• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
And?
You are jealous or envious about his revenue?
How much you gain in your work, in each month? If you even work, that is.
Oh wait... I dont care.

View attachment 3610055
Jealous? No

Whom am I to stand between fools and their wish to burn their money

Well you care enough to response. Go cope and seeth in corner. Way it looks games update will not come next 3-4 years.

BobBoober

Feb 3, 2022
What happens to the abandoned tag when an update comes that removes most of the content?
(except for a few more pixels on the left and right)
Will it be removed?
Will the (old) download with more content remain, or will the new SS get its own thread?

In my understanding of fairness, the tag should only be removed when it becomes obvious that it has really been worked on, i.e. with the 2nd tech update at the earliest.

Otherwise, it would mean that it is enough to remove content to remove the abandoned tag - that would be ridiculous.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
What happens to the abandoned tag when an update comes that removes most of the content?
(except for a few more pixels on the left and right)
Will it be removed?
Will the (old) download with more content remain, or will the new SS get its own thread?

In my understanding of fairness, the tag should only be removed when it becomes obvious that it has really been worked on, i.e. with the 2nd tech update at the earliest.

Otherwise, it would mean that it is enough to remove content to remove the abandoned tag - that would be ridiculous.
Forget it,the second the new update is here the tag is gone.
This is a bullshit release to reset everything.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Of course but can talk about it,right?
Is a public forum after all:whistle:
Well, adult only, but public enough :Kappa:

At this point, I'll just wait for that Debbie and Jenny release to see if the whole 16:9 for Android was really worth it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Anyone know if newer scenes will be with sound?
If you mean voice artists - no. If you mean sound effects (squishing, etc) - highly doubtful. There is already background music.
Is a public forum after all
It's not. It's a private forum that the public can read and anyone with an account can post. It is owned by F95 and managed by staff, as well as moderated to enforce the rules they set forth (that said, they've given this thread a lot of leeway for obvious reasons). In reality, they can delete all our posts if they wish, kick us out at any time they wish - for any reason they wish.
Hold on, what's this about the tech update now stripping out most of the content it already had?
That's not what is being said. See #9 here: 77,449 and if you need further clarity, make sure to read the end-of-month report for Apr 2024.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
At this point the "tech update" is basically a full blown remake of the game, to the point that he's releasing a demo of it, which will not actually be the same game as the one currently on this thread. And all just to pacify his angry Patreons and fool F95 into removing the Abandoned tag.

In my opinion that's not how things should be, you might as well just create a new thread for that demo when/if it actually comes out, instead of counting it as a proper update for the game here, which it will not be. But that would also be to DC's benefit so I'd personally just refuse to remove the Abandoned tag as well as refuse to create a new thread until he has more to show for the remake than a goddamn demo as proof of concept for something he's supposedly been cooking up for 3 years that is still gonna use lots of already made assets that have existed for 8 years.

This situation is basically like going from Overwatch to Overwatch 2, with all that time wasted not delivering on the broken promises of what content the game would have. Except that in our case we're even worse off as we're not even getting a second full game, but just a demo instead (that still hasn't come out).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
you might as well just create a new thread for that
I would agree to this, myself.

Until the new version catches up to all the content in the current, both are going to be listed on F95. Listing both in the same thread will cause confusion and a lot of people will ask if they need to install both to play or when they say they are having problems, we'll have to follow up and ask which version are they playing, etc etc etc -- I've seen this happen in several threads with developers who have made separate chapters or little standalones that don't have further content, etc.

Leave this one up for those who are playing the old format and put in the OP that this version will never get an update and put a link to a new thread for Summertime Saga WSE (wide-screen edition).

It will be interesting to see which of the two options F95 will decide.
... just a demo
... proof of concept
I can see why, from your perspective, you would call it a demo since it won't be all the current content in the new version right up front - but instead promised to be parsed out into chunks as they work on bugs and the like. However, calling it demo doesn't offer a full picture, either. It will be playable, it will have content (sounds like the first release will have content that could be considered comparable to what was in the game in the spring of 2017 - maybe more Jenny and Debbie and less Diane at the time, but similar). And proof of concept is far from accurate.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hold up, so your saying the update (that's supposed to add newer content to what the game already has) is going to strip off content which it already has??? :eek:
That's not (quite) what is being said. The tech update was never supposed to add newer content. It is a TECH UPDATE, not a content update. The newer content is supposed to come after the tech update is fully released.

See #9 here: 77,449 and if you need further clarity, make sure to read the end-of-month report for Apr 2024.

Sep 30, 2021
That's not (quite) what is being said. The tech update was never supposed to add newer content. It is a TECH UPDATE, not a content update. The newer content is supposed to come after the tech update is fully released.

See #9 here: 77,449 and if you need further clarity, make sure to read the end-of-month report for Apr 2024.
I think I saw a post stating that the tech update was voted for by DC's patrons. Ain't gonna argue there.

It just feels kinda " my chicken sandwich is being replaced by an updated bread ".

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I think I saw a post stating that the tech update was voted for by DC's patrons. Ain't gonna argue there.

It just feels kinda " my chicken sandwich is being replaced by an updated bread ".
Understood.

Also, the tech update was going to happen - what patrons had a choice between: Tech then R(h)onda or R(h)onda then Tech. And DC thought it would take only 3-4 months, same as a regular update like R(h)onda's...

But then, well, he realized there was a whole lot more that he wanted done in the tech update...
1715059877184.png

MisterMeh

Nov 3, 2020
As I understood it, the game is still going to be as playable it was before the tech update.

The changes will be specifically situated around Debbie, Jenny and their story, adding in the expanded scenes/dialogue etc.

Other scenes, specifically the animated ones not tied to their stories, will be present in the game, but they'll still be in the original aspect ratio, because some of them will be either reworked, or changed entirely, depending on any future story changes. Think of Mia and her story line and how DC says he wants to redo a lot of it.

The rest of the backgrounds should also be in widescreen format throughout the game, but I'm uncertain of the posing for the other characters.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
As I understood it, the game is still going to be as playable it was before the tech update.

The changes will be specifically situated around Debbie, Jenny and their story, adding in the expanded scenes/dialogue etc.

Other scenes, specifically the animated ones not tied to their stories, will be present in the game, but they'll still be in the original aspect ratio, because some of them will be either reworked, or changed entirely, depending on any future story changes. Think of Mia and her story line and how DC says he wants to redo a lot of it.

The rest of the backgrounds should also be in widescreen format throughout the game, but I'm uncertain of the posing for the other characters.
I think you misunderstand, unless you got that from something specifically from DC or one of his team in the past 7 days... it is not going to be a combination of the new version of the game and the old version. It's only going to be the chunk of the tech update that they are going to release...

From his 30 April 2024 Patreon end of month report: The initial Tech Update release will only consist of the main "home" stories (Jenny and Debbie), 1st day at school and minor locations. Despite having the majority of the game converted for the Tech Update, this will be the first "part" of the game to be released publicly.

From his 28 April 2024 Picarto stream: No, no, no. We can't have the old design or the old game part of the new game because it's a completely different framework.

Reactions: astrophel

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It is. Ask yourself why it's never going to happen.
I'll help jog their memory.
If he remakes it, I hope he actually makes incest an option in the options menu or something.
DarkCookie already removed that content in order to stay on Patreon in v0.15.0 – 15 April 2018. He cannot do what you want and still remain on Patreon.

1715069568039.png

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes