JJp

Oct 8, 2017
Guys I seriously cant get the mod to work. I downloaded portrait and body mods from the main page (by Le Lurker?).
I placed both folders inside Appdata/.../.../mods
I launch the game, click Mods at the main menu, set the correct pathway at the bottom right (to the mods folder), click all boxes that appear in the upper left corner (in my case, Constants, bodies, portraits)
Nothing happens in-game. no pictures of any girls or dudues. please help :)

W65

May 31, 2018
Guys I seriously cant get the mod to work. I downloaded portrait and body mods from the main page (by Le Lurker?).
I placed both folders inside Appdata/.../.../mods
I launch the game, click Mods at the main menu, set the correct pathway at the bottom right (to the mods folder), click all boxes that appear in the upper left corner (in my case, Constants, bodies, portraits)
Nothing happens in-game. no pictures of any girls or dudues. please help :)
Those aren't mods. Put the image files in appdata\roaming\strive\bodies and appdata\roaming\strive\portraits depending on which of those they are. To actually use them with your slaves, start your save, go into slave customization, and use the full body and portrait buttons.

I'm not sure if the game does a good job of randomly assigning portraits and bodies. I've been trying that mod on the itch.io for this project that is supposed to assign portraits and bodies, so I don't remember if the vanilla game includes the random portraits checkbox. I haven't been able to get that mod working myself.

JJp

Oct 8, 2017
Those aren't mods. Put the image files in appdata\roaming\strive\bodies and appdata\roaming\strive\portraits depending on which of those they are. To actually use them with your slaves, start your save, go into slave customization, and use the full body and portrait buttons.

I'm not sure if the game does a good job of randomly assigning portraits and bodies. I've been trying that mod on the itch.io for this project that is supposed to assign portraits and bodies, so I don't remember if the vanilla game includes the random portraits checkbox. I haven't been able to get that mod working myself.
OMG... such simple matter, i have fucked up so hard.
Thank you very much

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
As I said in a previous post, you must edit not only the aforementioned script (outside.gd), but also all the files where the icons are loaded (there is the market, the black market in Umbra, the personal inventory, the mansion inventory and God knows what else). And if Maverik renames for instance the "characterinfo" popup like "newcharacterinfo", you must update your mod too.
Imho it's way less bothersome to convert the images once.
Gotcha.
(I'm not a coder, but if I see it, I can compare and understand by logic).
Yah, is much worse trying to figure which text files I have to edit, than using Godot itself.

Thanks for your patience and help, it makes things clearer! :D

I guess it's easier to just do a bunch of item pics, write the descriptions and basic attributes, and upload it for any real modder to use. That way it won't collide with any game update or mod (I tried another mod last night -one about ponyraces- which seemed interesting, but it is coded for version 5.20... it's completely f**ed up with the current 5.22)

Reactions: reeve.miykael

W65

May 31, 2018
Gotcha.
(I'm not a coder, but if I see it, I can compare and understand by logic).
Yah, is much worse trying to figure which text files I have to edit, than using Godot itself.

Thanks for your patience and help, it makes things clearer! :D

I guess it's easier to just do a bunch of item pics, write the descriptions and basic attributes, and upload it for any real modder to use. That way it won't collide with any game update or mod (I tried another mod last night -one about ponyraces- which seemed interesting, but it is coded for version 5.20... it's completely f**ed up with the current 5.22)
That's a perennial problem with mods for games that are still in development. Depending on what the mod changes and how modding is implemented by the game's engine (standardized or home-brew), the mod might work just fine or might horribly break itself or the game at large.

It does feel a little empty to say a thing like that, but that's one reason I've never really been active in modding in-development games, despite enjoying the idea of game mods and using mods extensively in certain finished (barring patches) games. I see sometimes these surprisingly elaborate modding attempts being made on games like this or HHS+, and it just feels to some extent like wasted effort. It at least feels like a guarantee that the modder is at some point going to need to do a lot of work solely to keep the mod working with each new release, or that the mod won't be kept up-to-date and might break with any version update. Then there's the problem of all the extra versions of the mod floating around, compatibility questions between mod version X and game version Y, etc.

That's not to say people shouldn't make game mods, nor that every in-development game will necessarily break mods regularly. Then there's the argument that a large number of indie adult games these days just never seem to be complete, and therefore holding out for a finished product before starting to mod is kind of futile. The whole issue, I guess is just another emerging consequence of the rolling development environment so many indie games are operating in nowadays.

Frankly, though, despite my negativity it's always encouraging to see indie developers who are committed to making their games moddable, and to see modders dedicated enough to essentially volunteer to put time into improving (or at least offering alternatives for) a game that they like.

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Many thanks for your replies.
It's working just fine for me.
Do you mean the spell while out in combat or back at the Mansion? They're two different spells.
I played in sandbox mode and all worked fine in the previous version (0.5.22a). I tried the spell after combat at the control screen and at the mansion. Both with the same effect.
@reeve.miykael
You have to register to report there and I don't want to register to another site just for a bug-report.
So, if anyone is already registered there, I would appreciate the help.

alu98

Jun 18, 2018
I have a stupid question :confused:
what are the portraits and body?
do I need them to run the game....

EDIT: the game showing display error

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I have a stupid question :confused:
what are the portraits and body?
do I need them to run the game....

EDIT: the game showing display error
No you do not need them they are there for you to use on the ones who don't have a head pic or body pic.

Just get the "Bulter" download it has both bodies and heads, one of the other one try's to overwrite files and my virus scan blocks it.

You must start the game 1 time, I mean you must create a game and start playing then use the "custom" button on one of them and there is the option to open the source so you can put them in.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
how do i keep the orphan? the sister always takes her away.
You tell her to leave and give her food and money and in about a week she will come back, you must have been nice to her though.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
thank you, also what file do i put the portraits that i downloaded?
When in game go to the custom page for any of the girls and hit the "Portraits" button and it will open it up and then chose "Open System Folder" and that is where you put them, if you want bodies to I would download the "The Butler" it has both bodies and portraits with some of them matching up with each other. Now if you want access to them out of game there in the appdata under "Roaming" then "Strive".

The other downloads are the same as the "Butlers" but in separate downloads.

Rain01

Mar 18, 2018
thank you, also what file do i put the portraits that i downloaded?
To make it a bit more clear than a1fox3, create a game and go to your start slave. Go to the customization tab. There'll be two buttons, one labelled "portraits" and one labelled "Bodies". Click both. Now the game will have generated folders for both, the location of which will depend on whether you're in PC or Mac. I'm not sure about PC, but in Mac you need to open your finder window, go to your user account, then press cmd+shift+g and type in "library" (there's another way, but this is FAR easier than having to copy/paste codes into the terminal). This will let you into the library folder which is normally hidden. Go to Application Support and there'll be a file there called Strive. Go there and that's where the folders will have been put. Put the portraits (the faces) into the portraits folder and the bodies into the bodies folder, then close that window and relaunch the game and next time you go to the customization tab and the portraits/bodies, the images you put in will show up.

Note that the Library is a hidden file because of dumb people. If you don't know what you're doing, don't delete stuff from the library unless you somewhat know what you're doing since some of the stuff is important for your computer. It's perfectly safe to go there other than that. This area is where most games will store their save files, so for example if you don't want to ever play a Ren'py game again and want to delete its saves, those saves will be in the application support -> ren'py -> xyz (xyz = some filename, most decent effort games will have it named something relevant to the game itself, but some will have weird names that are clearly auto-generated gibberish).

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
On the Wiki there talking about v 0.5.8, is that the latest build of the game?

Where can I find the unlockable sex skills for servants in 0.5.8? I can only locate the interaction menu in the Mansion, but other than that, nothing- I can't seem to upgrade my earners anymore since the UI update.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
How's the new version in term of combat difficulty? I read in the changelog that there is a new endgame area and the bosses damage output is finally increased.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
How's the new version in term of combat difficulty? I read in the changelog that there is a new endgame area and the bosses damage output is finally increased.
I just started playing about a week ago and its great for the main story but that Dragon Nests area is very very hard and I am at lvl 20 and can not make it through without using that spell that lets you skip over the area and running away at every battle.

In story mode you don't get the portal stone for Dragon Nests until after the main story is over but in sandbox mode you get it open when you first start to play.

I will try Dragon Nests area again when I get my group to lvl 30.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
finnaly I suceed to advance i the game.

I use the day 1 and shome cheat to create a beastfox and a new orc servant... and gold to give a basix equipment for everybody... and things become relatively easy. Too easy...

The amnesia potion is powerful for taming uncivilized creatures like harpies and dryas (at day 10, i tamed a level 4 harpy, with 3 in strengh...).

Here some pics.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Discuss with her, and fuck her. Twince should be enough.

Make her wear a maid dress or a slave collar to put her obediance and loyalty high as possible.
For me I be a friend with her and just talk with the "interaction" option and get her loyalty and obedience up to 100% then when the sister comes to get her I make her go with food and money and a week later she comes back and lives with you happy ever after.

I do not treat them as slaves I treat them as friends.

Reactions: Rain01
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes