CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Yeah, DC seems to get that people don't really care for that kind of branching anyway. Personally, I like story branches for replayability, just not when they make me pick between women... XD
compare all non branchig paths with updates that have branching paths.. The difference is Huge.

mom and sis updates were the best because of that. And sis is getting a new one on .18.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Two things from what I gather. 1st being that her story was kind of short and didn't feel too complete, and 2nd being that most of it focused on her mother, so it felt more like a Helen route. Basically it was too small of an update to have a split focus like that.
i wouldnt say Mia story is short(its kinda long considering you have to wait stages that take like 1 entire week without any advance to progress to the next stage),i would rather say it has little content involving Mia like the objective,since most of the story is about trying to make Helen stop to meddle with your relationship with Mia....you were there,trying to prove yourself to be THE GUY to her parents,witnessed the problems they had thanks Helen fanatism,saw her parents break up,and them she asks you to fix their relation and there's come the chokerpoint,here you decide if you began this story for Mia or for Helen,becuz after that point,is all about Helen(you already know her,but since the game stops the development with Mia,you begin to see more motives to like Helen),and after all your work and time wasted,you get to choose Helen or Mia...in the end,Mia story doesnt serve to develop her character,it serves to develop her parents story and background,and that's kinda a bummer,Roxxy's story that is just as long as Mia story develop all the characters involved with her,and makes you feel like you acomplished something,even the teachers story,who is way shorter than Mia and Roxxy's story,manage to make you feel like you did acomplished something...however you cannot really say that for Mia story,after all the shit you have to do,the only thing you can feel after that is the feeling of being an overworked mule,a total tool....

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Lmao, the problem isn't branching but people like you here and on Patreon who are so impatient and annoy DC and the other team members so much they kinda lose motivation and focus. This results in pushed releases, oh surprise it will be bad.

Mmmh, the good old phrase about looking in the mirror and touching your own nose...bless that guy who came up with that first. <3
i dont really think people criticism could be a real problem to DC anytime soon,they already survived patreon BS,and managed to survive the incest crusade,and got even more funds after the thing that could have ended them(after all,the incest involved on the everlastin cycle of Debbie,Diane and Jennywas the biggest motive for the game gain a lot of funding),they even used some of those critics that came on the shitstorm of the teachers update and improved a nice lot,making people care and create interest for other characters,and finnaly giving some variety to the polls,now they are there,as strong as ever,and you say this is their problem?it could have been,back at update 12,maybe until update 14,but now,not only the are big enough to survive the shitstorms,they can even take something positive from them...their only problems now are the bottleneck on the art sector(which is comprehensible),and part of the speed with they do coding and program(which could b solved with more personel,but the problem of managing a bigger team could cost even more unecessary effort,if made without enough planning)...all in all,people here or even on their patreon couldnt influence on the result,unless they gone to DC house to harass him,them they could really affect his progress,SS is big already,bigger than a lot of projects,it will be hard to a bunch of haters to kill it with some BS throw randonmly...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
i wouldnt say Mia story is short(its kinda long considering you have to wait stages that take like 1 entire week without any advance to progress to the next stage),i would rather say it has little content involving Mia like the objective,since most of the story is about trying to make Helen stop to meddle with your relationship with Mia....you were there,trying to prove yourself to be THE GUY to her parents,witnessed the problems they had thanks Helen fanatism,saw her parents break up,and them she asks you to fix their relation and there's come the chokerpoint,here you decide if you began this story for Mia or for Helen,becuz after that point,is all about Helen(you already know her,but since the game stops the development with Mia,you begin to see more motives to like Helen),and after all your work and time wasted,you get to choose Helen or Mia...in the end,Mia story doesnt serve to develop her character,it serves to develop her parents story and background,and that's kinda a bummer,Roxxy's story that is just as long as Mia story develop all the characters involved with her,and makes you feel like you acomplished something,even the teachers story,who is way shorter than Mia and Roxxy's story,manage to make you feel like you did acomplished something...however you cannot really say that for Mia story,after all the shit you have to do,the only thing you can feel after that is the feeling of being an overworked mule,a total tool....
Yeah, most of it was focused around Helen, and while waiting a week is time consuming, it's not what I consider 'content'. In fact, that can actually cause a lot of problems, by multitasking story arcs, we run the risk of breaking things, such as when so many people had trouble getting Jenny's diary to trigger or Judith to appear in the park. Yeah, the only thing you really accomplish with Mia's route is keeping her parents together and sex. There was also the having to choose aspect, which disappointed a lot of us too, next to naming the cat, it's the hardest choice in the game (I also feel bad for Yumi not getting any action if you keep her parents together :winkytongue:, in a lot of ways, the Helen route is better for everyone, but they might not see it right away). Mrs. Johnson's is not that difficult to choose, even while having more options. XD

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Yeah, most of it was focused around Helen, and while waiting a week is time consuming, it's not what I consider 'content'. In fact, that can actually cause a lot of problems, by multitasking story arcs, we run the risk of breaking things, such as when so many people had trouble getting Jenny's diary to trigger or Judith to appear in the park. Yeah, the only thing you really accomplish with Mia's route is keeping her parents together and sex. There was also the having to choose aspect, which disappointed a lot of us too, next to naming the cat, it's the hardest choice in the game (I also feel bad for Yumi not getting any action if you keep her parents together :winkytongue:, in a lot of ways, the Helen route is better for everyone, but they might not see it right away). Mrs. Johnson's is not that difficult to choose, even while having more options. XD
well,Helen is the better option for now cuz you kinda participate on the choice,her story develops(and you participate on that development)when Mia story stops,the development on Mia character is suspended,she doesnt get bolder after you give her support,she makes her tatoo as her first independent step,and after her mom intervene,she just stops trying to make herself being recognized,its like our Cavemen friend just said some time ago,Mia have the potential of being a great character,but that potential was brielfy shown in her story,and didnt was explored anymore....i feel some pain for her(she is like Gohan in DBZ,well,i have more faith on DC that i have on Toriyama at least),since Judith suffers the same problem(and in Judith's case,the only ones to blame are the people who vote on updates,since even DC already gave a nice sample of the glow she can have on her update)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
well,Helen is the better option for now cuz you kinda participate on the choice,her story develops(and you participate on that development)when Mia story stops,the development on Mia character is suspended,she doesnt get bolder after you give her support,she makes her tatoo as her first independent step,and after her mom intervene,she just stops trying to make herself being recognized,its like our Cavemen friend just said some time ago,Mia have the potential of being a great character,but that potential was brielfy shown in her story,and didnt was explored anymore....i feel some pain for her(she is like Gohan in DBZ,well,i have more faith on DC that i have on Toriyama at least),since Judith suffers the same problem(and in Judith's case,the only ones to blame are the people who vote on updates,since even DC already gave a nice sample of the glow she can have on her update)
Agreed, sadly, all too real of a way to go. I had always hoped that she would get more when we got to the prom update, but after seeing what can be done with Roxxy, I am excited to see what he does. As you said, there was a lot of potential there, but ...nothing. It felt like half a story, ending just when we reached the climax.
This would be a perfect place for a choice, if you choose her, you could keep her as the 'good girl' with a bit of a rebellious steak, or turn her into a rebel with a heart of gold. Or if you go the Helen route, you could ignore her, or bring her into the cult of peni-... er I mean personality, yeah, that's it, THAT'S what I was going to say! :angel:

Reactions: seraphimd2

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Are there any spoilers available that are not shown in the picarto recordings? Just can't wait...
but it's worth it ? at the end the more you see the more you do not have a sense of surprise, among other things we are talking about updates that last for a couple of hours (maybe even less)

(Sorry my english)

Reactions: TheDevian

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
When it comes to Mia it's important to see her update within the context of the time it was released. DC still did way smaller updates of ~50 days and was planning to release the dating system with Mia as first girl soon after. I'm pretty sure the plan was more or less to broadly finish Helen's story (I'd guess she'll get some more content but most of her story should be done) and then focus on Mia in the next update. That of course didn't happen but I wouldn't really blame anyone for it. It was a normal "first" update at the time.

Now we've got almost double the time between releases which means that we get twice the content and thus much more complete updates.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
When it comes to Mia it's important to see her update within the context of the time it was released. DC still did way smaller updates of ~50 days and was planning to release the dating system with Mia as first girl soon after. I'm pretty sure the plan was more or less to broadly finish Helen's story (I'd guess she'll get some more content but most of her story should be done) and then focus on Mia in the next update. That of course didn't happen but I wouldn't really blame anyone for it. It was a normal "first" update at the time.

Now we've got almost double the time between releases which means that we get twice the content and thus much more complete updates.
That is one of the reasons I am happy to see the longer updates. The end result proves it is worth it.

zaimokuza

Sep 1, 2017
Fvck, after grinding for six hours, I was hit with the fvcking infinite loops.
1. Pom-pom in the teacher's room, whenever I came out of the locker the notification to hide would always come out.
2. After collecting the five materials for the physics teacher, whenever I talked to her, the dialogue was always the moment I gave her those materials.
3. After taking shower with Mom, when she offered to sleep together, the dialogue would keep cycling whenever I passed hallway.
4. After taking shower with and sister, when she was angry somehow the dialogue she usually said when she caught us playing with her PC was mixed in.
5. and so so so on....

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
I remember that with the update of Roxxy he takes 3 weeks to go from 60% to 80% (maybe even something more), in addition there is also a week of Bug Test

(Sorry my english)

Reactions: Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
Fvck, after grinding for six hours, I was hit with the fvcking infinite loops.
1. Pom-pom in the teacher's room, whenever I came out of the locker the notification to hide would always come out.
2. After collecting the five materials for the physics teacher, whenever I talked to her, the dialogue was always the moment I gave her those materials.
3. After taking shower with Mom, when she offered to sleep together, the dialogue would keep cycling whenever I passed hallway.
4. After taking shower with and sister, when she was angry somehow the dialogue she usually said when she caught us playing with her PC was mixed in.
5. and so so so on....
You should probably also take your issues to the walkthrough thread. Sounds to me like you probably had too many quests active at once though.

ThatoneblacKKKid

Mar 27, 2018
Is there anyway I can download the game on my iPhone, I no longer have android and wish to continue playing the game. Great game btw really fun and addictive.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes