Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes
Dec 15, 2017
Yes, this can be used with the naughty tribute mod. There are several posts on how to do so in the Naughty Tribute thread. I also posted a breakdown of how I got it to work in that thread.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
can we use this mode with naughty tribute ?
NT should be installed first. After it you need to overwrite bedroom.rpy when you are asked.

If I see it correct there is only one change made by NT in the original file.
It was added "$ renpy.choice_for_skipping()".

I'm looking in the moment how to add it in the file and if it makes errors.
(Don't know enough of the programming language to modify it.)

The bedroom file from NT is not important. From what the NT maker said, it is only a small security feature:
OK I looked into it. If that is the only conflicting file, you can safely overwrite it with Lain's file. There is nothing special in it content wise. I only modified it so that in the morning after MC wakes up, skipping will be interrupted so that no important messages are missed.

Reason: sometimes MC thinks about this and that will be happening today, and if you are skipping the dress-up sequence without care, you will miss them. You will lose that safety net when overwriting the file, but nothing else.
Maim Lain
Maybe it is worth to add this feature to your mod, too?

I found how to add the line into the file, without getting an error. :)
I only do not know if it works or create later errors. Maybe someone could tell more about it or test it.

Last edited:
Reactions: unknown78

zqsbunny

Jul 29, 2018
I stuck at mrs johson storyline.. i cant trigger scene where mrs johnson ask me to do secret yoga training..i alr done the task storyline ask to do.. but i still cant trigger the scene.. can sm1 help me?

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
How can I remove the Fan DLC Scenes? I don't like them very much, but the rest of the mod is very nice.

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
thankyou lains..
are the added scene still locked for freebee / non-patreon?
incest added here?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
thankyou lains..
are the added scene still locked for freebee / non-patreon?
incest added here?
The new scenes have always been free. And you need to install the incest patch manually now.

no no no...
dont mind me..
There's a big button on the bottom left of the screen that you should read. It's impossible to miss.

Not sure that I understand the explanation why it was removed.
Multiple reasons, but it will probably make more sense once I finish the 2nd part of what I've been working on. I still need to finish writing a lot of the dialogue though. :whistle:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mod don't work... Installed it on a fresh 0.18.6 Version.
Error Window Pop up when I want to start my Savegame:
Help?
What version of the game is your save from? That error isn't caused from the mod.
It likely means you tried to load a save game from a version of the game before 0.18.6 that isn't compatible with 0.18.6

If that isn't the case then I'm not sure what the problem would be.

Aug 15, 2017
I've downloaded the game few days ago and started (again) a new game. So the save isn't from a older Version :/

EDIT: Played a while without the mod. Installed it again and it works...

Last edited:

pita riggs

Feb 14, 2019
How did you extract the game image and location files? All of the locations are dummy files when I extracted the game file using a RPA extractor.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
How did you extract the game image and location files? All of the locations are dummy files when I extracted the game file using a RPA extractor.
All of the location images are in the "backgrounds" folder, the locations images folder is placeholder for their new system and only has the placeholder file and not any images.

Reactions: pita riggs

pita riggs

Feb 14, 2019
that explains it! But out of curiosity, did you find the iwanka files in the character files (it's missing 4 me) or the eve titty files.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
What must I remove from the mod files to have not the extra Fan DLC Scenes Mod in the game? I find them not so interesting and some not really fitting to the characters of the game. The In-game Walkthrough is what I find the most interesting.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes