Unity Subjugation League: Super Heroines in Peril [Devilment Thread]

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Hello. Sorry for the lack up updates. Mostly on my end that is because of Balders Gate 3.

Sadly there is little that I can 'show' as most of what has been happening is writing and coding and the coder spent most of last month moving to a new place and has just now started getting back to the swing of things.

Most of the character assets are done for the time being, more will be made as needed and as the game progresses. And location assets will be made as they are needed in the story.

Right now we are focusing on building the systems and the code needed to track quests.

I have a lot of scenes written, it is just a matter of implementing them into the game once the framework of the game is written.

exloladdict

Aug 13, 2022
Hello. Sorry for the lack up updates. Mostly on my end that is because of Balders Gate 3.

Sadly there is little that I can 'show' as most of what has been happening is writing and coding and the coder spent most of last month moving to a new place and has just now started getting back to the swing of things.

Most of the character assets are done for the time being, more will be made as needed and as the game progresses. And location assets will be made as they are needed in the story.

Right now we are focusing on building the systems and the code needed to track quests.

I have a lot of scenes written, it is just a matter of implementing them into the game once the framework of the game is written.
Glad to hear everything's going well!

Reactions: Romenjack

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
This is a game Im seriously looking forward to now, the whole Futa corrupts the DC Universe has been an itch Ive been wanting to scratch properly for years in any form, but the few bits of media that have this are either too short or just abandond

Nov 19, 2018
Love this idea and wish you the best. It reminds me of Something Unlimited, but with Daz3d characters (a plus for me). As others have mentioned, not into futa. But I'll play it first once it's released, and make an opinion later!

TBH, I was thinking on doing something similar related with Marvel superheroes too. But maybe less base management and more VN.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Big update here.
No sexy pic’s, but I think it’s the next best thing!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What is this? What are we looking at?

I’m excited to show a sneak peak of our first internal development tool, the World Manager.

As you smart people of the forums can guess by this point, this is going to be a technical update to discuss our plans and progress with the project.

But before we can start, there is an elephant in the room: The recent changes in Unity’s Pricing and Plans.

With that being said we have a nice little update to show you on our coding end.

So that's about it for the time being. Thank you all so much for your support and for following us.

-Team

femanon

May 6, 2020
starfield is the next time sink. weirdly for me i enjoyed baldurs gate more but i got to higher hours on steam in starfield before baldurs gate.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
I know you might not be able to see what the difference is but in the original photo the daily planet building was just a jpeg. Now I have the actual model for the building

Also new lexcorp lab that will be used in the game instead of what was in the demo. I think it looks far more sterile and corporate.

also some reworks of Huntress and Batgirl

And finally for the MC I finally got it where the player can make an artificial cock using their powers but also later in the game you can modify your body so that you can be futa as well as allowing for preignition content.

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
So we are still chugging along. There was a hope for a time that we would have the first build out by Christmas but that isn't likely but we are getting much closer. A lot of the groundwork is done and now we are working on building the game proper.

And on that note depending on the player's choices the first super that you capture is going to be Zantanna or Killer Frost.

I have completely redesigned Zantanna and I think her outfit looks way more like her comic now. Killer frost was a real pain and I went back and forth a lot on do I want her to have white skin, blue skin, normal skin as she has been portrayed with all three and what would look best in this game. So I went with a whiter skin tone but hopefully one that doesn't look off-putting. (ie would bang) and her outfit was a real pain.

So hopefully we will have more news for you real soon.

pic.png

exloladdict

Aug 13, 2022
So we are still chugging along. There was a hope for a time that we would have the first build out by Christmas but that isn't likely but we are getting much closer. A lot of the groundwork is done and now we are working on building the game proper.

And on that note depending on the player's choices the first super that you capture is going to be Zantanna or Killer Frost.

I have completely redesigned Zantanna and I think her outfit looks way more like her comic now. Killer frost was a real pain and I went back and forth a lot on do I want her to have white skin, blue skin, normal skin as she has been portrayed with all three and what would look best in this game. So I went with a whiter skin tone but hopefully one that doesn't look off-putting. (ie would bang) and her outfit was a real pain.

So hopefully we will have more news for you real soon.

View attachment 3171619
I saw your post looking for a new programmer due to your current/previous one being unable to work on the game for the foreseeable future. I was worried that would put the project on hold or even cancel it but it seems like you have found a way to continue development. How are things going in that regard? Has the original programmer managed to find time to put towards the game or did you find a new one?

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
On another note, have you played https://f95zone.to/threads/supervillainy-v0-4-1-pupsi.74062/? It might serve as inspiration.
Yes we have a new programmer and we are moving along nicely. Though it does mean we won't have an update for Christmas like we originally planned. Hopefully in the next few months.

Yeah I have played it and I won't say it had no influence on this game. And I may have used it as a starting point in how I designed this game

Reactions: exloladdict

exloladdict

Aug 13, 2022
Yes we have a new programmer and we are moving along nicely. Though it does mean we won't have an update for Christmas like we originally planned. Hopefully in the next few months.

Yeah I have played it and I won't say it had no influence on this game. And I may have used it as a starting point in how I designed this game
That's awesome to hear. and by "that" I mean both that the project is moving along nicely and that you are taking inspiration from Supervillainy. Best of luck going foward!

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Sorry, delay is partially my fault. I had some computer issues around Christmas & it was Christmas/New Year, so things were a wee bit chaotic at home as well.

By the way, the game is being developed in a different engine, which has lots of export options, but Romenjack doesn't want the navigation/event system to use point & click mechanics so I'm having to create custom systems for that. I'm also having to write various framework functions myself instead of using the built-in features; though, to be honest, I'm mostly doing that in the hope that it will significantly reduce the amount of time it will take to develop each update build & also in the hope that old save game files will work with newer release builds.

I've already coded a bunch of the framework functions, like drawing character sprites (Romenjack wanted to dissolve between the different sprites like in ren'py, but visionaire doesn't do that by default with any of the built in animation systems, so I'm having to grab the sprites via Lua draw & do voodoo code magic on them to accomplish that - but on a plus note, at least importing animations & sorting out their timings, etc. is fast & easy). I've also coded a basic rollback & skip system, but I will probably tweak it in the future. the dialog/choice system is done, but I'm waiting for an engine update with some requests I put in so that I can have dialog choices similar to ren'py; as opposed to oldschool inside of a bounding box. dialog, narration, & inner monolog text system is also coded & working.

Right now, I'm working on the navigation & event system, then I will carry on importing & sorting out the CG, dialog, & event code.

The first build will probably be a little rough as I'm planning on coding/tweaking the character & CG tween functions after the initial release to shake things up a wee bit in regard to CG transitions, parallax/zoom for scenes, & what the character sprites are doing (moving around, ducking, jumping, shaking, tilting - right now they can just be positioned & they can blink), etc.

Quick note: I'm a 2D point & click developer normally, so I'm used to working with 2D graphics & animations & not 3DCG content, but it's ok as we have some pretty nice methods for optimizing games in the engine I use - that said, the default game resolution is 1080p, so I'm not sure how well android/ios builds will run. I can also export for mac & linux. HTML5 is also possible, but I'm just going to ignore that completely as 3DCG @ 1080p is probably not going to run well at all - even with all images/animations using webp image format.

Last edited:

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
A'llo, quick dev update...
  • I've finished coding a basic navigation & action/event system, so I'm ready to start implementing that into the game now.
  • I've tweaked the dialog/narration system along with skip/progress & rollback tweaks (holding space to skip through the current scenario/cg will automatically stop on the last step to give the player a chance to rollback through the current scenario/cg).
  • I've updated how dialog is handled from the external language files (reason I'm using external files for text is to provide translators/modders easy access to them - I could technically encrypt them, but I don't see the point). I've also updated how character names work, so that they are also included in the external language files, which adds support for custom names & multiple nicknames; all of which can be injected directly into the dialog text.
  • I've finished coding a basic CG transition tween function which lets me fade/wipe in/out the CG sprites. I believe the plan later on is to include more variation in regard to transitions. Also animated things, & zoom in/out, panning, parallax, etc. I kind of want to look into creating comic panel style transitions too (similar to what has done), but they are complicated to create due to me not having any control over the graphic creation side of things for the game.
Anyway, I'm working on converting & importing all of the image resource files & dialog I've received so far into Visionaire Studio & I'm working on developing the prototype build now. I've already sorted out a few dialog scenarios but I'm still waiting on variations for the character sprites (different outfits, moods & blink variations) so that the characters aren't just playing the same static sprite for every single dialog. I'm currently in the process of sorting out the first CG right now. Also, the dialog is in dire need of proofreading/editing as well.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll have the first build ready within the next few weeks or so - though it will be a rough build with static CG & probably no sounds/music - although I do own loads of sound packs that I've collected over the years.

Last edited:

exloladdict

Aug 13, 2022
A'llo, quick dev update...
  • I've finished coding a basic navigation & action/event system, so I'm ready to start implementing that into the game now.
  • I've tweaked the dialog/narration system along with skip/progress & rollback tweaks (holding space to skip through the current scenario/cg will automatically stop on the last step to give the player a chance to rollback through the current scenario/cg).
  • I've updated how dialog is handled from the external language files (reason I'm using external files for text is to provide translators/modders easy access to them - I could technically encrypt them, but I don't see the point). I've also updated how character names work, so that they are also included in the external language files, which adds support for custom names & multiple nicknames; all of which can be injected directly into the dialog text.
  • I've finished coding a basic CG transition tween function which lets me fade/wipe in/out the CG sprites. I believe the plan later on is to include more variation in regard to transitions. Also animated things, & zoom in/out, panning, parallax, etc. I kind of want to look into creating comic panel style transitions too (similar to what has done), but they are complicated to create due to me not having any control over the graphic creation side of things for the game.
Anyway, I'm working on converting & importing all of the image resource files & dialog I've received so far into Visionaire Studio & I'm working on developing the prototype build now. I've already sorted out a few dialog scenarios but I'm still waiting on variations for the character sprites (different outfits, moods & blink variations) so that the characters aren't just playing the same static sprite for every single dialog. I'm currently in the process of sorting out the first CG right now. Also, the dialog is in dire need of proofreading/editing as well.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll have the first build ready within the next few weeks or so - though it will be a rough build with static CG & probably no sounds/music - although I do own loads of sound packs that I've collected over the years.

Hey Mow.Mow.Mow., can you share any updates?