Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I dont get why people get this defensive over me not liking a MC of an adult game of all things. I already explained why i dont like him and funny enough some of the people agreed with some of the things i said they just dont view it as much of a problem as i do, which is fine if that's the case.
You know its funny cause people will unironically say "Nika is fine, identify as him, you cant make an argument for why he is the worst, at least he isn't a rapist" and have zero self awareness of what they just said lol.
Sure dude i am certain some people connected with Peter Griffin too.

The rest of your post is just conjecture so i wont even bother i will just say it's fine if you like the protagonist the way he is, you dont have to justify yourself and it's fine if you wanna think i just irrationally hate this one MC for no objective reason lol.
funny thing is im on the opposite end of the spectrum and thinking he is one of the better MC's ive played and I play disconnected to MC's. Just because of the story and the slow burn character growth and how he is trying to better himself. The overall feeling for me just feels alot different than most even other dark MC's like him ive played. I just really like that. Tho im sure the banter with Nami and Bella and wholesome moments with Nami as well some of the comedy like when he takes Nadia's banana helps with having an overall positive opinion of him.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I dont get why people get this defensive over me not liking a MC of an adult game of all things. I already explained why i dont like him and funny enough some of the people agreed with some of the things i said they just dont view it as much of a problem as i do, which is fine if that's the case.
You know its funny cause people will unironically say "Nika is fine, identify as him, you cant make an argument for why he is the worst, at least he isn't a rapist" and have zero self awareness of what they just said lol.
Sure dude i am certain some people connected with Peter Griffin too.

The rest of your post is just conjecture so i wont even bother i will just say it's fine if you like the protagonist the way he is, you dont have to justify yourself and it's fine if you wanna think i just irrationally hate this one MC for no objective reason lol.
Ah, I'm not defensive. Just responding to why you've spent so many posts on this. It actually seems like you're defensive about why you dislike Nika. Like I said, that fine. Everyone has a different circle of friends, everyone like different things in characters etc. What's weird is trying to project those likes and dislikes on others.

No one has objective reasons. Your reasons are yours, based on your view of life. That's why there are these discussions, people see Nika differently based on their perspective of what's important in a charcter or a game. We all justify our own opinions every post we make, it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
funny thing is im on the opposite end of the spectrum and thinking he is one of the better MC's ive played and I play disconnected to MC's. Just because of the story and the slow burn character growth and how he is trying to better himself. The overall feeling for me just feels alot different than most even other dark MC's like him ive played. I just really like that. Tho im sure the banter with Nami and Bella and wholesome moments with Nami as well some of the comedy like when he takes Nadia's banana helps with having an overall positive opinion of him.
I mean i will say that he is more unique than most other MC's, not really my style but if people like a more cold, brooding protagonist thats fine. In general i dont like MC's that come with a pre-packaged personalities, especially not ones like this,but it is what it is.
I do hope he changes a bit more in the future, cause its gonna be funny to see him remain the same cold, brooding, emotionless guy while also having access to like 25+ girls he can pick and chose to fuck from.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
Honestly the first time Vanessa appeared on screen I instantly didn't like her or trusted her just the way she looked , dressed and overall appearance and all with how she entered the scene for the first time. My gut feeling was right cause during the scene where Nikia was changing clothes and Vanessa was in the same room that gave me major red flag vibes to not trust her and keep far away as possible. Granted I have no real proof of any wrong doing with her actions yet to truly dislike her but man with how calculating and manipulative she is with her words makes me dislike her even more and want to be extremely cautious.
The first impression which Vanessa gives is that of a haughty, dishonest, egocentric person, so it’s natural that some people dislike her.
She tested Nika when she stripped in front of him to see what he’s made of, if he’s yet another “inferior male” as she says, an underhanded tactic on her part but it was her own way of getting to know him, she’s just built different.
Even if she likes messing with people I don’t think she’s a horrible person, rather someone who sees the world as a dangerous place and has learned to adapt and even gain some pleasure from it in a fucked up way. Once she warms up to Nika and his family and learns that they’re not potential enemies and she can trust them she’ll prove herself a smart, valuable ally in the chessboard of Wollust.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Ah, I'm not defensive. Just responding to why you've spent so many posts on this. It actually seems like you're defensive about why you dislike Nika. Like I said, that fine. Everyone has a different circle of friends, everyone like different things in characters etc. What's weird is trying to project those likes and dislikes on others.

No one has objective reasons. Your reasons are yours, based on your view of life. That's why there are these discussions, people see Nika differently based on their perspective of what's important in a charcter or a game. We all justify our own opinions every post we make, it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.
I mean yea obviously i am defensive you are attacking my opinion and argument, as oppose to me criticizing a random fictional character in an adult game. What exactly am i trying to project onto others? That acting like a anti-social, cold, asshole with a school shooter vibe is bad?

We are not talking about objective reasons, we are talking about objective traits. Yes, thats what i have been trying to do here this whole time...

Reactions: Hollibolli

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I mean yea obviously i am defensive you are attacking my opinion and argument, as oppose to me criticizing a random fictional character in an adult game. What exactly am i trying to project onto others? That acting like a anti-social, cold, asshole with a school shooter vibe is bad?

We are not talking about objective reasons, we are talking about objective traits. Yes, thats what i have been trying to do here this whole time...
I'm not attacking your characterisation. That's your opinion and you can have it. I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just saying it's not objective, and you shouldn't find it strange that other people see it differently, or project an opinion as something objective.

I'd say there's plenty of evidence in the game for him being emotional, confused, without a school shooter vibe. He gets nervous, worried, he doesn't know what to do with feelings towards Bella or Nami. He starts as a stylised character and gets fleshed out with more details as the story develops. If we ignore the previous WIP versions that are released, it's only Bella's comments about him being incel/emo, and Mila's comments that even tie him to past Nika. If wearing black and having having a stoic face is enough to be a schools hooter, you've described all the lighting, sound and stage management working on a musical theatre show. His dialogue shows development over the entire season, with changes of perception. But that what's I get from it. I grew up with grunge, everyone looked like that and most of them weren't school shooters. Most of the people I grew up with were slightly nihilistic/existentialism/stoic. So I personally don't find his character unbelievable.

I don't find his character bad because it fits the story - a persona has a trauma and is affected by it, and slowly starts reconnecting with the world around him. That you see it differently is completely fine.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I'm not attacking your characterisation. That's your opinion and you can have it. I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just saying it's not objective, and you shouldn't find it strange that other people see it differently, or project an opinion as something objective.

I'd say there's plenty of evidence in the game for him being emotional, confused, without a school shooter vibe. He gets nervous, worried, he doesn't know what to do with feelings towards Bella or Nami. He starts as a stylised character and gets fleshed out with more details as the story develops. If we ignore the previous WIP versions that are released, it's only Bella's comments about him being incel/emo, and Mila's comments that even tie him to past Nika. If wearing black and having having a stoic face is enough to be a schools hooter, you've described all the lighting, sound and stage management working on a musical theatre show. His dialogue shows development over the entire season, with changes of perception. But that what's I get from it. I grew up with grunge, everyone looked like that and most of them weren't school shooters. Most of the people I grew up with were slightly nihilistic/existentialism/stoic. So I personally don't find his character unbelievable.

I don't find his character bad because it fits the story - a persona has a trauma and is affected by it, and slowly starts reconnecting with the world around him. That you see it differently is completely fine.
Yes you are as well as making assumptions of me having predisposed opinions. I dont find it strange that people see things differently to me, that's a normal every day thing i will say i find it strange that you make all these baseless assumptions about me.

How many times has he been emotional outside of anger? Confusion is not an emotion. Once again more assumptions... i guess the best way to counter them is to just ask you to back them up so can you tell me where i said he is a school shooter because he wears all black and is stoic?
Thats great for you dude but i dont relate to nihilistic people, in fact i abhor that whole scene, which is why i prefer a blank slate MC's. Not that a nihilistic/stoic MC cant work it just depends on how its handled and how he develops as a character over the coarse of the game.

His character fits the story, but it doesnt fit other characters which is the entire point i was making this time.

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
I just noticed on my current replay through the game that Sasha's super hot friend (whose name still hasn't been told to us yet) is in the background when you go shopping with Bella for clothes. It never shows her unblurred in any shot, so I never noticed before but you can see her distinct hair style/color/length on one side, the other side is pulled behind her shoulder.

She really is eeeeverywhere haha... I really hope we get to bang know her in this coming chapter!
1716009630353.png

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Yes you are as well as making assumptions of me having predisposed opinions. I dont find it strange that people see things differently to me, that's a normal every day thing i will say i find it strange that you make all these baseless assumptions about me.

How many times has he been emotional outside of anger? Confusion is not an emotion. Once again more assumptions... i guess the best way to counter them is to just ask you to back them up so can you tell me where i said he is a school shooter because he wears all black and is stoic?
Thats great for you dude but i dont relate to nihilistic people, in fact i abhor that whole scene, which is why i prefer a blank slate MC's. Not that a nihilistic/stoic MC cant work it just depends on how its handled and how he develops as a character over the coarse of the game.

His character fits the story, but it doesnt fit other characters which is the entire point i was making this time.
You abhor which whole scene? The scene with the gun that's been removed since version 4.5 I think, and no longer has any part in the story?

That acting like a anti-social, cold, asshole with a school shooter vibe is bad?
So, explain how he has 'school shooter' vibes. Currently in season 1, all he does is get in one fight with a dude who looks like a jock. He never touches a gun in the game, all we have is Mila assessment based on his look from one conversation when she first meets him. So how does he have a school shooter vibe in the game, what actions, other than being emotionally detached? What have they done but judged him based on his look?

Confusion isn't an emotion, but it does show emotional uncertainty in the context of the scenes. He is confused by his reactions to Bella, and freaks out over kissing her is one of the most obvious examples. He's not confused by the event, but by the the reason he kissed her and liked it, and is starting to have feeling for her. Certainly not the response of a cold, anti-social asshole. The biggest generic asshole moments are when he has the choice to be an asshole to Maja in the hospital, and when he doesn't hold the elevator door. And all the heist/plan with Bella, that's pure asshole. But he's not cold, he has emotions through the whole thing - he's just confused by his emotions and doesn't know how to react.

And I do get that not everyone will identify with him. I'm not questioning that at all, and I'm not suggesting that you should see him any differently either. It just seems to me that you're basing your opinion on content that's not in the actual release. Most of your characterisation fits Nika until the Ch3 release, then Ocean started changing his character.

I just noticed on my current replay through the game that Sasha's super hot friend (whose name still hasn't been told to us yet) is in the background when you go shopping with Bella for clothes. It never shows her unblurred in any shot, so I never noticed before but you can see her distinct hair style/color/length on one side, the other side is pulled behind her shoulder.

She really is eeeeverywhere haha... I really hope we get to bang know her in this coming chapter!
View attachment 3645624
Considering she's shopping there, she's also from a rich family, which we could guess from her association with Sasha (and considering she's not getting acussed of shoplifting).

Last edited:

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Oh no, I just realized you changed your username (yeah, I'm a slowpoke) and we pretty much argued about this and that during the beta. :KEK:
But even if you're just trolling, I'll still answer sincere.

The dude is a pretty cool character, an asshole but not much, he is honest with people who deserve it, I admire his attitude towards girls, he treats them with a mixture of a certain amount of cynicism, irony, sincere interest, care and respect. Apparently, so that his experienced and mature personality would not be too striking, the author emphasized his teenage features too caricaturedly, maybe he even overdid. But I can live with it.

Just one example: when the girls in Chapter 4x5 assure him that he's not alone and they all want to help him, he sarcastically replies to them with a subtle smirk, "But do I even like you guys?" My dude!

I don't even want to comment on his flaccid dick, I think anyone who paid attention to the game understands that this is a temporary condition and just a plot limitation that will soon to be removed.

And Ocean doesn’t need to turn him into a Casanova, the girls seem to have already warmed up and for good reason. The dude is objectively attractive and his emo/edgelord/whatever aura is a killer for 18-19 year old girls. Let's add there that he hits the gym, maintains the reputation of a macho who fucks girls in the toilet cabin. And on top of that add that he sincerely shows interest in the personalities of girls when he communicates with them, easily gains their trust and finds the right words like Simon Baker from The Mentalist. Damn it, limpy wormy is the only thing that stops them from eating him alive.
How many people here uncritically watch and enjoy, say, movies in the MCU universe or other works of fiction? I cannot for the life of me understand why some people would get so hung up with "unrealistic" tropes in SG like anti-gravity hair or intelligent mice - so hung up that they have to make their dislike known here in the strongest terms, often repeatedly.

Nika's hair - which gets enough comments within the game - just ain't my first takeaway after playing SG (disclaimer: I don't play SG with a finger holding down the CTL key and my other hand clutching my.... you get the idea... so I have no subliminal reaction to Nika's hair blinking rapidly across the screen). The extreme duality of Nika's character, however, is a big takeaway for me.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
You abhor which whole scene? The scene with the gun that's been removed since version 4.5 I think, and no longer has any part in the story?
The nihilist/existentialist scene that you mentioned, not a scene from the game itself lol, you make some really wild speculations

So, explain how he has 'school shooter' vibes. Currently in season 1, all he does is get in one fight with a dude who looks like a jock. He never touches a gun in the game, all we have is Mila assessment based on his look from one conversation when she first meets him. So how does he have a school shooter vibe in the game, what actions, other than being emotionally detached? What have they done but judged him based on his look?

Confusion isn't an emotion, but it does show emotional uncertainty in the context of the scenes. He is confused by his reactions to Bella, and freaks out over kissing her is one of the most obvious examples. He's not confused by the event, but by the the reason he kissed her and liked it, and is starting to have feeling for her. Certainly not the response of a cold, anti-social asshole. The biggest generic asshole moments are when he has the choice to be an asshole to Maja in the hospital, and when he doesn't hold the elevator door. And all the heist/plan with Bella, that's pure asshole. But he's not cold, he has emotions through the whole thing - he's just confused by his emotions and doesn't know how to react.

And I do get that not everyone will identify with him. I'm not questioning that at all, and I'm not suggesting that you should see him any differently either. It just seems to me that you're basing your opinion on content that's not in the actual release. Most of your characterisation fits Nika until the Ch3 release, then Ocean started changing his character.
A loner, thats off putting and an asshole to almost everyone, is generally anti-social, thats the school shooter vibe. He doesnt have to literally pick up a gun my dude... do you know what school shooter vibe means or just when in general what a vibe is suppose to convey? I can't do this... you know what you are right i was wrong the MC is great, dont care to talk about it anymore much rather talk about more positive stuff like all the wonderful girls in this game.

Reactions: Hollibolli

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
The nihilist/existentialist scene that you mentioned, not a scene from the game itself lol, you make some really wild speculations

A loner, thats off putting and an asshole to almost everyone, is generally anti-social, thats the school shooter vibe. He doesnt have to literally pick up a gun my dude... do you know what school shooter vibe means or just when in general what a vibe is suppose to convey? I can't do this... you know what you are right i was wrong the MC is great, dont care to talk about it anymore much rather talk about more positive stuff like all the wonderful girls in this game.
Yeah, waifus are more interesting, agreed.

Reactions: Mr_Mister

John972

Apr 24, 2018

View attachment 3645624
Well spotted!

Her just being in that store confirms that she:

(a) belongs to an the ultra-rich family, and/or

(b) works for Sasha Petrova's mysterious spy network, who follow Nika/Bella everywhere for (as yet) undisclosed reasons. o_O

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020

View attachment 3645624
you mean Sasha's Sister ?

John972

Apr 24, 2018
A loner, thats off putting and an asshole to almost everyone, is generally anti-social, thats the school shooter vibe.
Agree. Mila commented on Nika's demeanor using the "school shooter" parable. That doesn't mean she thinks he's actually about to pick up a gun...

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
Considering she's shopping there, she's also from a rich family, which we could guess from her association with Sasha (and considering she's not getting acussed of shoplifting).
Yeah, this was part of my takeaway from this as well. It means she's rich, but I've already assumed that.

...........And then I put on my tinfoil hat XD For some reason, Emilio came to mind and how he wanted background info checked on our MC and it made me wonder if she was some kind of spy... Yes, I know that's not it... Time to put the tinfoil hat away :HideThePain:

Reactions: BobTheDuck

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
you mean Sasha's Sister ?
That'd certainly be an interesting twist. At very least, I suspect she does MMA with Sasha and Ayua, it looks like they're doing bets on something competitive.

Yeah, this was part of my takeaway from this as well. It means she's rich, but I've already assumed that.

...........And then I put on my tinfoil hat XD For some reason, Emilio came to mind and how he wanted background info checked on our MC and it made me wonder if she was some kind of spy... Yes, I know that's not it... Time to put the tinfoil hat away :HideThePain:
The Emilio thing is legit - you can see Desiree in the background, blurred, when Nicole corners Nika in the hallway.

Agree. Mila commented on Nika's demeanor using the "school shooter" parable. That doesn't mean she thinks he's actually about to pick up a gun...
Having said that, other than MIla's assessment, and Bella's incel comment, since Season 1, where is all the reasoning for this characterisation? It's based purely on his look, as immediately earlier, they assume Nika and Nami are a cute couple. All I'm saying is based on his actions, there's far more of a socially awkward vibe than an antisocial vibe. The anti social vibe is mostly seen when Nika's at the hospital. Other than that he get's worn out and stressed because he is overwhelmed by social settings, not because he rejects them.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
The first impression which Vanessa gives is that of a haughty, dishonest, egocentric person, so it’s natural that some people dislike her.
She tested Nika when she stripped in front of him to see what he’s made of, if he’s yet another “inferior male” as she says, an underhanded tactic on her part but it was her own way of getting to know him, she’s just built different.
Even if she likes messing with people I don’t think she’s a horrible person, rather someone who sees the world as a dangerous place and has learned to adapt and even gain some pleasure from it in a fucked up way. Once she warms up to Nika and his family and learns that they’re not potential enemies and she can trust them she’ll prove herself a smart, valuable ally in the chessboard of Wollust.
It's funny that your description of Vanessa also applies to Nika as well. I wonder if Nika will ever have a "we're not so different" moment with Vanessa? :)

I was just thinking about the "dislike her" part of your statement, and it occurred to me... how many people at college would like or interact with Nika if Nami wasn't there by his side? How many times has Nami been there to not only keep Nika's worst impulses under control, but to guide Nika's interactions with others and balance out is anti-social behavior.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Having said that, other than MIla's assessment, and Bella's incel comment, since Season 1, where is all the reasoning for this characterisation? It's based purely on his look, as immediately earlier, they assume Nika and Nami are a cute couple. All I'm saying is based on his actions, there's far more of a socially awkward vibe than an antisocial vibe. The anti social vibe is mostly seen when Nika's at the hospital. Other than that he get's worn out and stressed because he is overwhelmed by social settings, not because he rejects them.
It's not only Nika's look, it's his demeanor. Mila said he gives off "school shooter" vibes, not that he specifically looks like a school shooter.

As I mused in another post. Picture (based on everything we've seen so far in Season 1) an alternate reality where Nika is forced to attend ZPR college alone without Nami. How would he behave and how would others react to him?

We still see this significant duality in Nika - one part of him strives to change, interact with others, feel something (and, boy, does Nami get significant credit for that change). The other part of him falls back on his High School behavior: antisocial, unfeeling, will mess with others just to alleviate his own boredom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krytax123

Kakasan

May 23, 2023

In the old version, yes he was a sociopath, jokes about weapons, dolphins, if I'm not mistaken he smoked with Summers, Milla was a smoker too.
If the game followed the very old version, he probably would have had sex with Nami in the first season.
In this new version he is a broxing depressive emo

Reactions: NeroZee
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes