• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
The amount of talented artists that seemingly get scammed by programmers into multi-year content delays is too damn high. I get it, their initial code is probably garbage but guess what, it existed and it did something. Who cares how clean and scalable and *insert latest coding fad here* if the code doesn't exist. There's maaaaany games that have absolutely garbage code but no one is complaining because they're playing the game. Celeste is a great example(from an organizational perspective). Great game, great mechanics, 5k line classes though. But no one cares.

Let your sequel be where you implement the lessons you've learned from a system architecture POV.

Summertime Saga, What a Legend, Life in Woodchester, HHG, the list goes on, all stuck behind refactoring projects and programmers who probably have half a youtube tutorials experience behind them and think SOLID and clean code are commandments. I'll take bug riddled games over literally nothing any day of the week.
One does wonder where adult game artists find their coders. Referrals? Discord DM randos? I don't remember DC ever putting out a proper hiring announcement, but he'll suddenly have a new coder and a team full of posers from all across the globe on a moment's notice. I get that there's probably not a fantastic pool of talent out there, but how do we know if any of these people are actually capable of whatever pie-in-the-sky vision the artist cooks up?

BobBoober

Feb 3, 2022
Ok real talk, this thread gets the abandoned tag then what? What would that change?
It will maybe stop or warn some people donating him. There where nearly montly update with a good amount of content when he earned less than 1000$... Now he is a Milionare milking his fans with no updates. I would say 75% of the game was made in the first year. Its time to stop that scam!

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
Maybe this mean that they are starting testing on the new code, or something to start advancing in the infinite 69% in the code tasks

tropicalstorm

Feb 20, 2019
One does wonder where adult game artists find their coders. Referrals? Discord DM randos? I don't remember DC ever putting out a proper hiring announcement, but he'll suddenly have a new coder and a team full of posers from all across the globe on a moment's notice. I get that there's probably not a fantastic pool of talent out there, but how do we know if any of these people are actually capable of whatever pie-in-the-sky vision the artist cooks up?
I'd bet it's unemployed(or employed in some non-related profession) Discord randos that have "portfolios" that if slightly dug into, would be a direct copy/paste of one of the 1000s of YouTube tutorials for everything from websites to games to apps or even GitHub repos. In defense of these game devs, it can be hard to vet programmers without being a professional yourself. These people are willing to take much lower pay while promising a completely unrealistic timeline for what they're proposing so it seems like a win win to both sides. They're completely unaware that they're at the peak of Mt. Stupid in a Dunning Kruger chart.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Aahhaha WTF lie abandoned tag April 30 :ROFLMAO:
Use the "report" link on the OP. Let them know that the game has not seen an update for 18 months. That the dev laid out a 9 month plan for the tech update 2 years ago. that the progress as reported on the Dev's patreon page has been stalled at, approximately, the same percentage for the past 8 months. and then request the abandoned tag until the dev manages to deliver the completed update.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Oh gee. My review was rejected . Guess they didn't like me saying it got a poor rating for no update in 18 months

Edit: interesting .. I got a notification that my review was rejected. But it is there for everyone to see.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Oh .. well .. I can't read .. it wasn't my review that was rejected. It was my report on the thread, asking for the abandoned tag.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I doubt it's going to be that way, but it would be hilarious if this updated android 64 bit/14+ version from last month actually counts as some kind of release under F95's rules. :ROFLMAO:

PS:
It's actually officially online on DC's homepage for some time:

In case someone wants to have fun, submitting it to the mods update this topic may be worth a try :KEK:

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes