Nironan

Dec 27, 2017
Is there any mod working with the current version, or at least: have I missed some tip how to make game-folder-profiles working? (I know there is an option ingame, but whatever I do like direct path or res:// it's reset to user://).

not going to lie, would kill for a crude save editing program so I wouldn't have to go through this long line of code and just breaking it up into multiple sections to even make it somewhat fathomable on what to edit.
Tough notepad++ is nice cause you can f.e. quick edit multiple values using regex (in search switch in the bottom searchmode from normal to Regular Expr.). F.e. if you want to change the toxic values for the girls: tox[^:]*:\d\d[^\d] (though if you'd have 100 on one girl and doesn't kill her yet - didn't try, BETTER: ) tox(?!_max")[^:]*:\d{2,3} RESP. tox[^:]*(?<!_max"):\d{2,3}. Other examples:
Find *siac with ammount: [^,:\{]*siac":\{"am[^\}]*\} Keep in mind, that you search only what you want to (if you go to replace it at least), f.e. not exact would be: [^,:\{]*siac":[^,\}]*
Find *ing with ammount: [^,:\{]*ing":\{"am[^\}]*\}
Find ammount with *ing prior: (?<=ing":)\{"am[^\}]*\} (no need 4 code-tag, just copy it)
The last one could be used to replace all 4 of them in an instant, independet of the text before and the value to: {"amount":99, "unlocked":true}.
[^,:\{]*:\K\{"amount":\d+, ?"unlocked":\w+\}
To play around with it, get a better understanding etc. if you're not familiar with regex:

How can I do this? It's pretty annoying to go through that wall of text that's arranged in a haphazard way.
You can find the answer between your quote's origin and your post:
use Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat to break lines first

Reactions: KapitanDupa

Froster0

Sep 15, 2017
Can someone tell me if the bandages are not functional ? I tried using it several times but my characters health doesn't increase. If there is some prerequisite to use it please enlighten me. And let me also say that i found myself surprised by a game that, at first hand, i thought to be "just another regular one" and later found myself devoting days in order to explore the multiple characters i could role play as. It's nothing new, it's just exceptionally well done

Ttones

Aug 30, 2017
Can someone tell me if the bandages are not functional ? I tried using it several times but my characters health doesn't increase. If there is some prerequisite to use it please enlighten me.
Bandages can only be used when travelling and between encounters. If you use more than one they don't heal as much.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
actually everyone can learn heal so you can just jump into an easy fight and heal whole team pretty fast
yes but Magical Aptitude increases the over all power of it. the reason I said demon was character preference cause rather then 1 additional stat point at start to choose from you get 2, sure you start out with some disadvantages but those are easily overcome with enough time.

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
yes but Magical Aptitude increases the over all power of it. the reason I said demon was character preference cause rather then 1 additional stat point at start to choose from you get 2, sure you start out with some disadvantages but those are easily overcome with enough time.
ok, you mean deamon MC. I always play as human and take Demon slave, hence my misunderstanding.

nln0

Sep 4, 2017

January has been quite productive: main quest ending, random enchanted gear and inventory gui has been released. Now I want to give a little detail on whats going on next.

On large scale we will be rebuilding main GUI for better usability and nicer looks, but this is not much to talk about and is quite straightforward. I have two main concepts regarding gameplay changes on other hand.

Firstly, unique slaves not being unique enough after their questlines are finished. Yes, this issue has been haunting me for some time and I was puzzled at how to deal with it. The obvious solution would be to give unique lines and interactions to them, but that requires lots of potential writing and can be generally risky. This can be added, but right now I gonna aim for shorter term solution.

Unique slaves will gain unique mechanics or traits. I like this way, since this can potentially have huge impact on unique slaves being... well, unique, while also complementing gameplay. Some of the unique effects will also be tied to their quests.

While I have been working on the possible enchantments for items, I've realized there's a big number of possibilities, like items which can only be equipped by certain races, or items only effective against certain enemies. So, this brings me to the idea of having more direct combats and gameplay: enemies which would scale from their character stats. Right now enemies have fixed stats and attached slaves to their bases. The idea is really simple: make enemies inherit their combat stats from slaves and gear. This would make combat and capturing experience a lot more intuitive and 'realistic', as you would get (generally) exactly the character you defeat. This brings couple of issues, like generating those slaves with better difficulty curve and proper gear, and rebalancing some combat stats, but I believe this would make whole experience much better from immersion point (albeit, probably sacrificing some balance, but its probably not that good right now anyway).

Let me know what you think about it, and thank you for another month of support!

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017

Planning on fleshing out game play.
more power to the dev, doesn't change the fact the main quest chain will eventually have to be revisited due to how abruptly it ended. I'm sorry you don't build up this big bad character, only bitch slap him and have him cry on the floor, and then game won. and I'd like to know how the bloody hell he got ahold of one of my slaves with the amount strong ones I left at the mansion effectively acting like security.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
and I'd like to know how the bloody hell he got ahold of one of my slaves with the amount strong ones I left at the mansion effectively acting like security.
Magic. You & other mages in guild obliviously far more powerful then tiny arcana tricks available for your slaves.

This put another problem - PC should get more powerful combat abilities. Sure, lore-based he/she shouldn't receive powerful offensive magic, but some kind of auras / mass buffs or powerful crowd-control effects should be nice to have (some inspiration can be taken from Overwhored / Last Sovereign). Maybe this spells should require craft some potions/scrolls as consumables.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I've had like 4 different playthroughs and not a single one has gotten me past the initial days before I just run out of food with no way to keep up with it. I just can't get into the flow of this game at all.

Reactions: Storm4n

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
I've had like 4 different playthroughs and not a single one has gotten me past the initial days before I just run out of food with no way to keep up with it. I just can't get into the flow of this game at all.
capture decent looking thugs, break their wills, sell them. rinse and repeat. oh and have some slaves that are decent at Hunt/foraging, they'll build up your food supply, and having one that is a Chef will reduce the amount of food used.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I'm assuming the game wants you to jump on the capturing asap, because I've done captures before, they just don't really become useful by the time I'm running out of resources.

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
Buying food is cheap, so how are you running out of money?

Gain one or two levels and you'll be able to slaughter your way through normal spawns, and both bandits and kidnappers can give up gold.

Another trick, if you're having trouble early: go with the Researcher start. You get the alchemy room for free and start with the Heal spell, which makes getting milking going so much easier, and once you have two Taurus in the farm you're set for food. The Heal spell also makes it so much easier to get a slave (or yourself) that difficult first level or two.

Edit: Also, bugfix patches for last update seem to be done, so I'll try to get them all downloaded overnight and uploaded while I'm at work tomorrow.

Reactions: brynhildr

Unknownadd

Sep 23, 2017
It is possible to run out of food, but only if you REALLY REALLY work at it since so many changes have been made to make it easier.

Having a chef puts food on auto-acquire if low as long as you have gold and also reduces the food used per turn. A Scylla makes the best chef.
Foraging is one of the worst ways to get food, but it is a low risk occupation for slaves. Dryads have a bonus to foraging.
Hunting is a decent way to get food and builds up a slave's courage. Arachne have a bonus to hunting.
Farms are the easiest way to get food, but takes slaves out of other possible use.
Taurus have bonuses to milking and large multiple breasts improve milk output.
Harpies have bonuses to laying eggs. Lamias (still) have a placeholder racial for egg laying bonuses but they don't actually have a racial. It's a trap! The only setup is you do need to search the forest for snails to enable egg laying. Yes...snails...it's a thing. -_-;

The outputs are somewhat reliant on stats so there is a theoretical maximum to the amount of food and you can get 'misses' with foraging and hunting where nothing is collected if your stats are too low.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes