4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
its abandoned iffy the Dev abandoned it it is Mostly Fan Made content etc The original dev has Nothing to do with it

Iffy-Chan

Nov 27, 2017
The game has always been a collaborative project with people coming and leaving the development of it, I'd assume that when you're talking about the Dev you're talking about Kmalloc who officially left the Development of the game late october 2017 and to quote Kmalloc's post from when they left
  • Anyone who's worried that this is gonna affect the project in some horrible way: it's not. I haven't been actively participating in the development for quite a while now so me leaving will have no significant effect. It's basically just a formality at this point.
also going to link the post and since then 3.0 came out at the end of january and 3.1 in late febuary although 3.1 was mainly bugfixes.

TL;DR It's not abandoned, it was always a Collaborative project and Kmalloc leaving the project has had little to no effect on the games development since they left.

Reactions: LenioTG

LenioTG

Oct 11, 2017
The game has always been a collaborative project with people coming and leaving the development of it, I'd assume that when you're talking about the Dev you're talking about Kmalloc who officially left the Development of the game late october 2017 and to quote Kmalloc's post from when they left also going to link the post and since then 3.0 came out at the end of january and 3.1 in late febuary although 3.1 was mainly bugfixes.

TL;DR It's not abandoned, it was always a Collaborative project and Kmalloc leaving the project has had little to no effect on the games development since they left.
Thank you!!! I was really afraid to find confermation of that "Abandoned" tag. Is it possible to remove it?

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
I'm one of the devs of the game and can confirm that it is, in fact, not dead.
Actually, you can follow along with the development, even day-by-day if you want to, since we're open-source and all activities are displayed in real-time on our Git repository, .

Artymka1

Nov 23, 2018
Original. I really liked it. The game is special - part with Natsumi.
(Music is included in the event)
It is rather unusual to be in such a situation and become another person.
I want a continuation and similar projects with similar events.

l3gion

Feb 8, 2018
I'm one of the devs of the game and can confirm that it is, in fact, not dead.
Actually, you can follow along with the development, even day-by-day if you want to, since we're open-source and all activities are displayed in real-time on our Git repository, .
Is there any way for us to use what y'all are working on in the game?

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
Is there any way for us to use what y'all are working on in the game?
That depends on what you mean by "use".
We do offer something called "Scenario Mode", which basically allows you to (with relative ease) create scripts and scenes similar to the base game, as scenario packages that can be shared with other people. Scenario Mode enables you to use all our core-infrastructure as well as sprites to create your own spinoff version of ST or a completely new story as we support adding new characters, sounds, music and backgrounds as well.

Of course you can also access the Git repository directly to take a look at and download the source files for the game itself, should you have a need for them.

l3gion

Feb 8, 2018
That depends on what you mean by "use".
We do offer something called "Scenario Mode", which basically allows you to (with relative ease) create scripts and scenes similar to the base game, as scenario packages that can be shared with other people. Scenario Mode enables you to use all our core-infrastructure as well as sprites to create your own spinoff version of ST or a completely new story as we support adding new characters, sounds, music and backgrounds as well.

Of course you can also access the Git repository directly to take a look at and download the source files for the game itself, should you have a need for them.
I meant use any of the updated files you have for the games story, or any scenarios y'all have made sense the last update in February. I really enjoyed the story, just antsy for new stuff.

Reactions: Furyous D

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
I meant use any of the updated files you have for the games story, or any scenarios y'all have made sense the last update in February. I really enjoyed the story, just antsy for new stuff.
Well, if you really wanted to spoil yourself with half-finished content that is not animated at all, you could download the master version of the game and run it in a standalone Ren'Py instance. The experience is not going to be great, however.
The scenarios are not made by us, so we can't really "release them" for the actual authors. You'll have to check our main forums for new scenarios (or the Discord, where we announce them whenever new ones are released).

We typically release a new version around the end of the year (or early in the beginning of the next) so you won't have to wait too long for a new version in any case.

However if you haven't played any other scenarios than the ones included in the last 3.1 release, you'll be in for quite a surprise because we've had a constant stream of new scenarios ever since. There is so much content out there it probably eclipses the base game in sheer size at this point (though we can't vouch for the quality, naturally). If you want to check it out, the forum is .

l3gion

Feb 8, 2018
Well, if you really wanted to spoil yourself with half-finished content that is not animated at all, you could download the master version of the game and run it in a standalone Ren'Py instance. The experience is not going to be great, however.
The scenarios are not made by us, so we can't really "release them" for the actual authors. You'll have to check our main forums for new scenarios (or the Discord, where we announce them whenever new ones are released).

We typically release a new version around the end of the year (or early in the beginning of the next) so you won't have to wait too long for a new version in any case.

However if you haven't played any other scenarios than the ones included in the last 3.1 release, you'll be in for quite a surprise because we've had a constant stream of new scenarios ever since. There is so much content out there it probably eclipses the base game in sheer size at this point (though we can't vouch for the quality, naturally). If you want to check it out, the forum is .
Well, in that case i will just wait for the main game. Especially as close as it is. As for the scenarios i will have to give those a look. See how people did. Thanks for the timely response.

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
ok well its been almost a year since the last post and its still in 3.1 so i'm assuming the
isn't a thing anymore or its on one of those other sites witch is kinda a bummer from looking at the screenshots and the brief description it sounds like the game is right up my alley

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
"Almost" being the imperative word. Since the last release came out around February, a yearly release schedule would put this release in the same timeframe.
We're likely gunning for a February release, though there won't be a fixed release date since we're still assembling the content.

On another note: This thread is not managed by any of the ST dev-team members. We do not know the OP and we are not able to update it with the newest release, even if it did come out right now. I'll do what I can and let you know about v4 in a normal reply to this thread, but the OP is out of our hands.

Reactions: john_smith98

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
Hey, I know it's bad practice to double-post but I believe it is warranted in this case, given that I'm happy to let you know that there will most likely be a release of v4 of Student Transfer this month (February)!
We have almost doubled the content again (compared to v3's word count) so there'll be plenty of new stuff to explore.
Normally we only handle releases and "official" communication on TFGS (our main platform), but since I already found this thread I figured it would be common courtesy to announce it here as well.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Hey, I know it's bad practice to double-post but I believe it is warranted in this case, given that I'm happy to let you know that there will most likely be a release of v4 of Student Transfer this month (February)!
We have almost double the content again (compared to v3's word count) so there'll be plenty of new stuff to explore.
Normally we only handle releases and "official" communication on TFGS (our main platform), but since I already found this thread I figured it would be common courtesy to announce it here as well.
So, I just reported your comment, for good reasons! I just stated that you are part of the development team and that a new version of this game ought to be coming out this month. In the future, if you want to get the moderators' attention, post your comment and report yourself! :D

Looking forward to the continuation of this game! Cheers!

cobaltcore

Jun 6, 2018
In the future, if you want to get the moderators' attention, post your comment and report yourself!
I wasn't really trying to get the moderator's attention, really, more that of the actual players of this VN.
I don't really use this forum, so I'm not too familiar with the culture and your way of doing things, so I expected the OP to update whenever they are around again. If I can get the mods to update it via this technique and that is permissible, I'll keep that in mind for the next round, so thanks for the heads-up.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes