CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Well, i was really surprised that investment banks are really cutting edge of IT. Adoption of new technologies is really rapid compared to other industries. I've seen old software in other branches - energy, military but banks are paying big money to have new systems. Of course COBOL is there as well, but new projects are really fun to play with.
it's because there's not enough people who know COBOL or the specific versions to be able to be able to switch over, so programmers that know all the ins & outs of Cobol tend to make rather large checks from banks either to keep their systems on life support or to transfer them over from, but basically cobol programmers are relatively high pay grade & in all honesty I think the Cobol programmers of the past were evil geniuses who made their programs so well integrated that it guaranteed job security. Unfortunately it guaranteed their job security so well that they still get contracted outside of retirement to work on systems they've made and worked on their entire careers.

oh as far as your cutting edge comment, they just tend to layer on top of their main Cobol system. so you have a lot systems and subsystems relying on this old Cobol system.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
So much has changed, there used to be a menu for fucking the slaves... did they remove that? the only way to fuck a slave now is via the interaction menu in the mansion tab.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
tme game is up to 0.5.7b why has the thread not been updated to reflect that
For starter because the last patreon of his left around the time the author announced the planed switch to the new version of the Godot engine and removal of a portion of the game with promises to return it and the compatibility of the previous engine version at a later date ...
And then I lost interest for pretty much the same reason and because of the author's attitude when reporting to him some of the problems with the new versions after the engine "upgrade" ...

You can get the latest public version (0.5.6a) from:

P.S. Maybe once the author fulfills his promises the interest in his game will return but I wouldn't hold my breath considering the news from the authors of the engine about the promised features he is waiting for ...

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
And then I lost interest for pretty much the same reason and because of the author's attitude when reporting to him some of the problems
Good I'm not the only one.

It's pretty sad this game has no community and any upgrading of game or changing is next to impossible. Current modding support is non-existing - some time ago I tried to create mod which adds more detailed description to slave capture interface after fight, but number of changes required to do so in core code was too high to bother.

Compare it with Lillth's Throne which is more or less similar game, but it is on github and despite license which literally robs you of your code there are people who want to contribute (just look at )

Reactions: gue5t

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
If you compare it to Lilth's Throne its easy to see they aren't even remotely the same game or have similarities. For one SfP was always a small project with a very focused direction and its code structure reflects that. LT looks like it was designed in a very modular fashion which makes additions and modifications easier. Compared to SfP which as a VERY dense and compact code base which makes it very cryptic to piece apart and make modifications. All the locations are practically jammed into 3 different code files which makes expansion very difficult.

The modification and changes are actually very natural if the developer wants to grow the project beyond its current scope. I believe CoC went through very similar growing pains in the past.

Honestly the game is decent, but very much in the 'look and see' category. Once all the engine modifications are done and the code is cleaned up we'll be able to see if there's more room for growth or if it'll be completed and a new project started fresh like Fenoxo did moving from CoC to TiTS. I'm leaning towards the later since SfP already has an ending written so the developer clearly knows there isn't much room for growth and community involvement in his small project.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
well while I wouldn't call the game complete the developer believes it to be for the most part. which is a shame good over all story but horrible pacing towards the end resulting in what feels like an incomplete game. that & that ending is just wtf left field cause one would expect more of a build up after the first time meeting the lead antagonist but the next mission you're bitch slapping him into submission.

Fire Fall

Jan 8, 2018
Sorry if this was already answered but, is it possible to put more than one line as result of an action?
I wanted to add more variations to the lines that are repeated all the times.
Everytime I try to add new ones I break the code.

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
Sorry if this was already answered but, is it possible to put more than one line as result of an action?
I wanted to add more variations to the lines that are repeated all the times.
Everytime I try to add new ones I break the code.
Don't think people ask coding questions, but to answer your question yes you can. However you would have to do it in a round about way just like how the encounter system works.

First make the action trigger the RNG and then you can work out the different actions based on the results.

Example:
Roll randomly 1-10. If 1-3 then Action A, if 4-6 then Action B, if 7-9 then action C, if 10 then Action D.
OR
Roll randomly 1-2. If 1 then A, if 2 then B.

etc etc etc.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Wow I've been playing Liliths Throne nonstop since someone here recommended it, wish it had some sort of graphics since it's purely text but the options are unlimited.

Reminds me of Freecities' early days, and now it has lots of art with the vector thingy. 10/10

D

Deleted member 7072

0.5.7d has been out for a week, anyone have a download?

gamer11111

Mar 30, 2018
Love the game. Hope they add a button so when you don't want to modify a slave anymore at the lab that you can check it off for now. I don't like having to keep scrolling through when I'm done with a slave.

Fire Fall

Jan 8, 2018
Don't think people ask coding questions, but to answer your question yes you can. However you would have to do it in a round about way just like how the encounter system works.

First make the action trigger the RNG and then you can work out the different actions based on the results.

Example:
Roll randomly 1-10. If 1-3 then Action A, if 4-6 then Action B, if 7-9 then action C, if 10 then Action D.
OR
Roll randomly 1-2. If 1 then A, if 2 then B.

etc etc etc.
Thanks.
I had to stare at the code for a while but I got it working.
Editing images, editing code, if I keep this up I might end up making my own game with beer and prostitutes XD

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Thanks.
I had to stare at the code for a while but I got it working.
Editing images, editing code, if I keep this up I might end up making my own game with beer and prostitutes XD
Well I mean it's always good to have mods, I ended up modding mine because I was getting tired of losing rep for killing bandits.

Dev said leaving corpses out there was not civilised/ok thing to do, which is great if you play in a modern day scenario... in a medieval themed game if you killed looters and bandits IN THEIR OWN BANDITS ENCAMPMENTS you could expect the bailiff/sheriff being kinda fucking happy instead of a penalty. -_-

caju

Oct 5, 2017
For starter because the last patreon of his left around the time the author announced the planed switch to the new version of the Godot engine and removal of a portion of the game with promises to return it and the compatibility of the previous engine version at a later date ...
And then I lost interest for pretty much the same reason and because of the author's attitude when reporting to him some of the problems with the new versions after the engine "upgrade" ...
What was the last working version prior to the new "upgrade"?
*I have no idea why the developer decided breaking their game was in their interest*

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes