thanosdestroysall

Aug 8, 2023
Most of the post was correct, they just misattributed the source. I wouldn't exactly call that deliberately spreading misinformation. Maybe, if you want to call someone's post out, you should explain the reason you are calling it out for. Or you know, just say, "hey DC said it on Picarto and Discord not Patreon". That way someone, like myself, doesn't mistake you for someone actually spreading misinformation. You cannot be vague and expect everybody to know what you're talking about. Don't post in a way that leaves things up for interpretation and you won't have this problem.
Perhaps my accusation was hyperbolic. I don’t know their intentions after all. And my post was simply stating an error they made. I don’t believe I’m required to explain. I can if someone asks, but being compelled to do it so people don’t think I’m lying seems unnecessary. You can simply ask for clarification instead of just assuming I’m wrong.

Regardless, I’ll make an effort to be less emotive in future posts. Cheers.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
can you please explain me, how can be more than 20k retards paying for a game without an update in more than a year? this is insane, where is their brain?
Simple! they are not paying for a game.

They like the game that Dark Cookie produced and is showing their support by becoming a Patreon. So they are supporting the developer.

hope to see this game get complete
In an interview Dark Cookie said there's no hard ending to the game and content can be added down the road if people wanted it, so the game will only end when Dark Cookie is no longer with us on this mortal plain (even then someone might take over and continue adding content to the game).

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
Simple! they are not paying for a game.

They like the game that Dark Cookie produced and is showing their support by becoming a Patreon. So they are supporting the developer.

In an interview Dark Cookie said there's no hard ending to the game and content can be added down the road if people wanted it, so the game will only end when Dark Cookie is no longer with us on this mortal plain (even then someone might take over and continue adding content to the game).
Honestly, it feels like this is all just smart business. A lot of fans are shelling out money not just to support future updates but to vote on new characters and content. He's clearly tapping into people's eagerness to see more of their favorite characters by monetizing their votes, which is pretty clever when you think about it.

It’s wild how some fans will go to bat for this game no matter what. But let's be real, the last time we saw any exciting new content was back in 2019, and things have kind of spiraled downward since COVID hit.

Of course, he's not about to wrap up the game when it's paying his bills and helping him take care of his kids. Ending the game would cut off a steady flow of Patreon cash.

Still, he could’ve done so much more with the game—expand the stories, beef up other characters, mix in some crossovers, or roll out new spots to explore. The Ren'Py engine isn’t that complex, and this latest tech update doesn’t really add up. Take Monster Girl Dream, for instance. It runs on the same engine and has a whole combat and RPG setup, loads of locations and characters, and keeps things fresh with unique twists. And that’s all being pulled off by just one developer and one writer who make way less money, yet they manage to drop consistent updates without taking years.

So really, what’s stopping Dark Cookie from stepping up his game with all the resources he’s got?

Chaos_Alfa

Dec 21, 2020
its abandoned but F95 does not provide the abandoned tag. Tried to request it various times but was denied.
It's not abandoned, works just going slow. Why this is the case has more merit for discussion.
As game developer the monthly progress reports are too detailed and specific to me for them to be fabricated. Also the order they're tackling certain parts of the project makes sense.

I do have to concede it's frustrating how long it takes, even if I understand the amount of work it takes to redo almost the whole game. I also feel like there have probably been some management failures why it's taking so long.

I don't mind still paying for it, because around 15 euro a year is a pittance, I believe the game will get finished and I get to be kept into the loop.

Last edited:

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
Asked and answered 100's of times already. You're a donor and have had an account here since almost day one of this site (3338th user registered) - you should know how to find answers on this site by now. Scroll back a page or two, search this thread, or read the Game Uploading Rules thread in the forum. (hint, it has to do with developer and communication)

• No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).

So it is abandoned then

AutisticBrotha

Formerly '22oldgamer'
Jun 15, 2021
Darkcookie has a family. Dude is just milking everything he can from the coomers to bring comfort to his loved ones and I can't blame him. With his infamy it would be hard to get the same amount of money from other losers without actually working again. If 90% of the money wasn't going to his pockets he would have hired a couple of competent devs and people to help with the art tid bits, this update would have been released at least 1 year earlier.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes