Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Sigh when the fight broke out people went and reported her patreon because they couldnt get the walkthrough mod... god I wish I could have archived those posts. I literally saw the one of the douches comment "well if you wont give us the walkthrough mod im going to report your patreon" like a fucking 5yo.. And yes im sure Lain had strikes for content before so im not saying it was the only thing but it seemed to definitely be the last straw...
Here is a very likely explanation why she do not work on this mod anymore.

I'm pretty sure this mod is abandoned!

Reactions: cvedant95

crowley_666

Feb 13, 2021
While loading <'Image' u'objects/object_tomb_01.png'>:
File "game/mods/LainModLilith/6_graveyard.rpy", line 100, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 352, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 262, in call_screen
IOError: Couldn't find file 'objects/object_tomb_01.png'.
Can someone help please

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
While loading <'Image' u'objects/object_tomb_01.png'>:
File "game/mods/LainModLilith/6_graveyard.rpy", line 100, in <module>
File "game/scripts/core/systems/game.rpy", line 352, in main
File "game/scripts/core/systems/locations/locations.rpy", line 262, in call_screen
IOError: Couldn't find file 'objects/object_tomb_01.png'.
Can someone help please
Read the thread and understand: THE MOD IS OUTDATED.

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
One question, which is the version that LAIN made at the time that had the walkthrough mod built into the game? 0.19.5 0.19.7, was it one of those? and another thing, is there a way to use that walkthrough mod for the latest version of the game? or do you have the same game in the same version as the mod?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
One question, which is the version that LAIN made at the time that had the walkthrough mod built into the game? 0.19.5 0.19.7, was it one of those? and another thing, is there a way to use that walkthrough mod for the latest version of the game? or do you have the same game in the same version as the mod?
You should not mix different game and mod versions or you will get game breaking bugs. Are the official Walkthrough and the hints on MC's phone not enough? I mean, the quests are not rocket science.

shenlong2122

Nov 13, 2017
[QUOTE = "Sgtlothar, bài đăng: 5787549, thành viên: 3321080"]
[USER = 290583] shenlong2122 [/ USER]
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Tks Bro

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
Two reasons:

First, the source code of SS is a mess as Lain said.

Second, there were some real pricks who got very angry about the time that she needed to finish an update for her mod
and that the walkthrough had to be removed from her mod because it would have been too difficult to implement.

Subsequently she also lost her patreon membership and therefore a lot of money income.

Reactions: brittC25

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Two reasons:

First, the source code of SS is a mess as Lain said.

Second, there were some real pricks who got very angry about the time that she needed to finish an update for her mod
and that the walkthrough had to be removed from her mod because it would have been too difficult to implement.

Subsequently she also lost her patreon membership and therefore a lot of money income.
I figured for ages the source code for SS would be a literal nightmare to work with, much respect to Lain for working with it for as long as Lain did.
Isnt it always the way, a bunch of ungrateful pricks get mouthy when they are getting someones work for free and thus ruin it for everyone else.
Once patreon knew the were the number one hosting platform for well, everything, their rules changed and most great names either changed to conform or went bye bye.
I am thankful for all the various Modders like Lain and others, who write mods, update them, put them here for free, do the endless long hours and in reality it is a pretty much thankless job, much respect to them all.

Reactions: Pyrrical
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes