Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
steps on doing this properly?
Installation:
PC: Unzip any mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder.
Mac: Unzip any mod and put the files inside the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-mac/Contents/Resources/autorun/game" folder.

giogramm

Dec 16, 2018
Installation:
PC: Unzip any mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-pc" folder.
Mac: Unzip any mod and put the files inside the "game" folder from the mod in your "SummertimeSaga-0-17-5-mac/Contents/Resources/autorun/game" folder.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Dec. 16th - Updated mod pack to v4.0

v4.0 Changelog:
- Added Ms. Dewitt and Daisy (new character) to the Walkthrough mod
- The last part of Diane's walkthrough has been finished and more detail was added
- Added more images of Eve to the Attractive Characters mod
- Updated mod pack for v0.17.5

Reactions: Graybo and liegad
D

Deleted member 418221

The mod works by itself, but seems to repeat some bits that the ikarumod has, making both unusable together. Would it be possible for you to fix that? I'm assuming the two don't have basic conflicts.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The mod works by itself, but seems to repeat some bits that the ikarumod has, making both unusable together. Would it be possible for you to fix that? I'm assuming the two don't have basic conflicts.
Do you know what is conflicting with the mods? They used to work together before so I'm not sure what changed.

D

Deleted member 418221

Do you know what is conflicting with the mods? They used to work together before so I'm not sure what changed.
This is the message I get when I boot up the game with both your 3-in-one pack and Ikarumod enabled:
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label helen_dialogue is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1542 and
  File "scripts/characters/helen/button.rpyc", line 51.

The label june_route_split is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 130 and
  File "scripts/characters/june/button.rpyc", line 72.

The label mrsj_route_split is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1154 and
  File "scripts/characters/mrsj/button.rpyc", line 18.

The label veronica_button_menu is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1720 and
  File "scripts/characters/veronica/button.rpyc", line 11.

The label helen_final_mc is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1435 and
  File "scripts/locations/church/angelica_s_room/dialogues.rpyc", line 341.

The label mia_helen_route_spilt is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1443 and
  File "scripts/locations/church/angelica_s_room/dialogues.rpyc", line 349.

The label helen_mc_replay is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1445 and
  File "scripts/locations/church/angelica_s_room/dialogues.rpyc", line 351.

The label helen_mc_churchsex is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1448 and
  File "scripts/locations/church/angelica_s_room/dialogues.rpyc", line 354.

The label helen_ang_replay is defined twice, at
  File "game/211957_ikarumod_0175_v1.rpyc", line 1456 and
  File "scripts/locations/church/angelica_s_room/dialogues.rpyc", line 363.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Wed Dec 19 02:13:50 2018
Do note: These code snippets are not part of the fan scene mod because that component works just fine.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
This is the message I get when I boot up the game with both your 3-in-one pack and Ikarumod enabled:
Ah those are errors from Ikaruga's mod, not mine or because you're using it with mine. His mod usually has errors and doesn't always work. So my mod pack is compatible with Ikaruga's mod, but his mod has some bugs right now so you'll have to uninstall his mod and wait until he fixes/updates his mod.

D

Deleted member 418221

Ah those are errors from Ikaruga's mod, not mine or because you're using it with mine. His mod usually has errors and doesn't always work. So my mod pack is compatible with Ikaruga's mod, but his mod has some bugs right now so you'll have to uninstall his mod and wait until he fixes/updates his mod.
I am able to use the following combinations though:
his mod standalone
his mod+your fan scenes+pics
your 3-in-one pack
your walkthrough

I just can't use your walkthrough+his mod together.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I just can't use your walkthrough+his mod together.
Hm, I don't know then. Someone else using only his mod got the same error as you and the error isn't related to any of the files from the walkthrough mod. Lots of other people that are only using his mod though are getting errors and since mine and his used to be compatible together I'd assume it will get fixed and they will be compatible again when he updates his mod.

But since you said you tried the Fan Scenes mod, just curious, what did you think of the new scenes? I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on them. I'm also going to be adding a new Eve scene probably sometime before the end of the month.

D

Deleted member 418221

Hm, I don't know then. Someone else using only his mod got the same error as you and the error isn't related to any of the files from the walkthrough mod. Lots of other people that are only using his mod though are getting errors and since mine and his used to be compatible together I'd assume it will get fixed and they will be compatible again when he updates his mod.

But since you said you tried the Fan Scenes mod, just curious, what did you think of the new scenes? I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on them. I'm also going to be adding a new Eve scene probably sometime before the end of the month.
I only saw one scene, the Jenny hallway one (not that the others didn't work, just didn't try them yet). The drawings were good, but I feel like the concept was a bit ridiculous, cause there's no way that scene would have been explained away with a simple conversation.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I only saw one scene, the Jenny hallway one (not that the others didn't work, just didn't try them yet). The drawings were good, but I feel like the concept was a bit ridiculous, cause there's no way that scene would have been explained away with a simple conversation.
Almost all of the fan scenes basically happen at what would be the end of the story for the game when you've already maxed out your relationship with most characters and the mom knows you're banging Jenny and is mostly okay with it. So you could think about it that way and that the scenes wouldn't technically be happening where you currently are at in the story.

D

Deleted member 418221

Almost all of the fan scenes basically happen at what would be the end of the story for the game when you've already maxed out your relationship with most characters and the mom knows you're banging Jenny and is mostly okay with it. So you could think about it that way and that the scenes wouldn't technically be happening where you currently are at in the story.
Ah okay. I didn't complete both the mom and sister routes, so I wasn't aware that they were aware the MC was sleeping with both.

Prim.

Jan 1, 2018
wanting to ask , if i want to play the original path of the game i need 2 copies ? and/pr do i need to seperate a fresh extract [original] summertime saga files and mod that one?

Prim.

Jan 1, 2018
i dont even know what file to use . hahaha .

edit : technically i've choose this one. i dont really know which one is good to use.
1545211229242.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
wanting to ask , if i want to play the original path of the game i need 2 copies ? and/pr do i need to seperate a fresh extract [original] summertime saga files and mod that one?
Nah you don't need to make a new install of the game, just follow the installation directions and extract the files to your existing Summertime Saga folder. And they are all separate mods, so you can use all of them at the same time or only the ones you want.

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
Since it's a fan mod, I thought it would be fun. Original game must be supported, not fan-made mods. Good luck with that, I'm out until it's free. (don't take my comment the bad way, just personal opinion.)

Reactions: Osso and Gumarijus

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Since it's a fan mod, I thought it would be fun. Original game must be supported, not fan-made mods. Good luck with that, I'm out until it's free. (don't take my comment the bad way, just personal opinion.)
That's the first time I've heard some one say they were expecting a walkthrough to be "fun" aha. But you're fine, saying you don't want to buy something isn't controversial so I don't see how anyone could view that opinion in a bad way. And yeah I support the game and I'd recommend supporting the game too, the mod doesn't stop you from supporting the developers.

Reactions: CreepyGhost
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes