Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
This release is 100% about the abandoned tag here,anyone who thinks otherwise are crazy.
he would have released something before now or would have made some official announcement before now about a release actually on the way rather than a chat message mentioning the nebulous "near future."
t9w5ebtmt9a51.jpg

Jun 27, 2018
this guy is making 1m/year. He can hire a full time staff of 20 with that kind of money.
Not decent ones. That would only be $50k per dev ignoring all other costs and existing salaries. And companies often spend 2.5x salary per hire in ongoing costs. 1.5x for a smaller company, likely. Unless he's still raw dogging all of the work without even an LLC to cover his ass, ha.

Since it's a game he can hire people online from 3rd world and still make huge bucks. People who believe this isn't just another patreon milker are delusional. 1 year for a PARTIAL tech update?
I'm sure adding a fat wad of communication difficulties, cultural misunderstandings and trying to code and also train up 20 devs on all the jank they need to understand in the codebase to get in and modify things without stepping on each others toes will help.

Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later - Brooks' Law
not even to mention learning to manage and direct a team beyond a 2-4 independent collaberators would be an entirely new skillset for the dev to master, slowing things down ever more

td;dr: LOL

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I mean, if DC just wanted to prevent a tag, he simply could have released some kind of small easter update 3 weeks ago and that would have been it. Add a (few) new scene(s) with a bunny suit and nobody could have said anything against it.

So if he's releasing a partial tech update now, he's either not actively aware of F95/doesn't care or he's really trolling hard. The latter would be kinda funny, but I honestly suspect it's really just the former.

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
You're childish mocking of me doesn't change the facts.

First, you're relaying far too much importance on F95's abandoned flag. It does nothing, in the scheme of things. DC will still what he do and his patron numbers won't take much of a hit, if any at all. Sure, it will get the flag for here... but that's it. That's all. On a site where well over 90% of the people who download games (and probably closer to 99% of the 7 million) on here have never subscribed to any developer on any platform. The flag does little for DC, good or bad. If he hasn't lost patrons by not putting out an update since 31 October 2022 - he's not going to lose them simply because F95 flags the thread.
View attachment 3568369

Second, I never said "until it's abandoned" because that's not reality. I did say "next week you can request the abandoned flag." Getting the flag and the game actually being 'abandoned' are two different things.

Third, I have been seeing these ideas that DC could roll out an update before then - just to escape the flag. I've seen it from both sides of the argument. That's just a bunch of copium from anyone sharing that thought.

Finally, again, the thread will be eligible for requesting the flag in 7 days. Set a reminder and be one of the first to request it if means that much to you. Because just bitching about it here shows more about you than about the game, the developer, and the thread.
Yeah whatever the tag does not matter that much.

But still you can't tell me that this is not kinda disrespectful towards his patreons to not release anything for more than a year, and it's a tech update, so not really a new storyline..

And don't tell me that all of the patreons are purely supporting him out of kindness, maybe that's your case but I'm sure there are a lot of them that probably wish to make things faster by paying for it.

Also I am not bitching about anything. I don't care that much about an adult game I just like to have some banters here. If DC is making a good living by milking patreon money and not releasing anything then good for him.

At the end of the day it's the people's fault for giving him that much money in the first place. And I'm sure a lot of them just probably forgot about the subscription like many people do for other services (Netflix, Amazon, Twitch...).

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
I mean, if DC just wanted to prevent a tag, he simply could have released some kind of small easter update 3 weeks ago and that would have been it. Add a (few) new scene(s) with a bunny suit and nobody could have said anything against it.

So if he's releasing a partial tech update now, he's either not actively aware of F95/doesn't care or he's really trolling hard. The latter would be kinda funny, but I honestly suspect it's really just the former.
That makes sense, but I don't understand how you find it funny, that DC could release partial tech update after 37 months, when he confidently said it would only take 3-4 months to make the whole thing.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That is, as I understand it, the last update was 2 years ago. So it is not worth downloading the game
If you have played v0.20.16 that was released 18 months ago, then I agree with you. If you have never played the game or hadn't played since 2019/2020 - then you might want to consider if the game looks like something you may be interested in. But what you do is up to you.
95% of games on this website aren't worth downloading, to be honest. Lots of trash on here.
Is that what the 95 in F95 means? ;) :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CUNTBLAZER420
4.20 star(s) 341 Votes