Mod Ren'Py Star Channel 34 Platinum Mod Ep 11

WhytShadow

May 20, 2018
Can someone help me with this problem. When I start the game, an error occurs and a traceback.txt file is created.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win/game/18_new_store.rpy.
ScriptError: Name u'cap_store_stuff' is defined twice, at 18_new_store.rpyc:1 and game/18_new_store.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 498, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=rpyfn)
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 336, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name u'cap_store_stuff' is defined twice, at 18_new_store.rpyc:1 and game/18_new_store.rpy:1.

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761

This is what is says. any help with this?
You're using Astrisk's mod right? Ask him on his mod thread. It's some issue with the script that he wrote.

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
Can someone help me with this problem. When I start the game, an error occurs and a traceback.txt file is created.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win/game/18_new_store.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 498, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=rpyfn)
File "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win\renpy\script.py", line 336, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-post2008Server-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.18.3.761

This is what is says. any help with this?
You're using Astrisk's mod right? Ask him on his mod thread. It's some issue with the script that he wrote.
Doesn't look like my code. This issue is caused by Ren'py trying to load the same line of code from both 18_new_store.rpyc and game\18_new_store.rpy. My code doesn't touch those files.

Check the folder "D:\G-Files\Games\Seekrit\SC34\11.2\Star_Channel_34-win/game/" and see if you have files labeled as "18_new_store.rpy" and "18_new_store.rpyc". If you see both files, try deleting the .rpyc file and try loading the game again. If it still does not work, rename your 11.2 version installation and try unpacking the game again. If you are adding the mod patch, make sure you add it to the game folder. Let me know if either of these fixes work for you.

If either of those things do not fix the issue:
I have tried the patch on both version 11.02 and 11.03 and cannot reproduce the issue that you are having. Does the game error out when you open it, or does it happen when you load a save and try to do something? If it happens when you try to do something, then upload the save file and list the steps that you are taking to cause the issue.

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
I realize that 11.03 added in some new costumes for April that don't show up when you use my patch. I will go ahead and get that updated sometime this weekend.

Dgluver

Aug 24, 2020
I realize that 11.03 added in some new costumes for April that don't show up when you use my patch. I will go ahead and get that updated sometime this weekend.
Just curious, does the mod only effect April's costumes or should I wait until it's fixed to patch the mod in?

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
Ok cool....also I'm using joiplay, any ideas on how to access the store folder on android?
Sorry, I have no idea how that app works. It looks like it emulates the environment, so I would assume you can just place the files in their respective folders and then you should be able to just go into the character screen and find the mod menu in the top right like you would on windows. But I have not used this app myself and have not tested with it, so I do not know for sure.

Dgluver

Aug 24, 2020
Sorry, I have no idea how that app works. It looks like it emulates the environment, so I would assume you can just place the files in their respective folders and then you should be able to just go into the character screen and find the mod menu in the top right like you would on windows. But I have not used this app myself and have not tested with it, so I do not know for sure.
Well most of the mods work, but the stuff that's supposed to go into the shop folder can't because that folder doesn't show up on Android. At least not in my extracted folder of the game. No biggie though! Thanks for your mod!

ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
i'm assuming it would be better to wait for an update to the mod rather than use the mod for Ep11 on Ep 12, i'm restarting so it'll be a while before i get to ep12 content

Reactions: Dgluver

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
i'm assuming it would be better to wait for an update to the mod rather than use the mod for Ep11 on Ep 12, i'm restarting so it'll be a while before i get to ep12 content
You would be correct. You can replace outfits with the mod outfits if you want, but if you would rather use the patch, wait for an update. Akabur just released another update and this is supposed to be the final update with a part 2 coming out sometime in the future. I will see about setting some time aside to figure out the issues that I had been running in to and release an update once I have them all sorted out.

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
does this work with the newest version or does it need a patch
You can use the loose files if you want to replace default costumes. If you want to use the patch, I would recommend against it until I update it. Because of the way I had to write it, you will not be able to use the new outfits that were introduced in the last two updates if you have the patch installed.

Reactions: Steelix

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
I guess I should post here as well, I updated the patch Saturday. You can find it on my thread Here.

Please keep in mind that I could not get the patch for April to work. The code is there, but the mod button does not show up for me. Maybe it will work for other people.

Reactions: Magixian

vMarik

May 16, 2018
I'm currently on Ep3. I'm curious to know if Genie/Captain/MC gets to have sex with these girls at some point. or is it watching them fuck other people?

Asterisk Mods

Jun 5, 2017
I dont know why but April doesnt have a mod button. Is this a bug?
Yes, it is a bug. One that I hadn't been able to figure out at the time of releasing the update for the patch and kinda forgot about. Been swamped at work and too tired to work on personal projects when I got home. Hopefully will be able to figure it out at a later date.