RPGM Completed Star Knave [v1.0.3 Public] [Oko]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Ronronron

Aug 23, 2018
That's looking great. Love the style, writing and atmosphere you're setting. Is there any chance you're releasing the music somewhere?

FinderX

Jan 15, 2018
I tried to launch the game in wine but crash, then installed some c++ runtimes and still crash.
Anybody know what dependencies use this game in wine ?
thk in advanced.

watwatwat

Aug 13, 2016
Is there only 2 scenes in this release? Was hoping for a lot more options similar to how Lateshifter was. It seems like the only option you really have is to not titty fuck the bathroom girl and not fuck the main girl.

Are the items: paystubs, panties, worn panties, ect have any use or are they just there no reason? I thought the weapon you chose would have a difference too but apparently not. Like a no kill run by using the riot stick compared to the gun.

I liked it, just disappointed that there isn't more unless I'm braindead and am missing something obvious.

hvhv

Jun 6, 2017
Looking forward to more, really interesting game so far with a unique style. Can someone rip the music from the game? it's one of the best parts about it.

sudieken

Apr 26, 2017
Is there only 2 scenes in this release? Was hoping for a lot more options similar to how Lateshifter was. It seems like the only option you really have is to not titty fuck the bathroom girl and not fuck the main girl.

Are the items: paystubs, panties, worn panties, ect have any use or are they just there no reason? I thought the weapon you chose would have a difference too but apparently not. Like a no kill run by using the riot stick compared to the gun.

I liked it, just disappointed that there isn't more unless I'm braindead and am missing something obvious.
AFAIK this is just one level but I'm disappointed in it regardless. Part of what made Lateshifter special was the amount of detail and choice in every little segment. Even if it let to the same sex scene there was a lot of variance and you had some freedom with the way you went about things. As an alternative to the 'romantic' route you could also blackmail and coerce some of the characters, even side with the evil sister. Or betray her for the main girl. Or just betray her for your own interests and then betray the main girl for fun.

Reactions: nashk

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
It is only me that need push enter thousand times to go the next text? It is so slow that you need wait several seconds to push enter or the game is working bad in my pc?

Fab-sama

Jun 5, 2018
AFAIK this is just one level but I'm disappointed in it regardless. Part of what made Lateshifter special was the amount of detail and choice in every little segment. Even if it let to the same sex scene there was a lot of variance and you had some freedom with the way you went about things. As an alternative to the 'romantic' route you could also blackmail and coerce some of the characters, even side with the evil sister. Or betray her for the main girl. Or just betray her for your own interests and then betray the main girl for fun.
Guys, I hope you realize that this was just a demo. Even though it says 1.00, it was just meant to be a sample. Oko only spent a few months on this release and most of his time was spent on working on the skeleton of this new game.

Reactions: Gabaw

tibasu

May 16, 2018
Can't wait to see more of this game. It's a great example of how you keep focus on the important parts of a game and create something wonderful instead of investing into everything at once just to make it appear more impressive. I don't doubt the basic mechanics took time to work on, but most would say the important part of erotic games is the women and sex scenes. You take less time designing mundane animations, sprites or models (Since it's pixel sprites instead of detailed ones or 3D models) and can focus on dialogue/interactions, the detailed appearance of characters (When you talk 1 on 1), and the sex scenes (Which are amazing).

That said, not sure why it's version 1.0.x when it's a demo. Usually it would be 0.x.x. May want to add Demo somewhere to prevent people from expecting a full game.

arkopand

May 7, 2018
Hello Oko, I'm not a patron, but I'd really like the Linux version.
I tried to launch the game in wine but crash, then installed some c++ runtimes and still crash.
Anybody know what dependencies use this game in wine ?
thk in advanced.
Same here, can't Wine it. Oko-senpai, does it require .Net or some stuff?

sudieken

Apr 26, 2017
Guys, I hope you realize that this was just a demo. Even though it says 1.00, it was just meant to be a sample. Oko only spent a few months on this release and most of his time was spent on working on the skeleton of this new game.
I don't think you're right. It's not a sample or demo, it's the first level. If he plans on going back and adding more to this part of the game he can correct me but the last post I saw said he's moving on to the next segment. I was criticizing with the hope that he would keep it in mind for the next episode.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I really like the game but it's kinda cumbersome to go through text, and you gotta do it carefully or you hit a choice by mistake. Going back through I did this several times and it annoyed the hell out of me.
Any way to rush through text and stop automatically at the choice segments? I wanna see different outcomes without mistakenly hitting one by mashing. I didn't see one, and if one exists I missed it entirely because I'm an idiot.
Thanks~
I loooove the art and feel of the game though.

Also this is my first post, stopped lurking to ask this. Lol.
Hai.

Oko

Apr 15, 2017
Thanks to everybody posting with issues they found. I've hopefully fixed them all in 1.0.3;
Sorry for the mass of @s, but I wanted to alert people the issues they found have been (mostly) dealt with.

@muwtant,@megamantaray
Dialogue stuff:
Added warning to let players know which choice results in lengthy text before a scene, which skips to it
Made Fast Forward actually work now, so hold [Q] to skip dialogue without risking making a choice you didn't mean to

@curlyNadine,@kingking00,@TheMadRobot365,@Ursus4321
Slow performance / freezing: These have hopefully been fixed, now.
I managed to replicate the issues some were having on my (Atom x7) GPD Pocket and find the plugins responsible, thankfully I was able to replace, edit or live without them.
Went from 20-something fps with dips as low as 4, to a solid 45fps throughout on the same machine.
I also added a "netbook mode" to turn off all the graphically intensive filters and effects, which gets the same GPD a solid 60fps now.

@bstr2k2
Fights too hard: Added in difficulty settings now; Normal, Easy and Very Easy (for the vidya-challenged or those who just wanna fap in peace).

@SlowDance
Fixed the contradicting standards for Esc key during dialogue, thanks!

@FinderX,@arkopand
Sorry bros, no Linux compatibility at present. I'll get to it at some point, but Linux accounts for less than 1% of my blog traffic, despite my last game being on it, so it's not been high prio so far.
I could release the Linux version as-is and just hope it all works, but I've no way to test it beforehand.

@sudieken
Sorry to hear you were disappointed, but what's out so far is a tutorial and not meant to be very open-ended- I just wanted to teach the battle, interaction and hentai mechanics in the form of a story.
I'm trying to find a good balance between possibilities and promptness; Lateshifter took me 9 months, this tutorial was 8 weeks! :)

OP should have new links soon, but you can get it at my blog until then:

nashk

Apr 9, 2017
@Oko

Hey Oko i'm a big fan of your work. One question I have though, which I think was asked earlier, is will we be able to act more like a jerk like we did in Lateshifter? I really enjoyed that dark, seedy atmosphere you've built in your games and I was wondering if we can act as much as a jerk like we can in the previous game, including blackmail and other unsavory options.

I enjoy playing the weary good guy (beating up zeke and his goons was cathartic), but I also enjoy playing along with the bad parts of the setting as well.

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
Vrusk flashbacks... where was I?
I RPed a Vrusk ooh so long ago. Bad swimmers, otherwise awesome. :)

A lot of good thoughts towards Oko here, and I'm fine with (or even prefer) verbose writing as long as it's good quality. I'll give this a shot!

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes