Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Installed the mod but when transitioning through scenes the game goes into a black screen. Game works fine without the mod. Android
Some more details would be helpful. What do you mean with "transitioning through scenes"? Does the screen stay black or comes it back eventually?

What device/Android version do you have?

Can you try the LEGACY_ANIMATIONS setting to see if that helps?

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
Some more details would be helpful. What do you mean with "transitioning through scenes"? Does the screen stay black or comes it back eventually?

What device/Android version do you have?

Can you try the LEGACY_ANIMATIONS setting to see if that helps?
Yeah sorry, when going through the scenes after the funeral prologue and are in the starting room, the main character starts blinking and then the screen goes black and stays that way. I tried the legacy_animations setting but didn't work. I use a tablet with android 10.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah sorry, when going through the scenes after the funeral prologue and are in the starting room, the main character starts blinking and then the screen goes black and stays that way. I tried the legacy_animations setting but didn't work. I use a tablet with android 10.
And the game runs fine without the mod installed?

If with "starts blinking" you mean the blinking eyes animation... Try parameters BLINKING, BREATHING and TALKING = 0. Also set the LEGACY_ANIMATIONS = 1.

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
And the game runs fine without the mod installed?

If with "starts blinking" you mean the blinking eyes animation... Try parameters BLINKING, BREATHING and TALKING = 0. Also set the LEGACY_ANIMATIONS = 1.
I changed the parameters, but it didn't work.
And yes the game played fine on its own.
Also by tablet I mean a Samsung galaxy tab s7
Also, not sure if its helpful, but the mods presplash.png never appears

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I changed the parameters, but it didn't work.
And yes the game played fine on its own.
Also by tablet I mean a Samsung galaxy tab s7
Also, not sure if its helpful, but the mods presplash.png never appears
OK, I know first hand that this works on Samsung Galaxy S7 (without tab) and S20, Android 8 to 11. So I am quite confident we will bring this to work. And the presplash.png never shows on Android, it's a Windows only thing.
  1. First, please make absolutly sure that you downloaded the most recent and official versions of both game and mod.
  2. Make a backup of your saves and the persistent file.
  3. Go to Android settings for Summertime Saga and delete both cache and data.
  4. Uninstall Summertime Saga.
  5. Re-boot your tab.
  6. Install Summertime Saga. Install only the game, no mods, no translations no nothing else.
  7. Run the game and verify it works. Play through the first day (first time visit Erik, School, Eve, Diane, gardening minigame, overhear Diane's phone call etc.). Go to sleep. Make a save at this point in his room after MC woke up and finished dressing. Go to the main town map directly (using the map icon) and make another save there. Leave the game.
  8. Now install the mod. Follow the instructions carefully, to the letter. Install nothing else.
  9. Run the game. Verify that the "Naughty Tribute Mod version ..." line is visible in the bottom of the main menu.
  10. Load your save. A warning may appear that it could not be loaded normally, dismiss that. You may solve that later with the LOAD_ERRORHANDLING parameter.
See if you can play now. If yes, report back here, please. If not, go to settings and disable the mod with the DISABLE_MOD parameter, try again. This disables the mod as if it was not installed and should work, but, certainly, without mod features. Report back here the results.

Last edited:

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
OK, I know first hand that this works on Samsung Galaxy S7 (without tab) and S20, Android 8 to 11. So I am quite confident we will bring this to work. And the presplash.png never shows on Android, it's a Windows only thing.
  1. First, please make absolutly sure that you downloaded the most recent and official versions of both game and mod.
  2. Make a backup of your saves and the persistent file.
  3. Go to Android settings for Summertime Saga and delete both cache and data.
  4. Uninstall Summertime Saga.
  5. Re-boot your tab.
  6. Install Summertime Saga. Install only the game, no mods, no translations no nothing else.
  7. Run the game and verify it works. Play through the first day (first time visit Erik, School, Eve, Diane, gardening minigame, overhear Diane's phone call etc.). Go to sleep. Make a save at this point in his room after MC woke up and finished dressing. Go to the main town map directly (using the map icon) and make another save there. Leave the game.
  8. Now install the mod. Follow the instructions carefully, to the letter. Install nothing else.
  9. Run the game. Verify that the "Naughty Tribute Mod version ..." line is visible in the bottom of the main menu.
  10. Load your save. A warning may appear that it could not be loaded normally, dismiss that. You may solve that later with the LOAD_ERRORHANDLING parameter.
See if you can play now. If yes, report back here, please. If not, go to settings and disable the mod with the DISABLE_MOD parameter, try again. This disables the mod as if it was not installed and should work, but, certainly, without mod features. Report back here the results.
I did all you said, and when I loaded back into the save after installing the mod it worked for a bit then went into a black screen again. However the background noises were still there and I found out I can save the game while still in the black screen, load that save and continue playing for a bit before it happens again. Meaning the game is running I just can't see anything, I guess.
Then I disabled the mod and it worked fine again.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I did all you said, and when I loaded back into the save after installing the mod it worked for a bit then went into a black screen again. However the background noises were still there and I found out I can save the game while still in the black screen, load that save and continue playing for a bit before it happens again. Meaning the game is running I just can't see anything, I guess.
Then I disabled the mod and it worked fine again.
That's very strange and I never heard that happening. Do you have Android battery saving disabled for the game? The mod does many things, but it does not say: "Hey, just display a black screen after three minutes!" or so...

How much memory does the device have?

Last edited:

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
That's very strange and I never heard that happening. Do you have Android battery saving disabled for the game? The mod does many things, but it does not say: "Hey, just display a black screen after three minutes!" or so...

How much memory does the device have?
The memory is around 3gb and the battery saver was never on.
Also I do not have an SD card, I ignored that step in the installation instruction.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Can you try with parameter DAYCYCLE = 0?

Edit: Please give the game one more try with the attached config file, replacing the existing Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt in the game folder. Also, please delete the three rpyb files in the game/cache folder.

Last edited:

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
Can you try with parameter DAYCYCLE = 0?

Edit: Please give the game one more try with the attached config file, replacing the existing Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt in the game folder. Also, please delete the three rpyb files in the game/cache folder.
Sorry, can't find the cache folder with the rpyb files. I have had to create a game folder because it never appeared even when starting up the game.
So the only contents are what the mod contains.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Sorry, can't find the cache folder with the rpyb files. I have had to create a game folder because it never appeared even when starting up the game.
So the only contents are what the mod contains.
OK, the cache folder seems to be in the game's private area and not accessible from outside on Android. In that case, ignore that part but use the attached config only, and check if it works better this time.

Leaveleaf

Dec 17, 2020
OK, the cache folder seems to be in the game's private area and not accessible from outside on Android. In that case, ignore that part but use the attached config only, and check if it works better this time.
Thanks for the help but no change, it's obviously something wrong with my device.
The black screen pops up and the game stays for a bit in the background, but then crashes.
Unless there is anything else you can think of, I'm fine with letting it go.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the help but no good, it's obviously something wrong with my device. Unless there is anything else you can think of, I'm fine with letting it go.
Sorry to hear that, I take this issue as a personal challenge but unfortunately I am out of ideas now...

Thanks for trying all this, at least it shows that the issue is somewhere else. All I can think of is some device specific setting like screen refresh rate or maybe third-party apps, but I never heard of such things influencing the mod.

Maybe one thing: if you connect the device to a PC via Samsung Dex or screen sharing, will that work?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

just a quick not that the new version is up.

Version 0.20.7-2.23:
  • Graphical improvement to the Roxxy trailer sex scene.
  • Made the alternative screenshot names (parameter ALTSCREENSHOTS) less redundant and more readable.
  • Some technical improvements.
  • Fixed a stupid bug where the game thinks it's always new year's eve.
Enjoy!

Xenephon

Jun 18, 2017
Receiving the following errors on load midway through Eve's route, resets that route back to repairing the bike. Please advise.

2021-02-04 13:56:27.887 ERROR Trigger T_eve_bike_breakdown_repaired_bike is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_talked_to_eve is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_talked_to_grace is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_player_woke_up is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_woke_odette is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_woke_grace is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_mall_fliers_hung is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.891 ERROR Trigger T_eve_library_fliers_hung is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.892 ERROR Trigger T_eve_park_fliers_hung is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.892 ERROR Trigger T_eve_tattoo_shop_crowded is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)
2021-02-04 13:56:27.892 ERROR Trigger T_eve_took_care_clients is not a valid trigger for state eve@S_eve_bike_breakdown_repair forced at null. (59%)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I guess you find those in the saga.log file. You receive such errors when the save bacame corrupted. This is a feature of the mod, the original game would just let you end up with a broken save without you knowing anything.

Use parameter LOAD_ERRORHANDLING to actually repair those broken saves (if they can be repaired at all). In this case, set the parameter to 3, load the save, save it in a new slot and use that new save from then on. Set the parameter back to 1 afterwards.

You can also attach the save here for me to check if you are unsure.

null91

May 24, 2020
I install game and this mod, and when I start the game, its said mod txt file missing. What should I do?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes