Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I install game and this mod, and when I start the game, its said mod txt file missing. What should I do?
You need to install exactly as described in the first post. If the file "Naughty Tribute Mod Readme.txt" is not located inside the "<Summertime Saga>\game" folder, you will get an error.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Have you ever thought about giving bush to Roxxy Missy and Becca. No other mod does it and I find the idea of preppy popular girls hiding a forest really hot
Of course I thought of it, but at the moment I would rather wait for the tech update for such deeper modifications, and for the girls being moved to the new rig sytem. Otherwise most of it would likely have to be remade.

Reactions: BPLydia

clwd008

Feb 3, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/first_floor/right_hallway/assembly_hall/assembly_hall.rpy", line 18, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 89, in script
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/first_floor/right_hallway/assembly_hall/assembly_hall.rpy", line 18, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/school_hall.rpy", line 222, in script call
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 89, in script
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 89, in <module>
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 354, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 266, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
Exception: Could not set video mode.

Save 1-4 gets this error: Could not set video mode.

While save 1-1 gets out of memory error. How can I fix this? Thank you.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

While running game code:
$ game.main()
$ game.main()
$ game.main()
$ game.main()
$ game.main()
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/bedroom.rpy", line 89, in <module>
$ game.main()
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 354, in main
player.location.call_screen(*call_screen_args)
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 266, in call_screen
renpy.call_screen("ui")
Exception: Could not set video mode.

Save 1-4 gets this error: Could not set video mode.

While save 1-1 gets out of memory error. How can I fix this? Thank you.
Well, that is not a problem of the mod but a combination of the original game's save mechanism and renpy garbage collection. In short, your saves are too big (over 4 Megabytes each). A normal Summertime Saga save has about 300 to 500 Kilobytes.

Problem is that when you load a save and save immediately after, the new save becomes 2 Megabytes larger. If you load that new save and save immediately again, it will become 2 Megabytes larger again, this time adding up to the size your saves have.

If a save becomes too large (there is no exact number, but everything above 4 Megabytes is critical), the game may crash on load with an out-of-memory error or other strange things that you observe.

The only strategy against that is to not save immediately after loading a save, but to spend some ingame time (talking to characters, sleeping, doing stuff) and save only then. You will see that the save will eventually become normal size (after three in-game days or talking to three persons as a rule of thumb).

The newest version of the Naughty Tribute mod checks the size of the saves you load or create and warns you if they are larger than 3 Megabytes. Do only load such a large save if there is no other option (e.g. you have no smaller save). If you save and the created save is too large, don't use that save but spend some in-game time and save again later.

Now to your saves: I managed to shrink the first one (1-1) to about 2.3 Megabytes, which should be OK. The second (1-4) will not go below 4.6 Megabytes I fear. However, both saves can be loaded on my machine, so maybe you can go with those. But I fear that they got seriously damaged (especially the second one) because of the out-of-memory I mentioned.

You should save often and in different slots so that you can have a fallback, and follow the advise I gave above.

Mich07

Feb 17, 2019

While parsing /home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/game/scripts/characters/consuela/scene/blowjob.rpy.
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa1' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/script.py", line 763, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/script.py", line 612, in load_file
self.static_transforms(stmts)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/script.py", line 560, in static_transforms
renpy.translation.restructure(stmts)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 339, in restructure
Restructurer(children)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 224, in __init__
self.callback(children)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 311, in callback
i.restructure(self.callback)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 868, in restructure
callback(self.block)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 315, in callback
tl = self.create_translate(group)
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 266, in create_translate
code = i.get_code()
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 664, in get_code
rv.append(self.arguments.get_code())
File "/home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 206, in get_code
l.append("{}={}".format(keyword, expression))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa1' in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Linux-5.10.16-arch1-1-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Tue Feb 16 05:36:36 2021

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Some more details about when the error occurs would have been nice.

Do you use a community translation? Does the error also occur in the unmodded game? Do you use other mods?

Mich07

Feb 17, 2019
Some more details about when the error occurs would have been nice.

Do you use a community translation? Does the error also occur in the unmodded game? Do you use other mods?
Only yours, I spend 3 hours on that.
Deleting files seems to fix.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Only yours, I spend 3 hours on that.
Deleting files seems to fix.
And you are playing in English without translation? What OS, what device? And the question remains: what do you do to get the error?

Last edited:

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
I only ask, but it's possible to give the female some sexy stocking's wearing daily????? Over that, nice work man, keep going....

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I only ask, but it's possible to give the female some sexy stocking's wearing daily????? Over that, nice work man, keep going....
That would definitly be nice, but in fact impossible because it would mean to re-do all the images in every position and situation, for all the girls. That would make the mod size explode, not to mention the work that would mean...

Reactions: 4Finger

Jaegerr

Jun 28, 2018
Sorry guys but i don't understand how to install this mod. Someone can help me,please?
If you can explain me exactly how to do it,beacause i don't understand.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.7-2.21 (Game Overrides)=
Game overrides.jpg

Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod 0.20.7-2.23=

Tribute mod.jpg

In the map overrides make a map you name with you want....
00 and game overrides.jpg
In that you move this you don't want have in the game.... That what i do.... Hope you understand how you do...

Mich07

Feb 17, 2019
And you are playing in English without translation? What OS, what device? And the question remains: what do you do to get the error?
English without translation. I like raw.
The error? At startup.
At first, I didn't had any audio and I was searching the issue.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Sorry guys but i don't understand how to install this mod. Someone can help me,please?
If you can explain me exactly how to do it,beacause i don't understand.
Well, it is explained in detail in the first post of this thread. I fear no better explanation can be given. Just follow the description to the letter.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
English without translation. I like raw.
The error? At startup.
At first, I didn't had any audio and I was searching the issue.
I am sorry but I can't support linux. I know the game runs under Ubuntu, Android and MacOS. If you have problems with ascii conversion, this is unique to your environment. The code u'\xa1' the error message mentions seems to indicate the spanish inverse exclamation mark "¡".

Maybe it's something with your machine's code page. Can you try to explicitly convert the file /home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/game/scripts/characters/consuela/scene/blowjob.rpy into utf-8 format with some magic linux tool?

Mich07

Feb 17, 2019
I am sorry but I can't support linux. I know the game runs under Ubuntu, Android and MacOS. If you have problems with ascii conversion, this is unique to your environment. The code u'\xa1' the error message mentions seems to indicate the spanish inverse exclamation mark "¡".

Maybe it's something with your machine's code page. Can you try to explicitly convert the file /home/maxime/Downloads/SummertimeSaga-0-20-7-pc/game/scripts/characters/consuela/scene/blowjob.rpy into utf-8 format with some magic linux tool?
Some magic linux tool? Hmm okay.
I could probably try that.
For linux, at first, I was trying to run the game with WINE (windows emulator).
But Wine was not working too, I don't know if this could work right now because files are removed.

clwd008

Feb 3, 2020
Well, that is not a problem of the mod but a combination of the original game's save mechanism and renpy garbage collection. In short, your saves are too big (over 4 Megabytes each). A normal Summertime Saga save has about 300 to 500 Kilobytes.

Problem is that when you load a save and save immediately after, the new save becomes 2 Megabytes larger. If you load that new save and save immediately again, it will become 2 Megabytes larger again, this time adding up to the size your saves have.

If a save becomes too large (there is no exact number, but everything above 4 Megabytes is critical), the game may crash on load with an out-of-memory error or other strange things that you observe.

The only strategy against that is to not save immediately after loading a save, but to spend some ingame time (talking to characters, sleeping, doing stuff) and save only then. You will see that the save will eventually become normal size (after three in-game days or talking to three persons as a rule of thumb).

The newest version of the Naughty Tribute mod checks the size of the saves you load or create and warns you if they are larger than 3 Megabytes. Do only load such a large save if there is no other option (e.g. you have no smaller save). If you save and the created save is too large, don't use that save but spend some in-game time and save again later.

Now to your saves: I managed to shrink the first one (1-1) to about 2.3 Megabytes, which should be OK. The second (1-4) will not go below 4.6 Megabytes I fear. However, both saves can be loaded on my machine, so maybe you can go with those. But I fear that they got seriously damaged (especially the second one) because of the out-of-memory I mentioned.

You should save often and in different slots so that you can have a fallback, and follow the advise I gave above.
Thank you so much!
FYI, I tried to spend 2 weeks in-game time, talking and doing things. But the save size keeps increasing.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thank you so much!
FYI, I tried to spend 2 weeks in-game time, talking and doing things. But the save size keeps increasing.
It is not normal that save sizes increase if you do not save immediately after loading a save. Even if you get a larger save in between it should shrink with time passing by. But your saves seem to have become corrupted somehow.

Do you use other mods?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

to shorten the wait for the new game version, I updated the mod.

Version 0.20.7-2.24:
  • Introduce talking animations phonetically synchronized with text lines. Works best for English language, and the optional German translation pack. Details see in the Community Translation section.
    • For technical reasons, this works only with the newer scenes using the new rig system.
    • Parameter TALKING changed and does now control the speed of the talking animation, no longer the smoothiness.
  • Further improvement of alternative screenshot names (parameter ALTSCREENSHOTS).
  • Finally: Added F5/F9 as shortcuts for quicksave/quickload. Should have done that long ago...
  • Changing language settings does only require a restart if the language is actually changed.
I hope you like the new talking animation. Nothing naughty, really, but something fun to be made ;)

And the quicksave/quickload feature might prove nice to some...

Enjoy!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hentai0052

Mich07

Feb 17, 2019
And, not related about my other problem.
But I don't know if the screenshots key is related to your mod?
If yes, you need to change << S >> or make a way for disabling it.
Because that break a minigame.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes