7upguy

May 16, 2018
I can't even play the game, once I start and go to a new game this happens. The error keeps coming back every couple of seconds and it makes the game unplayable as it freezes the game. Does anyone know what I should do?

TheFresh

Mar 17, 2019
I can't even play the game, once I start and go to a new game this happens. The error keeps coming back every couple of seconds and it makes the game unplayable as it freezes the game. Does anyone know what I should do?
Looks like a corrupt audio file, look into the audio/se/ path and see if the file shows up there, if yes, look if it's manually playable. Best way to fix this issue is to re-download from another file provider, or see if the file from my game works:

7upguy

May 16, 2018
Looks like a corrupt audio file, look into the audio/se/ path and see if the file shows up there, if yes, look if it's manually playable. Best way to fix this issue is to re-download from another file provider, or see if the file from my game works:
Thank you so much for the help! Nothing was working until I added the file from your game! Thank you!

Reactions: TheFresh

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Thank you so much for the help! Nothing was working until I added the file from your game! Thank you!
Might want to redownload regardless, and check your extractor software, because there are quite a few other files with JP characters in their names among the game files... Though with a .7z archive, this shouldn't be a problem.
Yet...you somehow did have one.

Liz0

Sep 3, 2020
Finally got time to play this one.

Pretty fun.
It's rare that all sex scenes and important story bits have voice acting in these kind of games.

Game does get easier in the second-half even on hard mode.
Maybe a bit too easy because you can just strip and beam everyone.

Kiugra

Aug 23, 2020
So can we see her "Twitter" account someway? I see this robot (Alpha) taking photos and videos but never see it on her account...

Mar 19, 2018
so like, is there just not anything with Ayano/Sadistia in the postgame? the final cutscene seems to imply that they'll need her help--i don't recall the exact wording used, but i think it was along the lines of, "we'll need you to help us out, too!"

but i'm looking at the gallery, and tried to do anything i could, and it seems like that statement is just like.... completely false? maybe it's just setting up the sequel or something, i dunno

TheFresh

Mar 17, 2019
so like, is there just not anything with Ayano/Sadistia in the postgame? the final cutscene seems to imply that they'll need her help--i don't recall the exact wording used, but i think it was along the lines of, "we'll need you to help us out, too!"

but i'm looking at the gallery, and tried to do anything i could, and it seems like that statement is just like.... completely false? maybe it's just setting up the sequel or something, i dunno
It serves as an epilogue to the story

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Nice translation, literally first exposure/masturbation scene at the school, and we get this. I've seen some other instances where things were clearly messed up and not taken care like the wrong subject being addressed and whatnot... I suspect that if I were to play the whole game, I'd be able to put up a whole essay of mistakes and likely bits of untranslated text.

Ugh. Why can't people take a week or two to go for an editing pass to fix this sort of stuff...? I don't expect an accurate translation, it's not like I know Japanese to tell the difference anyway beyond things that are obviously out of context and possibly not even then... But having it all in actual English makes all the difference.

1700097060612.png

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Nice translation, literally first exposure/masturbation scene at the school, and we get this. I've seen some other instances where things were clearly messed up and not taken care like the wrong subject being addressed and whatnot... I suspect that if I were to play the whole game, I'd be able to put up a whole essay of mistakes and likely bits of untranslated text.

Ugh. Why can't people take a week or two to go for an editing pass to fix this sort of stuff...? I don't expect an accurate translation, it's not like I know Japanese to tell the difference anyway beyond things that are obviously out of context and possibly not even then... But having it all in actual English makes all the difference.

View attachment 3090241
If you expect perfection from an unedited MTL, why do you play it? But here let me show you how many instances of this are actually in the game.

1700098177314.png

Might be a few more for all I know, but yeah 2 out of a couple thousand lines is pretty good if you ask me. Subjects are a whole different monster to tackle.

If your tolerance for this stuff is so low that it bothers you that much you should be avoiding MTL in general. The reason I don't proof read everything is because its hard mundane work that can take way longer than just a week depending on the game. Perfecting the automation part is what interest me, if someone likes the game a lot, they can always put in their own edits.

Either way I've put in a fix for it that can be applied with the patch in the OP.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
If you expect perfection from an unedited MTL, why do you play it? But here let me show you how many instances of this are actually in the game.

View attachment 3090264

Might be a few more for all I know, but yeah 2 out of a couple thousand lines is pretty good if you ask me. Subjects are a whole different monster to tackle.

If your tolerance for this stuff is so low that it bothers you that much you should be avoiding MTL in general. The reason I don't proof read everything is because its hard mundane work that can take way longer than just a week depending on the game. Perfecting the automation part is what interest me, if someone likes the game a lot, they can always put in their own edits.

Either way I've put in a fix for it that can be applied with the patch in the OP.
I do agree with you that the editing is tedious and extremely boring. It's why I never got into the uploading MTL translations thing, because I've done my own MTLs in the past for personal use, but I couldn't even consider uploading something without edits, much less asking money to make more of it... >.>"

I will give it to you that your translations are generally way, WAY better than the majority of unedited MTL garbage that's somehow allowed on this site. Hell, it's better than a number of those official dlsite MTLs I've seen, if not all of them period.

However, it still bugs me, since with some work, it really could be indistinguishable from a real, if possibly inaccurate translation. The amount of editing for your translations is infinitely smaller than the usual MTL garbage we see around here... So the fact that it's not done, when it's way easier, bugs me more than those b0rked MTLs which I just ignore.

I will apologize though, calling that out with that tone was out of line... It's not like this is your actual job even if you have that Patreon set-up, and you never promised editing passes anyway.

Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I do agree with you that the editing is tedious and extremely boring. It's why I never got into the uploading MTL translations thing, because I've done my own MTLs in the past for personal use, but I couldn't even consider uploading something without edits, much less asking money to make more of it... >.>"

I will give it to you that your translations are generally way, WAY better than the majority of unedited MTL garbage that's somehow allowed on this site. Hell, it's better than a number of those official dlsite MTLs I've seen, if not all of them period.

However, it still bugs me, since with some work, it really could be indistinguishable from a real, if possibly inaccurate translation. The amount of editing for your translations is infinitely smaller than the usual MTL garbage we see around here... So the fact that it's not done, when it's way easier, bugs me more than those b0rked MTLs which I just ignore.

I will apologize though, calling that out with that tone was out of line... It's not like this is your actual job even if you have that Patreon set-up, and you never promised editing passes anyway.
Appreciate the understanding. I do get why people can get annoyed by things like that but I do try to set expectations with these MTLs before hand.

Its not like I go completely unedited but its never a full pass. Usually just some minor edits and a quick speedrun check of the main things. Plus fixes for anything reported.

I definitely don't have the motivation or patience to go through and do a full editing pass so I try to make editing the translation as painless as possible for others who do. Also I don't really make any money from these, I generally break even every month due to api costs.

Reactions: TheFresh

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well.

I eventually did finish this game. Normal difficulty is pretty easy. I never lost a fight that the game didn't force me to lose in the first place. Said fights soured me on the game quite a bit tbh, I really hate those sorts of mechanics... though how much I hate them depends on a lot of factors. From the standpoint of objective facts, the forced to lose fights are extra bad in this game due to the fact that you can't really heavily stockpile on consumables, and some consumables aren't purchasable at all. The regen consumable (which is equivalent to Nymphoria's lvl1 healing skill) and the barrier consumable, which basically gives you 100 extra HP whenever you need without consuming a turn, never show up in the crafting list.

And they're really, really useful consumables, especially if you want to do low HP shenanigans to take advantage of the attack bonus and the SP regen bonus at Strip lvl 2. It's not something you need to do much of on Normal, especially after you get your hands on the SP regen hat and the SP pool reaches ~200... but I imagine that it might be relevant for anyone wanting to try the harder difficulties?

Not sure why you'd want too though...

Moving on, I can kind of see why that one person compared this to Celesphonia, as there are some very superficial similarities I guess... but if you DO compare these games, mechanically speaking, Nymphoria is a way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse game. You only get one action per day. The amount of H-events you have access too besides the defeat rapes is tiny and they're all entirely linear. The sex stats do almost nothing except for the lewdness level which unlocks public masturbation at lvl 4 (not 3). Virginity is irrelevant and never actually mentioned to the point where it's questionable if any of the girls are virgins before this whole mess started. All non-rape events are linear and tied exclusively to story progression and nothing else. The game also kind of pressures you into getting said events because they give stats and you do need them.

The worst part of the game, tbh, is the fact that you have only one action per day. This means that you can choose between seeing an H-event, or fighting. This is problematic because you HAVE to fight no matter what to keep the peace value up... and you don't have an outlet for accumulated lust outside of the H-events until you get public masturbation. This makes managing time tedious, and later on, you end up with situations where you have H-events available, but there's no battles available for you to accumulate lust with, so you can't see them, which leads to just passing the day sleeping. The reverse also happened a couple of times, where I had battles to fight through, but no H-events to use the lust with, but by that point, at least public masturbation was unlocked.

All in all, it's a fairly decent game, but I can't call it a great one in terms of mechanics. Mileage will obviously vary when it comes to other things.

I like the art well enough, even if it's not a favorite art-style for me. The scenes themselves are pretty good, and some go really nicely for me because they have actual cervical penetration, which is actually pretty rare to have shown explicitly the way this game does. The overall story is pretty meh though. There's nothing really that makes it stand out to me, and it gets a bit too ridiculous at times. I get it that it's meant to ride on transforming hero/heroine cliches with a lewd bent, but it kind of falls flat for me on multiple occasions. Also, the fact that all three girls are distant cousins with nutso grandparents is just silly...

Lastly, if there is one thing that's absolutely annoying about the translation that I genuinely think should be fixed, is the fact that the evil organization keeps having its name translated in different ways. I dunno if that's some kind of problem with the original text... but it's called Masteron, Mastaron, Mastelon, Mastalon, Masterlon, Mastarlon, and there were a couple of other, more rare variations too that I don't remember exactly...

Reactions: duncanwadams

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Lastly, if there is one thing that's absolutely annoying about the translation that I genuinely think should be fixed, is the fact that the evil organization keeps having its name translated in different ways. I dunno if that's some kind of problem with the original text... but it's called Masteron, Mastaron, Mastelon, Mastalon, Masterlon, Mastarlon, and there were a couple of other, more rare variations too that I don't remember exactly...
It's probably in Katakana in the original text so GPT keeps changing the spelling. Kinda hard to fix now since its integrated with all the English. I could do some mass find/replace but its risky since I might replace something else with similar spelling.

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes