Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

apollo21lmp

May 14, 2018
You came here basically saying the mod is buggy, must be so because you did nothing wrong. Proof.

Normal way would be to give an exact error description, what OS you are on together with how to reproduce the issue. I will then look into it. Since such errors never were reported before, I am quite confident that this can be solved. Maybe you should note that I actually fix a lot of bugs the original game has.

However, what pisses me off is the attitude (you are not alone but the most recent example) of people just shouting and wining without even bothering to be of any help. At all.

That said, if you provide the info, I will still look into it. Up to you.
it was out of the blue and very unexpected. there were no glitches or hickups when playing with the mod installed until, when MC woke up and checked his phone (i believe around day 623ish) i got the error screen. i was not given the option to ignore it only to rollback (which only repeated the error screen when i reached the same point in the game), quit, etc. i even attempted to change locations where he slept and got the same error screen. it only went away when i deleted the mod and reinstalled the game. i didn't necessarily post to request help but to alert anyone who used that mod (or any other mod not created by the games creator themselves) that there were potential issues. i had similar issues with earlier versions of the game and earlier versions of this mod which caused me to be skeptical of outside mods for games in general. BTW i'm on an HP laptop with windows 11. but the same issue came up when i played earlier versions on a laptop with win 10.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
it was out of the blue and very unexpected. there were no glitches or hickups when playing with the mod installed until, when MC woke up and checked his phone (i believe around day 623ish) i got the error screen. i was not given the option to ignore it only to rollback (which only repeated the error screen when i reached the same point in the game), quit, etc. i even attempted to change locations where he slept and got the same error screen. it only went away when i deleted the mod and reinstalled the game. i didn't necessarily post to request help but to alert anyone who used that mod (or any other mod not created by the games creator themselves) that there were potential issues. i had similar issues with earlier versions of the game and earlier versions of this mod which caused me to be skeptical of outside mods for games in general. BTW i'm on an HP laptop with windows 11. but the same issue came up when i played earlier versions on a laptop with win 10.
OK that's a start. However, the exact error message would be needed. How else should I fix anything? Or maybe a savegame.

There is no need to uninstall the mod before you at least tried some things before:
  • For example, there is the possibility to *disable* the mod, enabling you to play as if it was (almost) not installed.
  • You could disable the optional content if you had enabled any.
  • There are parameters to set the config parameters to vanilla settings.
  • There are several levels of repairing corrupted save games.
  • You could generate a diagnosis file and attach it here.
All this can be done in the mod's configuration menu.

Do you use any other mods? Do you use a community translation pack?

And, yes, this is software, and of course all software has bugs. You could at least give me the chance to figure it out and provide a solution.

To prevent the loss of game progress, the advice is to save often, and always only in MC's bedroom or on the city map (this is even the official recommendation of the vanilla game). This way you still have a fallback in case your current game bugs out.

Reactions: gentlemanclub

GGunz

Jun 12, 2022
OP, ignore the idiotic teenagers who feel they are entitled to their own worthlessness and lack of any sorts of ability, knowledge or craft, and, yet, still feel obnoxiously prideful to try to shove that at one's throat as if it is a sign of their own merit or virtue; yall are simply retarded who are not even able to contemplate what is happening besides the immediate urge to touch your dicks to png's in your shitty smartphones.

xqcL.

jaxonfox2

Aug 14, 2017
I am not good at guessing. What is the error message you get?
When I start the game, this message appears: "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. While running game code: File "game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 831, in <module> raise Exception(details_follow) Exception: Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it. Solution: Check your installation. ****************************************************************************************************" I placed the optional mod inside the game folder.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
When I start the game, this message appears: "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. While running game code: File "game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 831, in <module> raise Exception(details_follow) Exception: Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in C:\Users\xxx\Videos\Captures\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\xxx\Videos\Captures\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it. Solution: Check your installation. ****************************************************************************************************" I placed the optional mod inside the game folder.
As the message tells you:
  • game_overrides found in ...\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in ...\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc
  • Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it. Solution: Check your installation.
You apparently placed the game_overrides folder inside the game folder. It must be at the same level, not inside. Just as described in the installation instructions and as the error tells you.

Btw/ you might want to edit your post and remove the personal information from your installation folder which you posted (the part which I replaced with xxx in my quote).

jaxonfox2

Aug 14, 2017
As the message tells you:
  • game_overrides found in ...\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in ...\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc
  • Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it. Solution: Check your installation.
You apparently placed the game_overrides folder inside the game folder. It must be at the same level, not inside. Just as described in the installation instructions and as the error tells you.

Btw/ you might want to edit your post and remove the personal information from your installation folder which you posted (the part which I replaced with xxx in my quote).
Thank you for the explanation. The mistake was mine for not paying attention. I always download mods and install them inside the game folder, so I assumed it was the same way this time too

May 1, 2018
Hi srksrk 68 can you reupload some of the previous version to download i.e. v0.18.6.

I know some people might say "Why do you need this old version? it's a waste of time."
The reason is eve remake and I just want to keep it for archiving reasons. Can you please provide it?
I'll be forever grateful.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi srksrk 68 can you reupload some of the previous version to download i.e. v0.18.6.

I know some people might say "Why do you need this old version? it's a waste of time."
The reason is eve remake and I just want to keep it for archiving reasons. Can you please provide it?
I'll be forever grateful.
Sorry, can't. That would be a question for the main game thread maybe.

MrSolid

Aug 9, 2023
Just getting started with this game, have a few questions about vanilla game
1. Cassie & Ivy scenes are only possible with the mod, the main game doesnt contemplate raw sex with them later on?
2. Is Ronda going to have sex with MC?
3. Whats the difference between Diane in this mod and vanilla game

Also is there a way in the mod to revert the game contrast/coloring to the original version? i started playing vanilla and cant get used to the mod colors/contrasts

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Just getting started with this game, have a few questions about vanilla game
1. Cassie & Ivy scenes are only possible with the mod, the main game doesnt contemplate raw sex with them later on?
2. Is Ronda going to have sex with MC?
3. Whats the difference between Diane in this mod and vanilla game

Also is there a way in the mod to revert the game contrast/coloring to the original version? i started playing vanilla and cant get used to the mod colors/contrasts
Cassie, Ivy and Ronda stories are not yet finished, so no, there is no sex with Cassie and Ronda yet, and the scenes with Ivy are very basic and old-fashioned in vanilla game.

There are many, many new mod-exclusive scenes and features for almost every girl. To list them all here would be too much. You may want to browse the change log in the readme.

If you are talking about the ambient light change at the evening and midnight, that can be customized with parameter DAY_INTENSE. You might want to set that to 0.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I thing @srksrk 68 dit say it many times the mod is not working with joiplay same for the game i thing but not sure about the pure vanilla game.
I said, I cannot support Joiplay. For all I know, people did get it to work somehow. Most important is to follow the installation instructions *to the letter*. If it says, the readme is not where it should be, then the readme probably is not where it should be, so in that case verify your installation and install it correctly.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes