wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
Hello! I have a question: someone.. by any chance has managed to go through the quest that requires you to go to the Undercity Ruins for gathering some documents? And if yes, how do you manage to beat the guardian? Because everytime I end up confronting him, I always lose - mostly because he is strong as fuck, and because my companions are always tired and so I'm alone and of course I'm not able to beat it :/
you'll need a group thats high level arm them with the best weapons and armour (you as well) and make sure you train and they train till like level 25-30, also have them learn spells and skills so that they can pack and extra punch.

Reactions: jpsimon

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
you'll need a group thats high level arm them with the best weapons and armour (you as well) and make sure you train and they train till like level 25-30, also have them learn spells and skills so that they can pack and extra punch.
Oh, ok, thanks! I'll try that! The only thing that i don't have are the levels. About the equipment, every slave I have is equipped with the newest armor (elven) and a Claymore. Thanks again ^^

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I guess it's easier for him if the saves are in the user directory for multi-platform compatibility, but I don't see any valid reason the pictures folder can't be loaded with res://Portraits/ instead of user://Portraits/ or even better check both locations for them.
Moving the portraits folder was easy enough. Last night I was trying to get the res://portraits folder to open with the button in the UI for "Open Portraits Folder." (where all the slave portraits show up in that grid in the game). So, you push the button, and it opens "strive root\portraits\". You'd think that would be really easy. Right? You can get the path of the executable (including the executable itself, which made the button launch a second instance of the game), or the path of the script, but not the full system path of res:\\.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's line 977, which leads to line 1099. That "OS.get_data_dir()" has no "OS.get_base_dir" equivalent. I spent a little over an hour sifting through google, examples, and documentation and just could not get it to fire. I eventually said fuck it and just made it trigger a tooltip saying it didn't work. That's why the upload I made yesterday of the full version + portraits has that little imperfection.

I'm sure there's a way to do it. I just don't have time to learn too much about Godot. But some of my files, like Mansion.GD and outside.GD, are pretty much entirely different games at this point.

Last edited:

kulbak

Oct 31, 2016
<<< Strive for Power v0.4.45a (Win64) with Portrait Pack pre-installed, and Patron options cracked
Edit: Fixed Beastkin/Halfkin portrait issue.

[/SPOILER]
Hi, jpsimon. I would like to know how to mode one thing in this game.

I don't need cheats. The game is fair how it is. I just don't like the pregnancy system. It takes way to long for the child to develop in the monster girl, and then another 28 days + 5 days for him to become adult. That's way to much.
I would like to control the time for the pregnancy.

Ideally, i would like to know were is the line code for the pregnancy and how to change it. Otherwise, 3 days till birth and 7 days till adulthood would be fine. Can you suggest how to do it?

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi, jpsimon. I would like to know how to mode one thing in this game.

I don't need cheats. The game is fair how it is. I just don't like the pregnancy system. It takes way to long for the child to develop in the monster girl, and then another 28 days + 5 days for him to become adult. That's way to much.
I would like to control the time for the pregnancy.

Ideally, i would like to know were is the line code for the pregnancy and how to change it. Otherwise, 3 days till birth and 7 days till adulthood would be fine. Can you suggest how to do it?
Quick & dirty?
Mansion.GD, line 1005
Code:
func nextdayevents():
    var player = globals.player
    if player.preg.duration > 30 && player.preg.baby != null:   ## << Change 30 to pregnancy length you desire.
        childbirth(player)
        get_node("FinishDayPanel").set_hidden(true)
        return
    for i in globals.slaves:
        if i.preg.baby != null && (i.preg.duration > 30 || (i.race == 'Goblin' && i.preg.duration > 16)): ## << Change 30 to pregnancy length you desire.
            if i.race == 'Goblin':
                i.away.duration = 2
            else:
                i.away.duration = 3
            i.away.at = 'in labor'
            childbirth(i)
            get_node("FinishDayPanel").set_hidden(true)
            return
The reason I call that "Dirty" is because of the 30 or so lines after line #746, which basically say to let you know she's pregnant on day 6, let you know she's about to give birth on day 12, lactate on day 10, etc etc. All of that will be missed if the pregnancy duration is less than 5 or whatever. It won't hurt the game, though. But as far as flavor goes, you know, it's the full package. If I was making a mod, I'd do something with those messages so they weren't missed. Particularly the lactation one.

Reactions: kulbak

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
One question (another one, honestly lol): by any chance, is possible to.. modify somehow the experience gained from enemies..? Or at least a single enemy? So that when i'll encounter him, I'll gain the amount of exp that I've settled?

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
One question (another one, honestly lol): by any chance, is possible to.. modify somehow the experience gained from enemies..? Or at least a single enemy? So that when i'll encounter him, I'll gain the amount of exp that I've settled?
In Exploration.GD ... Line 873 ...
Code:
    for unit in enemygroup.units:
       if unit.capture != null:
           defeated.units.append(unit.capture)
           defeated.names.append(unit.name)
           defeated.select.append(0)
           defeated.faction.append(unit.faction)
       for i in unit.rewardpool:
           var chance = unit.rewardpool[i]
           if ranger == true:
               chance = chance*1.5
           if rand_range(0,100) <= chance:
               if i == 'gold':
                   goldearned += round(rand_range(unit.rewardgold[0], unit.rewardgold[1]))
               elif i == 'supply':
                   supplyearned += round(rand_range(unit.rewardsupply.low, unit.rewardsupply.high))
               else:
                   var item = globals.itemdict[i]
                   text = text + '\nLooted ' + item.name + '.'
                   item.amount += 1
       expearned += unit.rewardexp  ##<< Line #873
Line 873 (the bottom one) translates to "The game is awarding you experience for killing a specific unit" (which has a set experience amount that can be found in Combatdata.GD). There's 24 units and each has a different EXP value. Anyway, that's beside the point. You would need to change that last line to ramp up the experience gain. For example,

Code:
       expearned += unit.rewardexp*1.5  ##<< 150% experience
       expearned += unit.rewardexp*2  ##<< 200% experience
       expearned += unit.rewardexp*100  ##<< 10000% experience,
because fuck yeah, it's free pie wednesday at ocharlies and I don't
have time to grind on wolves.
You get the idea.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
0.4.46c is out at usual location
Sexy. Thanks for that.

I'll toss up some mirrors to go with your changelog. Supporter section password is "bxjsfybp". Crack to get rid of the password entirely is attached (tested on Win64 Strive v04.46c). To use it, drop the file in the 'scripts' directory, and leave the password field blank in-game, just click the "Access supporter panel" button. (edit: I checked, and "options.tres.GD" is indeed different from 0.4.45a, so you will need the new crack.)
Image1.jpg
-- These files are past their expiration date. Please check towards the end of the thread for fresh versions. Thank you for shopping at F95zone. --

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Honestly speaking... this update for certain things is, somewhat, awesome.. but the food capacity capped to 500. And you can only increase the storage with the upgrade points. I mean, It's not my case (because yeah, i'm not the "grind type" so i'm using the cheats in here), but if anyone that plays fairly has something like 20 servants already from the previous saves, he/she is forced to sell most of them or to do the mission. Otherwise they may starts to give some problems because food is already finished.

That's the only thing that i don't like at all :/

wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
how do i unlock the farm? i dont see the quest :(

EDIT : also this just out of curiosity can we cheat our stats (strength,agility,endurance,magic)??

Last edited:
B

bugmenot1425

how do i unlock the farm? i dont see the quest :(

EDIT : also this just out of curiosity can we cheat our stats (strength,agility,endurance,magic)??
Menu -> Save/Load -> Open folder
Open your savegame with Notepad (it's a text file!), change the values, save and reload.
Current stats: str_cur, agi_cur, end_cur, maf_cur (the first occurrences are those of the MC).

Reactions: Valkomerenn

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Image1.jpg
Strive for Power v.0.4.47a
(Patron early release)
WIN64:
WIN32:
MAC:
LINUX:
Please support Maverick if you enjoy his stuff. If you don't want to use your wallet (I get it, I've been broke as fuck, too), at least tell others you enjoyed it and help spread the word. Thanks!

=================================================================

I have some side-dishes for you, as well. These were all made using v0.4.47a and are not guaranteed to work on future versions.

<-- 1.) Portraits that actually work. The portraits folder goes in the game's root folder, right next to the files folder, and the script file goes in files/scripts/. Basically, just drop this file in your game directory and it will sort itself out, then set up the portraits like normal. The race filter button now works, among other fixes. Make sure to put both the script file and the folder where they belong. If there's no portraits like in the screens below, you messed something up. Does not set portraits by default.
port1.jpg port2.jpg port3.jpg

2.) Patron password crack. Just click the button. Don't type anything. You don't need a password. Clicky clicky. That's it. File is attached to this post.
crack.jpg

<-- 3.) Strive for Power v.0.4.47a for Winx64 +pre-installed portraits +pre-installed crack. This is the full game download with the 2 tweaks above already set up so you can dive right in and play. You were probably going to download them anyway, so whatever.

Last edited:

klang

Aug 15, 2016
View attachment 15550
Strive for Power v.0.4.47a
(Patron early release)
WIN64:
WIN32:
MAC:
LINUX:
Please support Maverick if you enjoy his stuff. If you don't want to use your wallet (I get it, I've been broke as fuck, too), at least tell others you enjoyed it and help spread the word. Thanks!

I have some side-dishes for you, as well. These were all made using v0.4.47a and are not guaranteed to work on future versions.

<-- 1.) Portraits that actually work. The portraits folder goes in the game's root folder, right next to the files folder, and the script file goes in files/scripts/. Basically, just drop this file in your game directory and it will sort itself out, then set up the portraits like normal. The race filter button now works, among other fixes. Make sure to put both the script file and the folder where they belong. If there's no portraits like in the screens below, you messed something up. Works on all OS. Does not set portraits by default.
View attachment 15562 View attachment 15563 View attachment 15564

2.) Patron password crack. Just click the button. Don't type anything. You don't need a password. Clicky clicky. That's it. Works on all OS. File is attached to this post.
View attachment 15561

<-- 3.) Strive for Power v.0.4.47a for Winx64 +pre-installed portraits +pre-installed crack. This is the full game download with the 2 tweaks above already set up so you can dive right in and play. You were probably going to download them anyway, so whatever.
On macOS, there are no "files" or "scripts" folders.

Inside the package, there's "macOS" and "resources" folders.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Inside the package, there's "macOS" and "resources" folders.
Whoops. Guess that was a bit too much thinking for me so early in the morning.

====

In related news, I spent a few hours today trying to hamfist automatic randomized portraits into the game without much luck. I was able to have a default portrait applied by race as soon as the slave was bought/captured. But, getting them randomized (out of that portrait folder with like 800 portraits) is just beyond my knowledge of the Bogot engine. The best I could do was a unique portrait for each race applied on acquisition - but only 1. It was the directory listing/randomizing that I couldn't figure out. With python, I could have had it done in about 10 minutes.

Bogot is sort of a a pain in the ass. It's very similar to popular languages, making simple changes and hacks easy. But that slight difference in syntax is just enough to make complex changes difficult without actually learning the language thorougly. And Bogot is not popular enough to have a large amount of resources and support, like C++ or Python. So I called it quits there. Maybe another day.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Whoops. Guess that was a bit too much thinking for me so early in the morning.

====

In related news, I spent a few hours today trying to hamfist automatic randomized portraits into the game without much luck. I was able to have a default portrait applied by race as soon as the slave was bought/captured. But, getting them randomized (out of that portrait folder with like 800 portraits) is just beyond my knowledge of the Bogot engine. The best I could do was a unique portrait for each race applied on acquisition - but only 1. It was the directory listing/randomizing that I couldn't figure out. With python, I could have had it done in about 10 minutes.

Bogot is sort of a a pain in the ass. It's very similar to popular languages, making simple changes and hacks easy. But that slight difference in syntax is just enough to make complex changes difficult without actually learning the language thorougly. And Bogot is not popular enough to have a large amount of resources and support, like C++ or Python. So I called it quits there. Maybe another day.
So.. if I understood correctly what you wanted to do.. you wanted to make sure that every time we captured a slave, a script/line of a code or something like that, would randomly choose one of the many portraits available? Instead of putting it all the time, by ourselves? I'm asking this because I don't know anything at all XD

And putting aside this question, honestly I still have a problem with the Farm. I can't choose that even if I dismiss the current slave and then put it back. And I've practically finished the main quest as well as all of the side-quest :/

(Oh, and another thing: personally I didn't need the password for accessing the panel! It has just opened without a problem! And i've downloaded the first version, before you actually modify the post with everything needed)

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
you wanted to make sure that every time we captured a slave, a script/line of a code or something like that, would randomly choose one of the many portraits available? Instead of putting it all the time, by ourselves?
Yup. That's it. It wouldn't take more than 25 lines of code total, but I can't figure out the right syntax with my lack of experience .... The farm thing, I am not sure. I know remember it involves some errands in the main town, and you have to be past a certain point in the main quest to start it. Alise or the woman at the college should give you a tip when it's available,
Code:
    elif (globals.state.mainquest == 8 || globals.state.mainquest == 9) && globals.state.mansionupgrades.mansionlab >= 1:
        text = ("— So, about something new. Do you know about the farms? If not, Sebastian could probably tell you a few things. But anyway, the Taurus race in fact has a higher than average milk output. Not only that, but you'll be able to increase production even further by enhancing them with more and bigger... assets. This is your mission for now. Provide for me a taurus girl, ideally suited for milking, with multiple giant breasts.\n\n— I will leave the search for such a girl to you; consider it a part of a mission. While you are at it, I'll prepare your next promotion.")
        globals.state.mainquest = 10
        sprites = [['melissafriendly','pos1','opac']]
It's been a while since I actually played the game. I just like breaking it. I don't remember the exact steps. According that code, you need to be on part 8 or 9 (edit: stage 7 seems to be where you get the Youthing Elixir for Melissa and become a Journeyman) of the main quest and have the lab opened up, and bring that woman a taurus. Do you have the lab? ... As for the password, what version are using? I just loaded the Win64 one out of curiousity, and it was still locked.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes