Others Succubus Slavery [v0.0.0.9] [St4rl1ght]

How should the save mechanic work?

• Rogue-like (one save file, autoloaded, save requires saving from menu, one save slot)

Votes: 82 15.1%
  • Ironman (autosave, one save file, autoloaded)

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Generic RPG (multi save slot, save and load from menu, no autosave)

Votes: 444 81.6%
  • Something else (write please)

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Note: (Can't edit earlier), For rogue-like and ironman the save-file is lost on death

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Finally done with the work on saves, can finish the main story-line.
FemU Zero update is supposed to come out this week, and Katalist at the end of the month, will try to stage the major update around these. Will still do minor updates regardless. Wanting to tidy some environment stuff before the major update

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Got personality / name persistence now modifying dialogue to insert local vars

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Going to post an update later today or tomorrow
It's a partial update, but it's necessary because I've added a lot of stuff
- Add save feature
- Add map 2 procedural dialogue CG, integrate with sprites
- Improve map 2 procedural generation: Add more objects and character bases
- Implement map 2 NPC movement and tracking ai
- Add map 2 character tracking
- Add map 2 storyline
- Add map 2 character base procedural generation
- Add movement progression to game story

Known bugs:
Map2 generation rarely generates 'index out of bound' error for procedurally generated node
Denizen can become stuck and has to be moved to post to get her off of you
Dialogue can become stuck when multi-targeted
Door of map 1 stuck
Fetish toggles opens LLM settings
Lag when opened from CLI

Afterwards will try to polish the game thus far and add CGs for a major update - 0.0.1! Exit from pre-alpha

v0.0.1 will bring many things that are not directly relevant to the player - sorry.
- CLI revamp, no more print spam, separate testing print from others interactive command line (if possible)
- Android export
- Integration testing
- IDE tooling
- CI/CD
- Code refactor for minimalism and clarity (change data structures, create loops, create classes, switch to minimal object oriented from procedural code)
- Consider switching away from Gdscript to more terse language that doesn't need python style indentation
- Project directory refactor

But v0.0.1 will also fix all known bugs as well as add CGs to scenes, in addition
- Make sound themes consistent
- Remaster sound levels
- Add sub-quests to level 1 and level 1 denizens
- Add many more objects to map2 and other types of procedurally generated NPCs, distinctly generate novel bases
- add subquests to map2

v0.0.2-v0.0.3 is intended to bring continual generation through chunking as well as AI text

I'm guessing v0.0.1 will probably take about a month. But some sub-updates will happen, probably on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. When CI/CD is up, successful integrations should be automagically posted to discord. So please, join the discord channel:

Last edited:
Reactions: Silverfan936

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
so I finally decided to try this....and I am confused, first off the building the door doesn't even work, I didn't download the LLM because.....is that nearly 4 gb of stuff? the text is also really irritating to read
anyway there wasn't anything to do after walking through the walls of the building because the door doesn't work I walked into the portal got a few sentences with one lady and then the rest just said "if you are reading this, it is a developer mistake" or something like that

im pretty confused right now

also what is the LLM it wants me to download, I probably would if it wasnt so slow

it concerns me how big the download is for how little early/little content is in the game
I think youll have difficulty with the game getting traction if these things arent explained we all arent tech savy and I dont know how many people would want to I assume once the game gets bigger and gets content a 100gb game

Reactions: Playfulpetfox

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
so I finally decided to try this....and I am confused, first off the building the door doesn't even work, I didn't download the LLM because.....is that nearly 4 gb of stuff? the text is also really irritating to read
anyway there wasn't anything to do after walking through the walls of the building because the door doesn't work I walked into the portal got a few sentences with one lady and then the rest just said "if you are reading this, it is a developer mistake" or something like that

im pretty confused right now

also what is the LLM it wants me to download, I probably would if it wasnt so slow

it concerns me how big the download is for how little early/little content is in the game
I think youll have difficulty with the game getting traction if these things arent explained we all arent tech savy and I dont know how many people would want to I assume once the game gets bigger and gets content a 100gb game
Thanks for your feedback

The game is functioning as intended. I'm aware of the flaws / bugs you mentioned. Sorry it sucks, lol, but it's still in pre-alpha. For a more polished play-through, wait until the alpha release of 0.0.1, probably in a month or so.

You don't have to download the LLM models, and there will be an option to download them while playing (this already works, just haven't updated the menu). I'll consider if there's a way to get faster model distribution, huggingface can be slow.

An LLM is a large language model. It's a binary data file that is sorted through to generate text.

For size, it should be reduced in the major next update, which focuses on cleaning up the project. I don't anticipate the size increasing exponentially in the way you have thought, unless 3D assets are added to the game.

Last edited:

uxuxux

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I'll wait. OP is probably just learning programming because this is a mess. Watching the thread though, could become cool one day. Who knows.

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
Hey !
Just wanted to give a heads up as a fellow dev
I'll wait for v0.1 for testing, good luck for your game :)
If you don't mind me asking, are those custom assets ? they look pretty nice

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
You can walk around the door (topleft).
Game is... lol its 393MB for just the smallest amount of pixel art and then asks you to download 4 gig extra, at an absolute snail pace. Then you start the game and its the most basic graphics known to man. The game is utterly buggy, text overlaps, and bugs out constantly, NPCs repeat their sentences over and over... it's very early alpha, v0.0.0.0.0.0.1a and should be maximum 30mb from what I've seen. No clue what the heck it needs 4gb+ for.

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
how can i delete savedata?
I want to know where the game stores additional downloaded files. can anyone give me an address?
savefile - ${your_user_directiory}\%APPDATA%\Godot\app_userdata\Succubus{Slave?Slavery?...}\savefile.tres
LLM - ${your_user_directory}\%APPDATA%\Godot\app_userdata\Succubus{Slave?Slavery?...}\llm-model.bin

Game is... lol its 393MB for just the smallest amount of pixel art and then asks you to download 4 gig extra, at an absolute snail pace. Then you start the game and its the most basic graphics known to man. The game is utterly buggy, text overlaps, and bugs out constantly, NPCs repeat their sentences over and over... it's very early alpha, v0.0.0.0.0.0.1a and should be maximum 30mb from what I've seen. No clue what the heck it needs 4gb+ for.

See:
why the sprite of the mc reminded me of agnes skinner?
lmfao
Hey !
Just wanted to give a heads up as a fellow dev
I'll wait for v0.1 for testing, good luck for your game :)
If you don't mind me asking, are those custom assets ? they look pretty nice
No rofl, but thanks

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
do the fetish toggles work for anyone else? it just keeps sending me to the LLM settings
It's bugged. I posted an update because I wanted to keep momentum and ensure that changes didn't spiral out of control (creation of lots of bugs), but didn't expect this much attention on it. I'll try to post a patch for the gamebreaking stuff today since it isn't that hard to fix

Last edited:

hamsterus

Aug 18, 2018
Hey, as a small piece of advice: It's okay to use %appdata% as a save location, especially if you intend to make saves compatible with further versions. What is not okay is using %appdata% to save a ~4GB llm file with weights. I'm pretty sure most people aren't using their main drive for games (I hope they aren't at least).

For me, the windows partition is only there to host windows and a few other programs that have to be installed there and I definitely did not appreciate not being asked for a download location. A possible sugestion is to just download the file to "." - the exe's actual location.

I'll be looking forward to updates to this, best of luck

st4rl1ght

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Hey, as a small piece of advice: It's okay to use %appdata% as a save location, especially if you intend to make saves compatible with further versions. What is not okay is using %appdata% to save a ~4GB llm file with weights. I'm pretty sure most people aren't using their main drive for games (I hope they aren't at least).

For me, the windows partition is only there to host windows and a few other programs that have to be installed there and I definitely did not appreciate not being asked for a download location. A possible sugestion is to just download the file to "." - the exe's actual location.

I'll be looking forward to updates to this, best of luck
Thanks for your interest / feedback. Sure, I can change the location. I just left it to default to save time

• Red Heart
Reactions: hamsterus