Others Succubus Slavery [v0.0.0.9] [St4rl1ght]

How should the save mechanic work?

• Rogue-like (one save file, autoloaded, save requires saving from menu, one save slot)

Votes: 82 15.1%
  • Ironman (autosave, one save file, autoloaded)

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Generic RPG (multi save slot, save and load from menu, no autosave)

Votes: 444 81.6%
  • Something else (write please)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Note: (Can't edit earlier), For rogue-like and ironman the save-file is lost on death

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
An update on this game, it may have the abandoned tag soon ...
I'm sorry for going dark on it.
The skills I learned briefly in programming this game became lucrative in other avenues, and I've been incredibly busy

I'm stuck in a situation where most of the changes I needed to make are QoL, and it was difficult to add new content

I'm going to try to finish programming the first and second levels for a beta release

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Alright, I'm going to cut expectations for the next release.
There is not going to be any content in the new release. The point is that the size of the game has been significantly reduced by many magnitude.
That can be annoying if the expectation is that I was developing a bunch of stuff, but I get the sense that my audience realizes I wasn't working on the game and I was doing a bunch of other stuff. I also refactored the engine. The issue is none of this stuff is content that will be noticed, it just will reduce the crap factor

Plus, for a game in alpha, I don't it think this sort of thing is that surprising

I should have done this half a year ago and you'd be getting regular content updates

Let me know if I'm off base

Reactions: Zarmac and llat-2

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
OK, the godot scripting language and godot engine isn't doing it for me.
I'm going to switch to the SDL2 library to build a custom engine and rebuild the game.
Essentially the first version of the game is going to get scrapped, and I'll be rebuilding from scratch. Expect the new version of the game to be very minimalist.

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
I built the basics, renders to the screen with some animations and text. The current build of the game is intended to be a hyper-minimal game. this simple engine is 8.5Kb. I'd like to get the beta finished release under 1mb using pixel art for CGs. Here's what I need to do before new release

- Refactor
- CI/CD
- Spritesheet loading
- input movement

This game requires very little. It's intended to be written in pure C. Dialogue, exploration, connect to cpu/ram for LLMs. The engine itself shouldn't require much.

I'd like to try to have this done by the end of the week but have a lot of stuff going on. Going to drink some monster and get on it.

Reactions: prettystupid

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
I made some progress in the engine
:)
The next release is a text based game similar to zork in a new engine built in common lisp
You can explore around and interact with the objects using a console
In a later release those interactions will have sdl2 and sprite sheets associated with them, so that the game engine logic is split from the graphics rendering and the input motion