Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Osso

Apr 30, 2017
Since it's a fan mod, I thought it would be fun. Original game must be supported, not fan-made mods. Good luck with that, I'm out until it's free. (don't take my comment the bad way, just personal opinion.)
..Agree with you... support mod´s too? ok..not for me and sorry for any and don´t take me wrong with my statement, but is a fan "thing" right? sure you got work but for fun... thats why is fan-mod :giggle:

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
..Agree with you... support mod´s too? ok..not for me and sorry for any and don´t take me wrong with my statement, but is a fan "thing" right? sure you got work but for fun... thats why is fan-mod :giggle:
No worries. All I'm saying is that a mod, that all it does is to 'add' stuff to other developer's work, should be free AND if someone really enjoys it and he CAN donate, then he's free to do it. For example, I cannot spend money on such add-ons, I have way more important things to pay in my real life. But when I have something to spend, I will support the original game and it's developers. But for a expansion...

It's reminds me EA's method for 'the sims' series. 1 whole game, 9999.9 expansions. HELL NO. In short: All I want to say is that 'updates' and 'expansions' should be free with the option to support if you REALLY want to. And please no one take my words the bad way. Just expressing my personal opinion.

Reactions: PeteHanson

Osso

Apr 30, 2017
No worries. All I'm saying is that a mod, that all it does is to 'add' stuff to other developer's work, should be free AND if someone really enjoys it and he CAN donate, then he's free to do it. For example, I cannot spend money on such add-ons, I have way more important things to pay in my real life. But when I have something to spend, I will support the original game and it's developers. But for a expansion...

It's reminds me EA's method for 'the sims' series. 1 whole game, 9999.9 expansions. HELL NO. In short: All I want to say is that 'updates' and 'expansions' should be free with the option to support if you REALLY want to. And please no one take my words the bad way. Just expressing my personal opinion.
I just said that agreed with your opinion 100% about mod pay, nothing against modder or anyone, just one opinion, besides I have to thank for this mod even if I do not personely use it.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi guys, stupid question do the v0.17.1 walkthrough mod work with the v0.17.5? If not, someone know when the 0.17.5 is relased here? Thank you for the answer.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hi guys, stupid question do the v0.17.1 walkthrough mod work with the v0.17.5? If not, someone know when the 0.17.5 is relased here? Thank you for the answer.
Will be released if someone is subscribed to his/her patreon and decide to share the updated mod with us, no more, no less.
And for answering the other, I can't tell you.

Burrell

Nov 8, 2017
Ah balls i just deleted my saves and wanted to start again with the walkthrugh mod installed, seen a link on OP. Then realised it was a link to patreon :(

X_Erox

Feb 28, 2018
I guess you people are pro paid mods like bethesda ? whatever ... he even got over 500+ patrons ; I'm sure I can just google and find the paid version somewhere ...
From Patreon : "
About me:
Hello I'm Lain. I'm a perfectionist ....."

ROFLMFAO

Making money is so easy now a days ...

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I always get a parsing script error with this mod any idea why?
You put it in the wrong folder. You put the mod "game" folder inside your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc/game" instead of the "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder. Move the "game" folder you added from the mod to the right folder and it will work.

Installation:
PC: Unzip any mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder.
Mac: Unzip any mod and put the files inside the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-mac/Contents/Resources/autorun/game" folder.

Reactions: shane420

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
please tell me installation process
Installation:
PC: Unzip any mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder.
Mac: Unzip any mod and put the files inside the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-mac/Contents/Resources/autorun/game" folder.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry but when i paste the "game" folder into my "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder
it pop out this
How can i fix it ?
(really love this mod plz help :<
ikaru's mod isn't compatible with mine. It used to be but he changed something with his mod, and now they don't work together anymore for some reason.

Tickle

Dec 31, 2017
From the previous pages i understood that the mod doesn't work with android, but the walkthrough one works fine ?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
From the previous pages i understood that the mod doesn't work with android, but the walkthrough one works fine ?
The other 2 mods definitely don't work on Android, but I think the Walkthrough mod does work on Android except the cheat menu doesn't work and the walkthrough UI might look a bit weird.

Reactions: Tabao and Tickle
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes