Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Is there really no way to do something as basic as changing how the hair looks? I'm pretty sure Free Cities had that option just by examining yourself, plus the portraits are mostly organized by hair color, the style of the hair seems to be an afterthought.

Considering you can straight up change their genetic hair color, the fact you can't change the style feels retarded.
The player character appears to have been implemented entirely separately from the slaves and as a result has some inconsistencies that weren't resolved, such as not being able to change the hairstyle. Currently the way to access to the player's hairstyle is by editing the save file, which is JSON formatted text. For slaves this option is found in the Customization tab.

The portrait organization and selection is largely run by the community. The unmodded game only considers the race names when selecting images, which are not provided. Mav never really got involved in the random slave images until recently in Conquest.

Reactions: JungleNuts

ElCativo1988

Mar 13, 2018
I would think it would be nice if it was possible for the children, etc. to get older. And then I can set that teenagers can have children at the earliest. Is there a mod that ensures that you don't get thrown money etc at you?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Where can I check supplies and is there a reputation bar? I want to know when I should stop capturing slaves.
"Supplies" is an item that appears in your inventory. Your reputations are listed in the player character inspection panel, which is accessed from the mansion navigation bar.

The soft cap on slaves is when you have difficulty feeding them, though there are various work arounds. The "hard" cap happens when the game crashes while loading the save file. I don't remember exactly how many triggers this, but most people don't have to worry about it. As long as you keep playing this probably won't have any effect, and while the game is quite stable without mods I recommend having a save file.

May 10, 2024
Can someone explain how exactly the library works? I get the general gist of it that it provides experience and learning points. However does that only apply to the person working as the librarian or does it affect everyone in the manor regardless if they're fighting mobs with me. Also, what does "experience efficiency decreases with level." Does this mean if the librarian has a high level the experience they give out to everyone is lower?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Can someone explain how exactly the library works? I get the general gist of it that it provides experience and learning points. However does that only apply to the person working as the librarian or does it affect everyone in the manor regardless if they're fighting mobs with me. Also, what does "experience efficiency decreases with level." Does this mean if the librarian has a high level the experience they give out to everyone is lower?
Code:
        person.xp += max((15 + 5*globals.state.mansionupgrades.mansionlibrary + person.wit/12) - (person.level-1)*8,0)
        person.learningpoints += ceil(person.wit/20)+globals.state.mansionupgrades.mansionlibrary
It provides experience only to the slaves that study in the library. There is no librarian nor any distributed experience from the library. For every level a slave gains, that slave gains less experience per day spent in the library.

For reference, these are the numbers of a maxed library for a noble slave with maxed wit:
Level 1: 38 exp per day, ~3 days to level up
Level 2: 15 exp per day, ~7 days to level up
Level 3: 7 exp per day, ~14 days to level up
Level 4: 4 exp per day, ~25 days to level up
Level 5+: 1 exp per day, ~100 days to level up

The slave roughly gains 1 learning point per 20 wit plus 1 per library level per day.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
'Diminishing returns' might have been the more obvious phrasing for it. The higher the level the less xp is gained

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Is there another way for slaves to replenish their energy or do I have to let them rest/not fight?
Every day slaves will gain a little bit of energy that depends on their endurance and the quality of their bed. The choice of working a job or resting has almost no impact on how much energy they regain. The choice of job affects the slave's stress and if they have at least a light amount of stress then there is a small chance that they will lose a moderate amount of energy.

Each day the player may use the "Rest and eat" option once during exploration which fully restores the energy of the combat party as well as a quarter of their health and two thirds of their stress. While this may seem useful for exploration and combat, your combat party doesn't really need energy to travel and fight, so it is often better to use this near the end of a journey so that they are in good condition for anything else.

Last but not least are the Dream and Invigorate spells. The Dream spell recovers all energy and a good portion of stress, but the slave will be "away" until the next day. The Invigorate spell is a potent energy spell that restores half of a slave's energy and about half of the player's energy with the only downsides being that the slave gains a moderate to light amount of stress and the spell can't be used during combat.

May 10, 2024
Am I the only one that has a max of 4 endurance for my character? I unlocked the laboratory and thought there would be an upgrade for it but there isn't it.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Am I the only one that has a max of 4 endurance for my character? I unlocked the laboratory and thought there would be an upgrade for it but there isn't it.
The player character's max stats are unique as they are not race dependent. You can choose your own max stats during the starting setup or you can choose quick start and be given a random set of max stats.

There are no Endurance body modifications, but the Eastern Sword comes with a +1 bonus and it is possible to find armor and accessories enchanted with a +1 bonus.

Odd amounts, including bonuses, of Endurance are ideal for the player character in terms of action points.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes