the game, this means forcing people to start all over again at all times. When this game will have a 3 days of real time gameplay every time to see 2 hours of new content you will have to play the old three days? This is not simply frustrating, it's crazy! From the first version I downloaded, 11.6 to today I started the game 12+ times for what? Just because they change one or two images of the mother in the shower (this is an example)? Is it worth it? I do not think this is what makes Summertime Saga a good game, why they do not focus on the new content and leave the old like it is? Also if they make a bug fix you have to start again? This is pure madness! My 2 cents opinion.
This game is huge, most games of this like have like 6 characters, this one will have 15 H-scenes characters alone by the end of the next update. If it bugs you so much, don't play every release. I really don't understand people who play the non-stable release and then complain about bugs. Wait an extra day or two.

Cro

May 10, 2017
I don't understand why people complain so much about a free game when people on this forum share their save files all the time ...
Well...because they don't work ? You need a save created with this version, so basically when a new version comes out, a save that's usable will appear after a few hours at best.
And with this game, it's kinda impossible to provide a save exactly at the end of the last version and I don't want a complete save. I just frikin' want MY SAVES to work so I can actually do the quests, not see a 10 sec "video" and that's it.
I can extract the CGs if I want that.
I played today the game, finished everything except Aqua...how hard would it be for 14.5.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1..... 1 to f....g support saves from 14.5 if it only contains bug fixes ?

Look at the The Twist, tons of new contents, each after another, I have the same 3 saves since forever, take them with me every new version. Not to mention very few bugs for each release and never game breaking one.
I mean, what QA do you do with AQUA on 14.5, when you develop a new scene, but you can't even f.... g fish ?!
How the hell did he tested that new scene ? Nobody even run the entire AQUA flow just ONCE ? I mean, really dude .... one run would show the crash that everyone is getting.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
LMAO, quite surprise to read the statement from the guy who already feel the death march of second happiness. XD
Ahahahah, can you immagine what kind of disaster would be every release restart again from beginning a game full of grind like Second Happiness?x'Dx'Dx'D

yes..fish don´t work
Thanks so much mate, i will wait for 14.5.3-4-5x'D

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Damn, I really hate what the devs are doing with the mother's story.

Terrible change.

The aunt reveals that they had a "gang" to fuck around, and now that she's "single" again the aunt asks the mother if she wants to get the gang together again.

Pretty disgusting thing to learn about the mother, and then the cringy scene were the mother is using her usual open robe when the mechanic is in her house and the chimp is hitting on her...

The mother went from sweet and caring to a crazed slut who seems to be going down the path of regression in a single patch...

Way to go! Make people hate the mother by turning her into a slut in her middle life crisis who tries to jump back to the crazy things she did as a teenager/young adult.

The mother's identity or character was drastically changed, very suddenly. For many people who liked the mother now they're asking who the hell is that woman? She's not the character I liked.

I don't even know if the actual story writer(s) for this game read this thread or not, or if the devs look at this site to get feedback. What I know is that this thread has way too many die-hard fanboys blurting apologetic nonsense whenever someone gives feedback and express his/her opinion.

Only thing I can ask to the devs is to give players more choices to avoid things they don't like otherwise this game will have a very limited target market.

djspike

Nov 29, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 693, in script call
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
  File "game/scripts/pier/fishing_minigame/fishing_minigame.rpy", line 67, in script
    call screen fishing_minigame(bait)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/pier/fishing_minigame/screens.rpy", line 380, in execute
    screen fishing_minigame(bait):
  File "game/scripts/pier/fishing_minigame/screens.rpy", line 381, in execute
    add Fishing(bait)
  File "game/scripts/pier/fishing_minigame/screens.rpy", line 135, in __init__
    fish[name].reset()
TypeError: string indices must be integers

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
  File "game/scripts/pier/fishing_minigame/fishing_minigame.rpy", line 67, in script
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2538, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 822, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1107, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 443, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    add Fishing(bait)
  File "<screen language>", line 381, in <module>
    fish[name].reset()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SummertimeSaga 0.14.5

Cro

May 10, 2017
Ahahahah, can you immagine what kind of disaster would be every release restart again from beginning a game full of grind like Second Happiness?x'Dx'Dx'D
Well, good thing that the developers of Summertime Saga do not work for Big Brother.
Now THAT would be fun, to replay Big Brother every time.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Damn, I really hate what the devs are doing with the mother's story.

Terrible change.

The aunt reveals that they had a "gang" to fuck around, and now that she's "single" again the aunt asks the mother if she wants to get the gang together again.

Pretty disgusting thing to learn about the mother, and then the cringy scene were the mother is using her usual open robe when the mechanic is in her house and the chimp is hitting on her...

The mother went from sweet and caring to a crazed slut who seems to be going down the path of regression in a single patch...

Way to go! Make people hate the mother by turning her into a slut in her middle life crisis who tries to jump back to the crazy things she did as a teenager/young adult.

The mother's identity or character was drastically changed, very suddenly. For many people who liked the mother now they're asking who the hell is that woman? She's not the character I liked.

I don't even know if the actual story writer(s) for this game read this thread or not, or if the devs look at this site to get feedback. What I know is that this thread has way too many die-hard fanboys blurting apologetic nonsense whenever someone gives feedback and express his/her opinion.

Only thing I can ask to the devs is to give players more choices to avoid things they don't like otherwise this game will have a very limited target market.
Are you sure you ready well? I do not think that a game who have choice, you cant do anything who change the thing you are writing. Tonight i restart the game again, so i really hope that you are wrong. I do not wanna a slut mother or a slut aunt. If the two one i see in the old version are really two sweet persone.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Are you sure you ready well? I do not think that a game who have choice, you cant do anything who change the thing you are writing. Tonight i restart the game again, so i really hope that you are wrong. I do not wanna a slut mother or a slut aunt. If the two one i see in the old version are really two sweet persone.
Don't keep your hopes up and be ready for the hit is all can tell you, read carefully what the aunt and the mom say when they're together at the pool (is a new event).

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Don't keep your hopes up and be ready for the hit is all can tell you, read carefully what the aunt and the mom say when they're together at the pool (is a new event).
But i think that in anyway, you are the mc and then you are the one who choice if you wanna them turn in slutty woman. Dark Cockie give to us always a choice. I do not think that they ruin the game like this. Yeah if that is true is really a sad thing. I do not like slut mother. I mean if the slut thing is with the mc ok. But if now they wanna ruin the game without leaving us the choice is really horrible. I hope someone knows more about it and can give us better information.

pksrbx

May 6, 2017
what "program" do you guys use to decrypt the images cuz i'm decrypting and in this version the images are all fucked up

rucky

Apr 4, 2017
Some of the older scenes need to be improves. laundry scene with mom seems to got worse for some reason... overall i think this is one of the best update in terms of content

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    add Fishing(bait)
    fish[name].reset()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
    python in _console:
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2538, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 822, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1107, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 443, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\jeremy\Desktop\New folder\torrent\SummertimeSaga-0.14.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    add Fishing(bait)
  File "<screen language>", line 381, in <module>
    fish[name].reset()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SummertimeSaga 0.14.5
Is this 0.14.5.2?

And voila! 14.52, start again.....:':)':)'(
14.5.1 and 14.5.2 are compatible.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Guys is just my problem? But when extract the game form the zip, the the version is 14.5.1 not the 14.5.2?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Guys is just my problem? But when extract the game form the zip, the the version is 14.5.1 not the 14.5.2?
Just the zip is renamed, with the internal version kept the same to ensure saves are compatible with 14.5.1. It's not a problem.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes