VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
With Steam opening the floodgates for adult games with penetration I wonder if Dark Cookie should put the game on Steam Early Access.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Most likely gonna be released in November...was expecting it to be at least at 70% by now.

I stopped being a patron last month cause I don't see any major improvements that justify it taking so long and me paying 10$ for it. Sure the quests are slightly longer and we have good animations but that was good for 0.15 when they made 25k$, they've been making 30-40k$ since then and the speed and quality is only marginally better.

It's one month too slow. They definitely have enough money to hire more people (they only really need one more artist and coder, I've asked DC months ago) and increase the speed to a release every 2 months but they haven't done anything about it which shows that it's not a priority.

I hate to say it but it's at these times that you need a producer/manager to push the studio forward, direct the team and hire people. I've asked DC multiple times if he's going to hire people and he's told me every time that he hasn't gotten to it.

No offence to DC, he really cares about the quality of the game and I appreciate that but he has to get some more people to help him out ASAP. I'll become a patron again when this gets fixed otherwise it's not worth it to give my money if they don't know how to properly put it to use. Hope this rework proves me wrong and is worth 4 months of wait.
i can understand what you mean,in my line of work,if i dont deliver my work in time,i can get discounts on my paycheck or even get fired,its my obligation tp deliver my translations and correct texts in time,and i need to do my part to make my publisher have gains and pay us fairly, i stopped funding DC for the exact same motive(that,and the fact that everytime people vote on an update that does not involve Judith),i'm waiting to see how he will improve his pace before throwing my money at him again,i'm brazilian,10 dolars given to him are 40 to 50 reais i could have used to buy food for home....i've used to fund him and Gabe,cuz i love LOQO,but now i only fund Gabe....i still like his work,and i'm glad as fuck that he is still improving,but i'm still waiting to see if it will be worth funding him again....

Reactions: TheDevian

kryomatik

Feb 15, 2018
Android version won't install. Anyone know why? If this is not the thread for this kind of question, just ignore me lol. And yes I have enough space.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
Yeah but don't forget they still do 1-2 weeks of QA and need to wait another 1-2 weeks for the freelance animator to animate the scenes.
well,we can hope for DC to have the nice idea of giving the sketches for the animator as soon as possible,instead of wait to close all his part and the posing to ONLY them send it for animations

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah but don't forget they still do 1-2 weeks of QA and need to wait another 1-2 weeks for the freelance animator to animate the scenes.
Yup, and 7 more pieces of art, and the animator will have everything, and is likely working on the other parts now. And for the record, the estimation is 'around Halloween', not 'by Halloween', early November is still within range. We will just have to see what happens as the art finishes up, and they move on to the coding.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
I would like faster updates as well, but to be honest it's not something I care about too much. They are doing an amazing job with the game. They're making big money, but I can't blame DC for not rushing into hiring a big team, in his place I would be scared to see how huge the project has become and having little to no clue how to manage things. But yeah, I totally understand why some people stop funding, they are making enough money for what they are doing right now.

All I care is updates being as good as the last one. I remember being mildly disappointed (although still better than most games) with some earlier updates, like Mia route being next to nothing in terms of sexual content (thankfully for me I'm 100 times more into Helen).

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
I would like faster updates as well, but to be honest it's not something I care about too much. They are doing an amazing job with the game. They're making big money, but I can't blame DC for not rushing into hiring a big team, in his place I would be scared to see how huge the project has become and having little to no clue how to manage things. But yeah, I totally understand why some people stop funding, they are making enough money for what they are doing right now.

All I care is updates being as good as the last one. I remember being mildly disappointed (although still better than most games) with some earlier updates, like Mia route being next to nothing in terms of sexual content (thankfully for me I'm 100 times more into Helen).
same my thought, I prefer to wait something more rather to have an update like that of Mia and Helen (few sex scenes, few positions, few intriguing situations)

if I had to make a realistic prediction I would say that the 0.17 will come out in November, to finish the artistic part it takes at least another two weeks (even if it is 82% this is the phase where the closer it gets to the end and slows down, at least seeing the history of past updates), then another two weeks for animations and code and finally a week of bug tests

(Sorry my english )

Summers Saga Set

Oct 3, 2018
Everyone wants new material.. yet.. there is more there already than I have seen anyone even "walkthrough" or even mention, such as my avatar pic. No one tells you how to get that, I just hit it by checking her room before the dinner of fish...(no sex scene but.. the commentary leads me to wonder about getting her new ones, because she thinks you will wear her others out) So, that and things I have not seen others talk about such as the never having to stop the "panty slide" and the different comments and shots... I think there is way more in there than everyone is aware of.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Everyone wants new material.. yet.. there is more there already than I have seen anyone even "walkthrough" or even mention, such as my avatar pic. No one tells you how to get that, I just hit it by checking her room before the dinner of fish...(no sex scene but.. the commentary leads me to wonder about getting her new ones, because she thinks you will wear her others out) So, that and things I have not seen others talk about such as the never having to stop the "panty slide" and the different comments and shots... I think there is way more in there than everyone is aware of.
For newer players maybe. But people who have been here for a long time and following the developement fairly closely knows every little scene I'm sure. There's always the follow up days after an unpdate drop when everyone shares information and details too. And the scene of your avatar I would say is almost impossible to miss, who wouldn't go back into the room when you know she's changing clothes?

I don't know about walkthroughs though, this is one of these games where I never had the need of one.

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
Most likely gonna be released in November...was expecting it to be at least at 70% by now.

I stopped being a patron last month cause I don't see any major improvements that justify it taking so long and me paying 10$ for it. Sure the quests are slightly longer and we have good animations but that was good for 0.15 when they made 25k$, they've been making 30-40k$ since then and the speed and quality is only marginally better. There isn't enough content in the updates to last the 4 months of downtime/dev time in between the updates.

It's one month too slow. They definitely have enough money to hire more people (they only really need one more artist and coder, I've asked DC months ago) and increase the speed to a release every 2 months but they haven't done anything about it which shows that it's not a priority.

I hate to say it but it's at these times that you need a producer/manager to push the studio forward, direct the team and hire people. I've asked DC multiple times if he's going to hire people and he's told me every time that he hasn't gotten to it.

No offence to DC, he really cares about the quality of the game and I appreciate that but he has to get some more people to help him out ASAP. I'll become a patron again when this gets fixed otherwise it's not worth it to give my money if they don't know how to properly put it to use. Hope this rework proves me wrong and is worth 4 months of wait.
I mentioned the exact same thing after the teachers update. That the content was not adequate for such a long downtime and I got a lot of salt for saying that from people all over! I wasn't really complaining nor am I now, since I am not his patron, I feel I don't have the right to complain. But the fact still remains that there are developers out there who deliver right on time with no team and far less funding. DC, with a decent team and such a good patreon base should be able to get more work done in far less time but hey, that's just my opinion.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
DC, with a decent team and such a good patreon base should be able to get more work done in far less time but hey, that's just my opinion.
The problem remains the same for almost a year now. It's all about the fact that the game is drawn and that there isn't an artist to do the work next to DC. He hired someone for the backgrounds but those are already done as far as I'm aware. DC seems to be looking semi actively but I can still really understand that he doesn't want to hand over that drawing part to "just anybody" since that's certainly 75% of what actually makes the game so good.

That's why SS is quite different compared to other games where you can just hand the render models to somebody and share the work. As long as that somebody is remotely competent it's going to work. Sadly that can't be said for rather detailed drawn art where even small inconsistencies will show immediately.

Since DC is doing nothing else but drawing (the financial stuff, coding, posing, writing, animations, homepage etc. is done by other members) the only speed up will happen if he risks hiring another artist and all the drawbacks that come along with that.

Of course he could start releasing "normal" monthly updates but when he did that people complained as well saying the content wasn't good enough. I mean, there are still people complaining how bad Mia's update is....

So in short: The pace won't improve, no matter if people pledge the intended $25.000 DC put out as a goal, $50.000 or $60.000 a month, unless DC decides to share the drawing. I personally don't blame him for not doing so but I guess opinions may differ.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The pace will improve even if he doesn't hire another artists and just gets more posers/coders.
No, all that would have changed with more coders is that we would have gotten each update a few weeks earlier but the time between each update wouldn't change. So instead of april, july, "november" and so on it would have been march, june, october and so on. At least to me that's not a change of pace except that initial one month.

There simply is no "downtime". The day DC finishes to draw the art for one update, he starts drawing for the next one, no matter what the coders and others do. If there are three weeks of coding between DC finishing the art and the release of the update, all that does is giving DC three weeks of a headstart for the next update. No time is lost. The overall amount of updates/content per year is only limited by the amount of things DC can draw.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Good point, I forgot he kept going. They would produce higher quality with more coders and writers, not quantity as I thought. So now we're back to the main argument: he's not hiring anyone to help him draw or anyone to help him find someone who can draw and speed things up (manager or producer) so there's no point in giving him any more money. His priorities seem to obviously be:

1. Work on the next update
2. Work on small bits of the update after the next
3. Create more story for the updates in the far future
4. Look to hire another artists

Priority #4 should be #2

The fans want more but can't do anything about it cause it's all up to DC and it creates frustration. I get that it's hard finding someone who can draw the art properly but it's not impossible, pretty sure that even a high level artist is willing to work on a lewd game for a 5k-6k$ monthly paycheck.

And the only solutions seem to be to stop giving him money, rant and criticize to get more people on board hope the decrease in pay motivates him to do something about the problem and wait.

PS: you can tell I'm mad for giving him so much money lol but that's my fault I guess
I seriously seriously doubt that an income decrease would make him hire anyone or react at all. He's making way more than what he wanted and needed. He would only react if there was a HUGE drop on the income, and even then I don't think his reaction would be to hire someone, because if that happend it would probably not be because of update times. There has been speculation on people stop pledging for whatever reason a few times already, and not only it never happened but instead they got more income.

Poeple like the game, the streams, the transparency of the progress, the comunication with the fans, etc. Most people will only stop pledging the day the game becomes shit, and that seems pretty improbable.

So, I totally understand people who stop pledging because they are making more than enough, and I understand people who slightly complains they want faster updates. But wild rants and shitstorms that usually come when the update is close, I don't get that. It accomplishes nothing.

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
With Steam opening the floodgates for adult games with penetration I wonder if Dark Cookie should put the game on Steam Early Access.
If he does that I'm reasonably certain he'd never be able to change Debbie, Jenny and Diane's roles back to what they were, if you get my meaning.

Also, putting the game on Early Access means people will only pay for it once. Keeping it on Patreon allows people to continue paying for it monthly.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes